Scores for 9-4

Not in this area. When the OE / CUP debacle lost SW Ohio’s DA team that was one of the worst displays of a power play I’ve ever seen and who got hurt as always the players in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Lakota's sure seem to be struggling. Are we starting to see the impact of DA soccer?

Cinci DA is too new to be of impact. The entire GMC is suffering because of one thing... The end of the McGinley era. The '99s were the last of them.

I know there are at least four Cincinnati kids on U16/17 team. One for sure on the U18 team. A few not playing to focus on college recruiting/development.

You are correct CDA is U15 so they would have to be fab freshman.

Cinci DA is too new to be of impact. The entire GMC is suffering because of one thing... The end of the McGinley era. The '99s were the last of them.

With all due respect, I’m sure he’s a quality coach and he’s known as a legend in England but to suggest that the quality of soccer in the GMC is a function of him not coaching any longer is crazy. I know a number of local kids that garnered all-state honors over the past couple years and they were not disciples of his coaching - kids that were ‘98 & ‘99. I think LW will turn their season around and will have a respectable record come the end of the year as they’ve got a lot of seniors.

With all due respect, I’m sure he’s a quality coach and he’s known as a legend in England but to suggest that the quality of soccer in the GMC is a function of him not coaching any longer is crazy. I know a number of local kids that garnered all-state honors over the past couple years and they were not disciples of his coaching - kids that were ‘98 & ‘99. I think LW will turn their season around and will have a respectable record come the end of the year as they’ve got a lot of seniors.

With all due respect. It was his work as DOC. Every age benefited and it was centered in the heart of the GMC. If you think the landscape hasn't changed, we can't agree. If you think it's the same club.... We shouldn't agree.

With all due respect. It was his work as DOC. Every age benefited and it was centered in the heart of the GMC. If you think the landscape hasn't changed, we can't agree. If you think it's the same club.... We shouldn't agree.

Of course the whole Cincinnati soccer world revolves around CUP....their people are the only ones that can develop players in this region? I can attest they are in fact not....come high school it’s the destination club but IMO most fundamentals are developed prior to 14 and lots of kid participate with other clubs prior to high school. I’m not disagreeing with your assessment but I’m thinking the causes are much more complex than one guy.

Of course the whole Cincinnati soccer world revolves around CUP....their people are the only ones that can develop players in this region? I can attest they are in fact not....come high school it’s the destination club but IMO most fundamentals are developed prior to 14 and lots of kid participate with other clubs prior to high school. I’m not disagreeing with your assessment but I’m thinking the causes are much more complex than one guy.

I'll give you that my statement casts a pretty wide net. I didn't mean to imply that NO training was available elsewhere, or that NO players could possibly have been developed elsewhere. I am however speaking to the prolific numbers that the old organization supplied over many years. It made the conference stronger in general. I feel that those days are passed now and to happgolucky's point, the CDA will begin to make a hole at the top end of the talent pool.

Also I had no idea so many area 15/16s were at Crew.... as I suspected, I'm getting old.

The other issue is no one school is capturing the lions share of players. (i.e. Summit, GMC schools) and I wonder if the high demands of U12-U14 is causing the number of kids participating in club soccer to drop. High school teams are built on keeping a couple of All-Stars- (top kids) and having a cast of capable MRL type players to support.

Last year for example Mason had three top level kids (D1 talent) not play. It impacts the team. Also, LW has a key player injured this season.

I wonder if the combination of depth and kids spread out has an impact or maybe it is just cyclical. Heck Moeller/Princeton used to dominate Football.