Schools Going against Local Health Board recommendations?

Said it before...if we live strictly based on the medical recommendations then life would look vastly different than it did 6 months ago.

Is football, as it stands, even recommended as a healthy activity with the risk of injury, concussion issues?

I believe one thing many have become too comfortable with is speaking in definite terms. We honestly don’t know a great deal about this virus and continue to learn more all the time. I’m not saying we stop attending school or athletic activities, but we have to realize some of our generalizations aren’t always true too. The key to everything is to work inside the safety guidelines while we attempt to live as normal as possible. But we have to also be willing and able to deviate and evolve when needed.

School Districts are still able to make their own decisions though. The board of health is simply giving what they recommend, guidance. It’s up to each school how they take that info and respond. I would think it does make it a little more difficult though to go against their recs though. Puts more liability on the schools by doing so.

For the record I'm not against starting the season - at all. It is definitely worth trying. But when I see DUMB*** takes like that or all the anti-Fauci, anti-science trumpt**d bs, I am less confident we will do all the things necessary to keep people safe (foremost) or complete a season w/out constant chaos, if at all. Ohio could be Florida if we let it.

I recommend everyone scroll their social media for a few minutes and ask yourselves why bars will be completly shut down this week. Full of pictures showing people out and posing for pictures with no masks. DeWine will most likely point that out this week. Another example of Ohians not being able to follow recommendations/mandates in order to get the economy, schools and sports rolling again.

I recommend everyone scroll their social media for a few minutes and ask yourselves why bars will be completly shut down this week. Full of pictures showing people out and posing for pictures with no masks. DeWine will most likely point that out this week. Another example of Ohians not being able to follow recommendations/mandates in order to get the economy, schools and sports rolling again.

As long as they are staying within their group that is okay. I doubt all are though which is unfortunate. Everyone needs to be more responsible to get this more under control.

Doesn't everyone realize that the health boards are likely taking the path of least risk rather than being entirely honest? I am not automatically accepting what they're saying at the moment as 100% proof of their convictions.

It's like the doctor who feels the teen athlete with an injured ankle can probably go without crutches and resume practice in one week, but tells the kid to use crutches for 10 days and no practice for three weeks.

Doesn't everyone realize that the health boards are likely taking the path of least risk rather than being entirely honest? I am not automatically accepting what they're saying at the moment as 100% proof of their convictions.

It's like the doctor who feels the teen athlete with an injured ankle can probably go without crutches and resume practice in one week, but tells the kid to use crutches for 10 days and no practice for three weeks.
That s the norm. Between my mom, sister and sister in law they have nearly 80 years of experience and they will tell you the exact same thing. They are always overly extremely cautious. 1. If they are too lenient an allow a patient to participate too soon, they have issues, so they recommend safeguards that are overkill

For the record I'm not against starting the season - at all. It is definitely worth trying. But when I see DUMB*** takes like that or all the anti-Fauci, anti-science trumpt**d bs, I am less confident we will do all the things necessary to keep people safe (foremost) or complete a season w/out constant chaos, if at all. Ohio could be Florida if we let it.
Ohio can't be Florida because we don't have hundreds of thousand congregating on beaches.

I'm guessing most districts will follow health dept guidelines if not all... especially if they get a letter from their insurance company

Hi this is Jake from State Farm. Come on man.
Already been reported that several districts have received letters from their insurance companies. I know people think COVID is a joke but the insurance companies think differently.

Fauci is a highly political democratic quack who's been a government admin for 50 years....................and I would note he throws a baseball like a girl, but that would be an insult to all girls everywhere.

As long as we aren't NY or NJ then ok.

Fauci is a highly political democratic quack who's been a government admin for 50 years....................and I would note he throws a baseball like a girl, but that would be an insult to all girls everywhere.

I wish there was a subcategory of covid cases and deaths due to trumpism. After a brilliant career Herman Cain's new legacy. "Died of Stupidity". That is a shame if you ask me, but, that's Darwinism.