Sebring Trojans 09

The Trojans return:
a 4-year starter at catcher; All-ITCL.
a 4-year starter at third; All-ITCL.
a 4-year starter at short; 2nd team All-ITCL at P.
a 3-year starter at second; HM All-ITCL.
a very good right fielder.
the starting center fielder.
a very good soph. pitcher who lettered.

They have several others who will fill needed roles.

The Trojans will field a very competitive team. They should battle Mcd, Lowellville, and Western Reserve for the title.

Long-time head coach Doug Eaton is assisted by one of the best, in long-time Hot Stove League coach Bob Weekly. Both men have a wealth of experience and knowledge.

Don't think I say loaded.....it will take more then 2 pitchers to win the league
and we have a #1 and #2 starter if they can get some help out of the handful of inexperienced varsity pitchers we should be in the top half of the league meaning if some of the players can help out in relief when we are playing our league opponents we will be in the mix of things....I think our defense should be good as well as our hitting ......but we can all talk about ifs,whats,couldbe's thats why we play the games I think the talent is there
but they must perform and maybe different players stepping up and helping out in differents ways and or different games....should be a interesting season how it plays out.
Good Luck to the Trojans looking forward to watching the games.

I'm excited, can't wait to see what 09 holds for a bunch of hs players! Lots of very good players out there and a few dark horses we've never heard of will be among the stat leaders by the end of the season. Maybe even a few teams will have an outstanding yrs and surprise some people. Hopefully the Trojans catch a wave and ride it! Good luck to Sebring baseball in 09!

I agree 11's I wouldn't say that the Trojans are "loaded", but the do have a really nice nucleus of returning lettermen. They are going to need a couple of players to really step up. If that happens it could be a good year for the Trojans.

The Trojans return:
a 4-year starter at catcher; All-ITCL.
a 4-year starter at third; All-ITCL.
a 4-year starter at short; 2nd team All-ITCL at P.
a 3-year starter at second; HM All-ITCL.
a very good right fielder.
the starting center fielder.
a very good soph. pitcher who lettered.

They have several others who will fill needed roles.

The Trojans will field a very competitive team. They should battle Mcd, Lowellville, and Western Reserve for the title.

Long-time head coach Doug Eaton is assisted by one of the best, in long-time Hot Stove League coach Bob Weekly. Both men have a wealth of experience and knowledge.

Three 4 year All-ITCL performers, a 3 year All-ITCL performer and a host of other good players, with two good coaches.....I'm no genius but I would say that is "loaded"....unfortunately...or fortunately...depends on which way you look at it, there are a few teams that are loaded in the league.

Good Luck to everyone in 2009

111411, I'd agree with that. McDonald has the best player in the league and Lowellville seems to get better every year, while WR returns 8 starters and their entire pitching staff. I am excited to see some baseball...lets keep our fingers crossed for good weather

Look forward to a tight race and some good baseball and hopefully the Trojans come out on top or in the race the whole season.

The Trojans had a good week of practice. The addition of Coach Jurica will definitely help. He brings many years of experience with him. Once again he still will have the "Best seat in the house" :D With Coach Jurica on first it frees up Coach Weekly to remain close to the players on "O" and "D". Coach Eaton is showing alot of intensity right now getting the boys motivated and ready to compete for a league title and beyond. Good Luck Trojans!

So 11 how was the first day on the playing field how did they look?Yes he will be a good addition and have to adjust to firstbase just don't try to send them home from first...lol....advice from a former 1st base coach....and Coach Weekly has always enjoyed being on the bench more then out in the field which will help the team hope he gets to call the pitches for the game cause that is one of his strong assets which I think could help the pitchers and the team.........nice to add some eye's and baseball knowledge to the team lets hope that it gets used cause we all know that 6 eye's are better than 2. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING 11 IN HIS UNIFORM!!!!!!

So 11 how was the first day on the playing field how did they look?Yes he will be a good addition and have to adjust to firstbase just don't try to send them home from first...lol....advice from a former 1st base coach....and Coach Weekly has always enjoyed being on the bench more then out in the field which will help the team hope he gets to call the pitches for the game cause that is one of his strong assets which I think could help the pitchers and the team.........nice to add some eye's and baseball knowledge to the team lets hope that it gets used cause we all know that 6 eye's are better than 2. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING 11 IN HIS UNIFORM!!!!!!

The Trojans have some positions to fill. Coach Eaton and Coach Weekly will have the Trojans on their toes. The Trojans will rely on their seniors. There's two weeks of practice to see who can step up.

I'm hoping 11's uni will fit better than a birdie's did. :laugh:

Hehehehe yes was a little tight around the waist!!!!Haven't pitched batting practice in 4yrs that kept me thin!!!Hopefully we will get some nice weather and be able to get on the field.

Sure you can sit on the first base side and when someone gets caught stealing.........start yelling at him what the heck was you thinking sending him to second...this could be fun............lol but as for me i'll be sitting out close to leftfield or in the stands somewhere watching the game and maybe taking a few pics on the kids.

SEBRING 2009 SCHEDULE

3/30 H LEETONIA
3/31 A LEETONIA
4/ 4 A MALVERN (DH)
4/ 6 A LOWELLVILLE
4/ 7 H LOWELLVILLE
4/14 H MCDONALD
4/15 A MCDONALD
4/18 H EAST CANTON (DH)
4/20 A SOUTHERN
4/21 H SOUTHERN
4/25 A LAKE CENTER (DH)
4/27 H JACKSON-MILTON
4/28 A JACKSON-MILTON
5/ 4 A WELLSVILLE
5/ 5 H WELLSVILLE
5/11 A WESTERN RESERVE
5/12 H WESTERN RESERVE

I know that there's a home DH with Lisbon in there somewhere. There are also two home games with Heartland Christian. I think Aquinas is also on the schedule, as is Youngstown Christian. A game #27 is up in the air.

Last edited:
some pretty good non-conf. games in Malvern, LC, EC, and St. Thomas. Malvern and LC were both state-ranked last year with most of there starters back. Hopefully your 3 & 4 pitchers have a little, or could be a long weekend

Good Luck Trojans

some pretty good non-conf. games in Malvern, LC, EC, and St. Thomas. Malvern and LC were both state-ranked last year with most of there starters back. Hopefully your 3 & 4 pitchers have a little, or could be a long weekend

Good Luck Trojans

When you're in a league, you always save 1 and 2 for those games. I'm guessing that EC and Malvern will also use their 3 and 4. LC will have the luxury of just going through thier rotation. They have a very nice program in Hartville. Senior dominated.

Last edited:
EC will be using a 3 and 4 I am sure. They have league games on Mon and Tues. Malvern has league on Tue and Thur so that might have there 1 or 2 available. Lake Center Christian has a tough week. They play some good teams that might use up some pitching during that week. Saturday double headers are always great because you never know how the games will turn out due to pitching. Good luck to all this spring!