SBC - LAKE Division

Comet

Go Truckers!
I would think Norwalk would be an easy choice heading into the fall but Columbian, Sandusky and Bellevue are threats

I really like where Coach Fox is taking the Trucker Program. I could be getting ahead of myself, but I think the next few years have the potential to be special seasons. For the record, this year returns 15 of 22 starters although I won't lie we lose some special Seniors. Last, don't sleep on Clyde. I would keep more an eye on Fliers than Bellevue.

I really like where Coach Fox is taking the Trucker Program. I could be getting ahead of myself, but I think the next few years have the potential to be special seasons. For the record, this year returns 15 of 22 starters although I won't lie we lose some special Seniors. Last, don't sleep on Clyde. I would keep more an eye on Fliers than Bellevue.

What a charmed life it is to be Todd Fox. Walks in the door to an OSU commit and two BGSU PWO’s. Some coaches won’t see that much talent in their entire careers.

Redskinfan04, it's not that simple, and actually, it's the way around. We don't get the brothers coming back to Norwalk and/or Haraway back out for Football had it been not been Fox as HC. Give him and the staff credit; they're changing the culture which includes playing fast, tough/physical football while embracing the Brotherhood concept.

In both media and coaches polls the Truckers are this years favorite. Clyde, TC and Sandusky appear to be the challengers. Good luck to all the teams.

Norwalk, Oak Harbor top picks in SBC

Norwalk and Oak Harbor were selected by coaches and media to rule their respective football divisions this fall in the Sandusky Bay Conference.

Both teams topped the coaches voting with 25 points and each had 45 points in the media poll at the 25th annual SBC coaches golf outing and media day at Green Hills Golf Course.

“We just want to keep working hard,” said Norwalk coach Todd Fox. “We’ve had a great offseason and we’re excited about the upcoming season, but we know we have a quality conference. Our goal is to make the SBC the best conference in the state of Ohio.”

Read more:

I really like Coach Fox' comment. It may not be the best, but very competitive as evidenced by last season. I loved the NOL, but many of the powers had weeks off due to lack of competition, and it generally showed come postseason.

I'm really interested to see how the sbc does in the playoffs. I think whoever wins this district has a good chance to play for a state title.

I really like Coach Fox' comment. It may not be the best, but very competitive as evidenced by last season. I loved the NOL, but many of the powers had weeks off due to lack of competition, and it generally showed come postseason.

That's an interesting way to spell Willard. ?

That's an interesting way to spell Willard. ?
I'll be honest, I was thinking more about schools who were leaving 10-20 years ago; Bucyrus, Galion, Upper Sandusky.
I'll admit I wasn't really in the know on the NOL back then.

Did Fostoria totally fall apart before or after they left?
Fostoria was in NOL from 03-10. Started weak, had some tough teams with Hyde Brothers and Munoz, then finished weak with 0-10 team in 10.

I thought both Norwalk and Olmsted Falls looked good at this evenings scrimmage at NHS.
That's about how I sum it up as well; they about mirrored each other. Both squads have solid football players, and are well-coached. If I had a slight disappointment, I didn't think Norwalk's passing game was as crisp as it should. However, I think that will eventually gets ironed in time. At this stage, reps and staying injury free is the name of the game.

Does anyone know the deal with 2 Clyde boys supposedly transferring/moving to Oak Harbor and then being denied eligibility x 2?

Thanks, but, that’s a bunch of meatheads babbling. I would like to know the truth. Maybe the OHSAA could publicly address it to clear it up and others could learn what actually happened so they can recognize future incidents.

Thanks, but, that’s a bunch of meatheads babbling. I would like to know the truth. Maybe the OHSAA could publicly address it to clear it up and others could learn what actually happened so they can recognize future incidents.
I can understand your viewpoint, but I think some have nailed it.

This week's games:

Ashland at Sandusky
Bellevue at Clear Fork
Start at Columbian
Vermilion at Perkins
Thurgood Marshall at Clyde
Norwalk at Edison

Another potential week to do well.

SBC Lake had a 5-1 week with lone loss courtesy of Bellevue blowing a 21-3 lead to Clear Fork. At any rate, 20-4 in non-conference action. I'll post Week 5 games soon.

Week 5 games

Ontario at Norwalk
Tiffin Columbian at Vermilion
Huron at Perkins
Toledo Start at Bellevue
Clyde at Dayton Belmont

Game of the Week: Sandusky at Mansfield Senior

Week 5 Finals

Mansfield Senior 21, Sandusky 14
Bellevue 48, Toledo Start 8
Columbian 42, Vermilion 0
Clyde 42, Dayton Belmont 17
Huron 35, Perkins 13
Norwalk 52, Ontario 7

4-2 for the week to finish non-conference portion at 24-6.

Standings

Columbian 5-0
Bellevue. 4-1
Clyde. 4-1
Norwalk. 4-1
Sandusky 4-1
Perkins. 3-2