Senate/House Map 2020

Destroyed the Republican party ?

What it verifies is the power of the media as a propaganda machine.
It will come back with a post Trump rebirth. He just destroyed the current version. You can’t lose all the House, Senate, and presidency and call it anything but a destruction.

In a two-party winner take all/one past the post system, I'm not sure you'll ever fully get rid of gerrymandering.
The Democrats want to control the Fed while the GOP wants to control the state. The GOP controls more states than any party in USA history. Republicans control 34 upper chambers while Democrats only control 13.

Gerrymandering is only going to get worse as the GOP slowly takes over the states

Why am I not surprised that you guys openly support the f__ckery that is gerrymandering

Why am I not surprised that you guys openly support NOT requiring photo ID to vote or using drop boxes to collect ballots? It works both ways.

BTW I like to think of this as fighting fire with water. The GOP isn't as good at vote stealing as the democrats are but they're pretty damn good at gerrymandering. So quit crying and take it - just like we have to.

The Democrats want to control the Fed while the GOP wants to control the state. The GOP controls more states than any party in USA history. Republicans control 34 upper chambers while Democrats only control 13.

Gerrymandering is only going to get worse as the GOP slowly takes over the states
Fantastic if true.

Why am I not surprised that you guys openly support NOT requiring photo ID to vote or using drop boxes to collect ballots? It works both ways.

BTW I like to think of this as fighting fire with water. The GOP isn't as good at vote stealing as the democrats are but they're pretty damn good at gerrymandering. So quit crying and take it - just like we have to.
I have two vivid memories from the first time I voted.
1. How cool it felt to cast a vote.
2. Amazed I didnt have to show an ID. At first I thought it was because the pollster knew me and such (and every year would comment on if I beat my parents to the voting booth that day).

I just find it amazing that an ID is not required.

Did Trump bring new voters to the GOP or to the Trump party? I believe future elections will answer this question. Will the GOP continue to be ruled by Trump or will they revert to the GOP preTrump? Which would be the better path to follow? Right now having a divided party does not seem like the way to go.

If the GOP is smart he brought them to the republican party. If the GOP is stupid Trump will create a new party. Now you might think that would guarantee democrat dominance for decades. But then again who knows? A simple glance at history demonstrates one thing above all else - life is unpredictable.

Just like how the left cheered when Trump won the GOP nomination in 2016. Not only did everyone think that a Trump candidacy would mean a Hillary landslide but conventional wisdom had it that the GOP would lose the House, Senate and a whole bunch of Governorship's and State Legislators. In fact the opposite happened.

Bottom line - be careful what you wish for.

I would compare gerrymandering to actual vote stealing. Put gerrymandering into the category of practices that are toxic and antithetical to having a functional republic.

NYP 2021-01-06_20-29-49.jpg

First, believe it or not, I think the best outcome for the country would have been a split last night and a very slim GOP majority in the Senate. I have posted as much, previously. That said, this may be the only thing that could begin to snap The Cult out of their trance. This is verifiable proof that Trump has destroyed the Republican Party. My hope that this shellacking, and the fiasco that will be Trump’s post presidency will shock at least some of the kooks back to reality. I don’t think you or lot10r are savable with all your BS talk of civil war, but I still hold hope for some of you.

I'll give you credit if you recognize and understand the danger of a super majority. It changes everything. The least of which is my participation here. Sniping back and forth over the power struggle is great sport, but that's gone now. Democrats will have their way, and crying about it just ain't my style when I don't have a leg to stand on.

What's obvious to me after Georgia is that a major reform of how we elect our officials should be the priority. Over a billion dollars was concentrated in one state, and the money won. I have zero confidence that's going to happen, and why would it. Pretty tough to get the winners to change the rules when it works so well for them.

Your last sentence made me chuckle. Considering how the rest of the day unfolded, I must look like a god to you. lol

First off good post . I thought it would be close but the republicans would hold the senate so I was wrong there.{ 1-1 was all that was needed as we know and I th0ught that was the best the Dems would do and I would have bet on it if forced but i stick to what I know better and that's NFL CFB and College hoops } Yes it has always ebbed and flowed , which is why I have always found it interesting when one party is on a winning streak they get too high , and think that the kingdom will have no end . Demo's are important. Georgia has shifted .it has a high Black population and it has gotten a nice chunk of transplants from more Democratic bastions. People are moving South in larger numbers. I will likely be one of them down the road a bit .

I was right about Trump ultimately hurting the Republican party . Now I do know that he DID help some in terms of getting elected or re-elected , he won some he lost a few when he supported candidates. But the reputation of the party has been tarnished. I realize many here don't see it that way , but this guy wreaked a lot of havoc , was a negative force in so many ways and as he has been throughout his life. Everything he gets near he destroys, tarnishes, bankrupts, gets sued by and ultimately hurts in some way or another . He will turn on anyone no matter how many years loyal , he will burn anything down if he is in the mood and unfortunately he was embraced by too many people and it hasn't worked out as it always doesn't IN THE END when it comes to Trump.

He elicits a lot of emotion , and a majority of it is NEGATIVE. That's why there has been the incredible Democratic turnout. It's usually about who gets out to vote more in close to 50 -50 races. 2016 the Democrats didn't get out to vote as well as the Republicans did, this time around they got out in larger numbers than Republicans did . Republicans base is shrinking a bit. How many popular votes have Republicans won in general elections in the last say 25-30 years ? Biden is old as dirt , you can make fun of him all you want and there will be plenty of that , BUT he held his own on the debate stage, isn't as sharp as he once was and he was never tack like , but he was sufficient in terms of people who just wanted Trump away from power . They made the right choice .

Dems may lose the house down the road it's 50-50 in the senate , and President Biden is not aging well and will be 82 freaking years old after his first term . I don't think anyone in their 80's should be Prez . I would have much preferred Amy Klobachar as VP , I think she is tough, smart and capable . She is effective . Trump has disgraced himself adn continues to . I really believe that he remains a famous force but will not be a true political force in terms of helping others, because that's NEVER been who he is and he truly doesn't care about other people . This fact is readily apparent when he half heartedly stumps for others and makes it more about himself .

See, I knew all along you could break your thoughts down into paragraphs. lol

Good luck with your super majority. I hope you're a little nervous about where that will take us. "You people" are definitely the dog that caught the car going forward.

That’s about the biggest load of crap I’ve read here in quite some time .
Pew Reaserch Center says 22% of Democrats have recieved food stamps while only 10% of Republicans have and 17% of independents.

So since there are more Democrats than Republicans, the percentage of poor who vote Democrat are much more than twice as many as poor who vote Republican.

I give you your load of crap back.

I find some humor in Cruz trying to preemptively court MAGA voters for 2024 given that Trump repeatedly trolled and attacked him and his family in the 2016 primary cycle, and probably contributed greatly to all of the memes joking about Cruz being the Zodiac killer.

Politics makes for strange alliances.