Semifinal: Ohio State vs Clemson (12/28)

Who wins?

• Buckeyes by 1-7

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Buckeyes by 8-15

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Buckeyes by 16+

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Tigers by 1-7

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Tigers by 8-15

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Tigers by 16+

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
I believe this comes down to two aspects:
1. How healthy and limited is Fields?
2. Can Clemson flip the switch after facing a schedule of (huddle shoutout) Meaty-oakre teams?

This year Ohio State had 8 games against teams with more than 7 wins.
Clemson had 3.
A lot of people look at 3 years ago. But...
Ohio State was almost a one dimensional run team with JT at qb.
Not the case this year. They have abou double the percent of long to throws this year.
I think JT had 127 passing yards, 0 tds, and 2 picks. Fields will have better stats than that, he’s a far better overall qb.
The lines will be the difference. If either qb has more time or the rbs have more room, that team will win.
I think the Clemson lines are down and the Ohio State lines are much better.
Should be fun to watch.

My heart says OSU is going to win this game 31-27. My mind....I'm torn. I watched the way Clemson rolled through Bama in the playoffs last year and I can't get that out of my brain. We are going to have to come out and run the ball effectively. We are going to stop Lawrence. Kid is just a special talent and probably the best college QB since Peyton Manning.

I'll be cheering my heart out for OSU, but I'll say Clemson wins the game 38-27.

This year Ohio State had 8 games against teams with more than 7 wins.
Clemson had 3.
A lot of people look at 3 years ago. But...
Ohio State was almost a one dimensional run team with JT at qb.
Not the case this year. They have abou double the percent of long to throws this year.
I think JT had 127 passing yards, 0 tds, and 2 picks. Fields will have better stats than that, he’s a far better overall qb.
The lines will be the difference. If either qb has more time or the rbs have more room, that team will win.
I think the Clemson lines are down and the Ohio State lines are much better.
Should be fun to watch.
But that's the fallacy of that point...they play no comparable teams. When teams in bad conference play bad teams, someone wins. You have a bunch of teams with inflated win totals.
Barrett was a designated running back who threw a little. Fields, I feel is more of a thrower. But, has he played in any big games and under pressure? The big games he's played in this year, were his worst. Add the knee issues and who knows.

However, this isn't last year's Clemson team. They had an elite defensive line and pushed Bama around. I don't think they have that this year. Should be a good game. we'll see.

Not a huge Fields fan as I think he holds on to the ball too long but the throw at Michigan, the 2:10 mark below, where he came back on to the field after some time in the medical tent is of NFL quality. Most NCAA QBs after getting injured would be tap dancing and looking at the rush, not down field yet he kept his eyes where they should be and set his feet to make a really hard throw. If he can do that again Saturday tOSU will be hard to beat and he will making a strong case as choice 1b to Lawrence as the top QB in the 2021 draft..

I don’t love Fields as a NFL qb, I think he’s limited as a passer, but I love him as a dual option guy at OSU. I’d put him in the same category as Kyler Murray, who I also believe is a limited passer.

By the way, the big news out of the Fiesta Bowl media day was that tOSU arranged their room diagram by major. Also, how many times is a guard given his own interview station?

EMun-uuU0AAb5sO.jpg

I don’t love Fields as a NFL qb, I think he’s limited as a passer, but I love him as a dual option guy at OSU. I’d put him in the same category as Kyler Murray, who I also believe is a limited passer.
He’s a better QB right now than Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray

I know Ohio State owns the statistical performance metrics and that Clemson's 2019 schedule is considered to be weak, but I see the Tigers pulling away late by something like 38-24. Simply put, Clemson's speed will wear down the Bucks in the fourth quarter. I certainly hope OSU proves me wrong, but I see this CFP semi match up reinforcing the stereotype of slow Midwest - Big 10 football.

What year is this? I'm assuming you've been watching the 1975 OSU team?

How many games has Fields started in college ? The guy is going to be a stud. Saying that Trevor Lawrence is the best QB in college football.

Great start. That run reminds me of the Elliot run that broke the back of Bama in Ohio State's last National Championship season.

If the Bucks can shut down Clemson's O the next couple of drives this game might go the way of the earlier LSU/OK game. The question with Clemson has been about their schedule. The next couple of possessions should tell us a lot.