Serious question #2

Mc Super

Moderated User
….another puzzling (to be nice) decision by the wizards at OHSAA- 3 out of the 4 regional final games are AT THE SAME TIME. Ummmm, just a thought but if you want to promote girls soccer, maybe make games at different times throughout the day to INCREASE ATTENDANCE!??? Lordy may pearl.....

Two things:

1. At least one or two locations are hosting both a girls' game as well as a boys, so that might play into the times they scheduled for some of the venues.

2. I think you're overestimating the likelihood of many people wanting to go to more than one game in a day, especially assuming they would have to drive at least 1-2 hours from one stadium to another.

Two things:

1. At least one or two locations are hosting both a girls' game as well as a boys, so that might play into the times they scheduled for some of the venues.

2. I think you're overestimating the likelihood of many people wanting to go to more than one game in a day, especially assuming they would have to drive at least 1-2 hours from one stadium to another.

Two things you said. (see above)

If a location is hosting two games, they could easily SWAP times of the boys and girls games so they are not all noon start times

Don't generalize YOUR opinion on everyone. I was speaking on behalf of multiple complaints of coaches, players, parents, soccer followers, etc. And YES, driving one hour is SOOOO HORRIBLE, but for true fans, knowing there is only a handful of games left this entire season and life is short, would and could easily drive that far, not to mention NE Ohio is hosting multiple sites as is Columbus and Dayton/Cinci so your argument is even less smart since you are talking about the exception, not the rule. OHSAA, like most HS Admin, are lazy and just do the bare minimum ALL THE TIME. FACT.

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s 3-5 of us former and active coaches that would see multiple games. I find them pretty entertaining at this stage.

No offense, but I don't think 10 or even 20 people move the needle. But I will say this, the Princeton field was very confusing because of all the sports painted on the turf and it was kind of chilly. I would think that the players would have preferred playing on a soccer only field and maybe play this game during the day when there was a chance of sun.

If OHSAA was concerned with promoting and the well being of their sport, they would care if they could get even ONE more fan to their games, so the 'move the needle' thing makes ZERO sense. Its all about how LAZY they are to NOT make simple scheduling changes to get more people to enjoy the games. Eh.

I think the "one More fan" comment show absolutely zero understanding of finances surrounding high school sports. You jump the ladder of inference and using terms like lazy and inferring the schedulers are "stupid" because they did not consider the 5 or 10 people that may want to drive and 1.5 hours between games when they may have crowds that average 300 to 400 people. That additional 5 to 10 people doesn't move the needle.

I think the "one More fan" comment show absolutely zero understanding of finances surrounding high school sports. You jump the ladder of inference and using terms like lazy and inferring the schedulers are "stupid" because they did not consider the 5 or 10 people that may want to drive and 1.5 hours between games when they may have crowds that average 300 to 400 people. That additional 5 to 10 people doesn't move the needle.
No. There is ZERO cost to changing a time from noon to 2pm or 4pm. But YEP, OHSAA is filled with people finding the easiest way to get something anything done with absolutely ZERO thought process. Sorry to offend you OHSAA employee but its been the same way today OBVIOUSLY as it was when I was a coach in '94.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always gotten a kick out of people who feel -- based on their opinion without any research or basis in fact that they can point to -- that their opinion is 100% correct, and any others (especially OSHAA's position or decisions) are clearly inferior.
Why are OSHAA's decisions inferior? Only because posters like Mc Super say so.

Who knew there were so many OHSAA admins hiding on this site? Gotta give it to that idiot Mcsup- he manipulated all the OHSAA people to show their true identities on here.

Not an OHSAA admin, just pay attention to what they write, how bids go out and what is important to them. What is important is doing events for the cheapest and most convenient (for them) way possible. If they are going to have a soccer regional final at night early in November on a field which is not a soccer only field and not regulation width because of who bid it and what resources the bid is willing to include, then no they don't care about the 10 to 20 people out of 500 that may attend multiple games. And those 10 to 20 people don't move the needle financially or revenue/ cost. So quit complaining about nothing Mr. "I have been coaching since 94' and I know more than everybody because of that". Nobody cares.

....one can only wonder how many of the people choosing to complain about the OHSAA's decisions, etc have actually taken the time / made the effort to voice those concerns DIRECTLY to the OHSAA Office in CBus?

....one can only wonder how many of the people choosing to complain about the OHSAA's decisions, etc have actually taken the time / made the effort to voice those concerns DIRECTLY to the OHSAA Office in CBus?
I've done it in the past. Even volunteered to help. Zero response back.

Not related to soccer, but I have volunteered to help with our baseball field many times. I work at night, have the time and the field needs a lot of work. They are not interested in the help at all. Unfortunately, the baseball coach has been doing it and now he wants the kids to help out with things like fixing the bullpen mound. But no parents.