Scholastic Play By Play Classic

James x2

I heard this was going to be at Euclid. Does anyone have the exact date,times,and the lineup of teams playing?

Cleveland Scholastic PBP Classic

Sunday, January 5, 2020

All day

Euclid High School (Euclid, OH)

9:00 AM Gilmour Academy - Glenville
10:45 AM Richmond Heights - Revere
12:30 PM Euclid - Garfield Heights
2:15 PM St. Vincent - St.Mary - Lorain
4:00 PM First Love Christian (PA) - St. Edward
5:45 PM Brush - Cleveland Heights
7:30 PM Shaker Heights - Rhodes

Thank you. Checked Euclids basketball twitter and could not find anything.This looks like a great day of basketball.

Euclid is a great gym for HS basketball. Would be a fun day of basketball.
A young woman who i found out later was the fire marshal was complaining to the security guards and people working the front entrance. "Too many people" Too many people" she must of been new to the basketball classics held at Euclid's gym.

A young woman who i found out later was the fire marshal was complaining to the security guards and people working the front entrance. "Too many people" Too many people" she must of been new to the basketball classics held at Euclid's gym.
I saw her walking continuously from side to side in a blue firemans turnout coat directing people to get out of the isles and find a seat somewhere.That crowd was as big as any district final ever seen in my times there.Hope they bring it back next year.Just add more concessions.A table for just pop and coffee.Those kids seem like they are there just to eat huge amts of junk food without ever watching the game.

Was VASJ not invited to play in this year's event because Coach Babe had a hand in getting Tournament Director Vance Marbury fired? Don't they usually play in this and since it was right next door it would've been nice to see them in it.

Was VASJ not invited to play in this year's event because Coach Babe had a hand in getting Tournament Director Vance Marbury fired? Don't they usually play in this and since it was right next door it would've been nice to see them in it.
I asked why VASJ wasn't in this showcase as well.They don't have the guns to run with most of those teams that played at Euclid.Maybe that.Maybe because they just played in Missouri.Marbury ran the tournament but did he pick the teams? This had been set up for awile.The older guy who posed at mid-court with the MVP'S was the one who put on the Play-By -Play classic.