Scrimmage Scores

Alter - 1
Beavercreek – 0
Beavercreek can’t match Alter’s intensity with Alter deservedly getting the win.

What does creek have coming back from last season? I am a little more familiar with Alter's team.

Beavercreek lost a lot of size and skill in key positions. The defense should be solid and the midfield will be skilled but undersized. Scoring goals will be the biggest challenge this year. This team will need to figure out how to win a lot of 1-0 games. It will be a learning process early in the season, but if the players can learn to play as a team, they should make another deep tourney run. I can see them competing for a regional title but not sure after that.

Beavercreek -1
St. Xavier - 1
Two nontraditional goals (Creek with pk and St. Xavier with an OG) but pretty good action from both teams. It was a fun game to watch. St. Xavier has a pretty awesome facility @ Ballaban Field. The field seemed a little wider than most high school combo football/soccer turf fields.

Beavercreek - 1
Moeller - 0

Looked like a preseason game lacking intensity and quality from both teams. Not sure how far folks have Moeller going this season but they seemed so-so to me - they have a pretty shifty forward and a couple of fast centerbacks but nothing else stood out to me. In my opinion, St. X is a much better team and I can easily see them playing 5 or 6 games in the tourney.