Scholarships and Commitments

I think he would be great in Wisconsin's offense. after last year, he wouldn't know what to do with that offensive line. Good education too.

Chase Wolf makes it official

Class of 2018

DE Blake Bacevich: verbal commitment to Cincinnati

DE Bobby Jefferson offers from Toledo and Ball State

QB Chase Wolf verbal commitment to Wisconsin

If Nathan Kappers had stayed in the program last fall as a junior there would have been 4 D1 QBs in the program at the same time.

Mind Boggling

First offer for class of 2020 Paris Johnson got an offer from Rutgers
http://www.scout.com/player/217445-paris-johnson?s=194

Rutgers first to offer 6'7" Ohio freshman
Allen Trieu
ALLEN TRIEU
8:36 AM
Cincinnati (Ohio) St. Xavier's Paris Johnson Jr. is only a freshman, but has the size and ability to be a major prospect and he already has a Big Ten offer now as the first one came through on Wednesday.

Paris Johnson Jr. is a name recruiting fans may want to become familiar with. Johnson is only a pup, a freshman, who is just beginning his football journey, but his 6-foot-7, 260-pound frame and athleticism have already drawn attention from colleges.
On Wednesday, Rutgers extended an offer his way, becoming the first school to do so.
"It meant the world to me," Johnson said. "I am extremely honored to receive the opportunity to play with Rutgers."
He has not visited Rutgers yet, but based on his youth, does not plan to do so until the football season.
"I'm in the beginning stages of the process, I look forward to visiting in the fall," he said.
The same goes for college camps as Johnson will work with his team this summer.
"I plan to stay at home and focus on improving in my position group," he said. "To get ready for the fall, I am actively lifting, working on my speed and footwork, and look forward to watching film and working my technique with my teammates."

He was a gangly 220lb last season playing defensive end on the frosh blue team in what I believe was his first season of football.
Dad played at Louisville.
Nice to see him already at 260lb to do battle in the varsity trenches as a sophomore.
Per X coaching staff - athletic with great footwork, intelligent, coachable and nice kid who turns on the nasty when he steps on the field.
Going to be a 300lb blue chipper.

He was a gangly 220lb last season playing defensive end on the frosh blue team in what I believe was his first season of football.
Dad played at Louisville.
Nice to see him already at 260lb to do battle in the varsity trenches as a sophomore.
Per X coaching staff - athletic with great footwork, intelligent, coachable and nice kid who turns on the nasty when he steps on the field.
Going to be a 300lb blue chipper.

Last year wasn't his first year of football, he played youth football in the west chester outlaws organization. He also played Jr high football. He is a good kid with lots of potential.

Last year wasn't his first year of football, he played youth football in the west chester outlaws organization. He also played Jr high football. He is a good kid with lots of potential.

The StX class of 2008 (seniors on the 2007 state championship team) had 5 Division 1 scholarship players and 14 players total go on to play college football.

D1: Darius Ashley RB - Louisville, Greg Scruggs DL - Louisville, Stephon Ball WR - Louisville, Fred Craig S/ LB - Stanford, Danny Milligan PK/WR - Cincinnati

Non D1: Evan Miller LB - Columbia, Ross Morand S - Columbia, John Hurley QB - Penn, Nick Schneider LB - Yale, Tim Bayer DB – Georgetown (DC), Gerry Reilly, DB – Georgetown (DC), Joe Richter, DL – Ohio Dominican, Andrew Carpenter, OL – Ohio Dominican, John Scheidler WR – Cornell

This class of 2020 who has Paris Johnson Jr. (possibly the first Bomber to be offered a D1 scholarship as a freshman) and 7 players who played JV as freshmen may approach the talent level in that 2008 class.

This class of 2020 who has Paris Johnson Jr. (possibly the first Bomber to be offered a D1 scholarship as a freshman) and 7 players who played JV as freshmen may approach the talent level in that 2008 class.

Paris Will end up playing anywhere he wants.
The freshman Ignatius (6' / 210) transfer I mentioned earlier has been contacted by a few D1 programs including Wisconsin and Oklahoma.

The freshman Ignatius (6' / 210) transfer I mentioned earlier has been contacted by a few D1 programs including Wisconsin and Oklahoma.

So that's the kid that's been living in Specht's basement since Christmas

This freshmen transfer must be a heck of a player if schools like Wisconsin and Oklahoma are contacting him. St X has had some great linebackers over the years but I am not sure any of them has drawn that type of interest, especially as a freshmen. It will be interesting to see what impact this young man has at St X.

This freshmen transfer must be a heck of a player if schools like Wisconsin and Oklahoma are contacting him. St X has had some great linebackers over the years but I am not sure any of them has drawn that type of interest, especially as a freshmen. It will be interesting to see what impact this young man has at St X.

I remember when Pete Carroll / USC offered David Sills (QB - Eastern Christian) as an eighth grader about seven years ago which everyone thought was insane. But in the past couple years these schools have really picked up the pace on freshman. So I wouldn't read too much in to it. More like coaches getting a foot in the door with kids who look the part. If the 10 or so really promising 2020 kids are power five material we'll find out over the next two seasons. But adding a big, strong kid to an already talented group is always nice.

I agree that coaches are getting a jump much earlier. I think sometimes kids and parents overstate the interest. For example a kid attends a schools camp, gets a generic follow up email and that turns into being recruited.

While it would be great for St X if they had ten kids in a class that were power five material, it is pretty unlikely. ReLoad posted a list of where past St X Bombers by class played football. I think some of the best Bomber teams like '05, '07 and even last year only had 2-3 players attending a Power 5 school. Some schools that recruit HS players, like IMG may have 10 in a class, but a school like St X won't come close to that number.

That does not preclude the team from being very successful however. St X success comes from talent, but also coaching and a team centered approach.

I agree that coaches are getting a jump much earlier. I think sometimes kids and parents overstate the interest. For example a kid attends a schools camp, gets a generic follow up email and that turns into being recruited.

While it would be great for St X if they had ten kids in a class that were power five material, it is pretty unlikely. ReLoad posted a list of where past St X Bombers by class played football. I think some of the best Bomber teams like '05, '07 and even last year only had 2-3 players attending a Power 5 school. Some schools that recruit HS players, like IMG may have 10 in a class, but a school like St X won't come close to that number.

That does not preclude the team from being very successful however. St X success comes from talent, but also coaching and a team centered approach.

I meant we'll see over the next two seasons who if any are power five material. St Edward's 2015 class put eight kids in to power five programs so it's possible although unlikely.
Camp mailers definitely should not be considered as being "contacted". More like a sales brochure to get you back the following summer. Be careful which parents you give that information to. Some parents don't take too kindly to having their vicarious dreams crushed.
If you're taken aside at a camp, pulled aside in school, contacted through your coach then you've been contacted. Which still means nothing but it's nice to have a coach snap your picture and take down information.

Cam Specht gets offer from Butler, also has interest from Holy Cross and Boston College (as kick returner) - reminds me of the 5'9" Scott Sollman returning kicks for Notre Dame

Class of 2018

DE Bobby Jefferson offers from Toledo and Ball State

WR/RB/KR Cam Specht offer from Butler

The Class of 2019 doesn't have nearly the amount of talent that the 2018 and 2020 classes have but would expect all the 3 year players (Kiessling, Mohn, Kreimer and Payne) to get offers.

Cam Specht got offered by butler. That's great news for him. His first offer

Unlike some players who are recruited due to measurables/potential, Cam is obviously someone recruited due to his performance on the field. A school like Butler (or others that recruit him) will know exactly what to expect because they have seen him perform on the field. Besides a tough, hard working player he strikes me as a kid who knows exactly where to be on the field at all times. Congratulations.

Class of 2018

DE Bobby Jefferson offers from Army, Toledo and Ball State

Class of 2019

LB Thomas Kiessling offer from Toledo

Class of 2020

OL Paris Johnson offer from Rutgers

Class of 2018

Class of 2019

Class of 2020

OL Paris Johnson offer from Rutgers

Paris also has offers from Cincinnati, Toledo, and Michigan State

Paris Johnson receives offer from Clemson

Class of 2018

Class of 2019

Class of 2020

OL Paris Johnson offer from Rutgers, Cincinnati, Toledo, Michigan State, Clemson

Paris Johnson receives offer from Clemson

Class of 2018

Class of 2019

Class of 2020

OL Paris Johnson offer from Rutgers, Cincinnati, Toledo, Michigan State, Clemson

Add Ohio State to the offers for Paris Johnson