Saul Phillips Fired

I would have to think that unless the buyout is a big problem or he thinks he's 1-2 good years away from getting a major conference job, then this is all Boals.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ohio has a glaring hole at center with one open scholarship. However, if Jeff Boals can pull Ben Roderick to Ohio, more power to the Bobcats.

I would have to think that unless the buyout is a big problem or he thinks he's 1-2 good years away from getting a major conference job, then this is all Boals.

Reportedly his buyout was only 50k at SB... I don’t know what buyouts typically run at smaller schools, but I assumed it would be higher. I’ve heard his contract at Ohio is right where Saul was at, with along with his ties to Ohio is going to make it difficult for him to be poached if he’s successful.

He noted in the press conference he’d be at the state tournament this weekend for recruiting... If he can sign at least one impact freshman and retain some of our better current players, there’s no reason this team can’t be competitive this year.

Reportedly his buyout was only 50k at SB... I don’t know what buyouts typically run at smaller schools, but I assumed it would be higher. I’ve heard his contract at Ohio is right where Saul was at, with along with his ties to Ohio is going to make it difficult for him to be poached if he’s successful.

He noted in the press conference he’d be at the state tournament this weekend for recruiting... If he can sign at least one impact freshman and retain some of our better current players, there’s no reason this team can’t be competitive this year.

That's tremendously less than I would have assumed.

He has to be recruiting Ben Roderick from Olentangy Liberty for this year's class. That kid's a stud, but seems to still be shifting through the recruiting game since he had a major injury last year. That dude would probably be an impact guy early on for a MAC school.

He seems to want to go to Ohio State really bad. I'm kind of surprised they haven't made a move yet. He seems to be this year's version of the Davenport kid from Moeller last year that was inexplicably committed to Wright State before deciding on prep school. I'm wondering if that happens here. This kid would be gold for a mid-major program.

That's tremendously less than I would have assumed.

He has to be recruiting Ben Roderick from Olentangy Liberty for this year's class. That kid's a stud, but seems to still be shifting through the recruiting game since he had a major injury last year. That dude would probably be an impact guy early on for a MAC school.

He seems to want to go to Ohio State really bad. I'm kind of surprised they haven't made a move yet. He seems to be this year's version of the Davenport kid from Moeller last year that was inexplicably committed to Wright State before deciding on prep school. I'm wondering if that happens here. This kid would be gold for a mid-major program.

It's good to see that Boals had been recruiting Roderick at SB. I'm hoping that OSU doesn't swoop in with a late offer and he ends up a Bobcat

Pretty solid chance the Ohio staff will be at the Olentangy vs SVSM state semi this Friday... In addition to Roderick, Lunden McDay the SVSM PG previously committed to Ohio. The pair of them would be a great start for Boals at Ohio.

Watched the D1 state semi double header and Roderick was very impressive. He single handedly kept Olentangy Liberty in the game until the end against SVSM, who probably had the next five best players on the floor at all times.

Lunden McDay looked like a mid-major guy to me. Roderick is high major all the way. It would be a huge coup for somebody like Ohio to sign him. I think that next year he's either at OSU or somewhere like Spire as a stop gap on the way to a Big Ten school.

Roderick and Morgan Stafford (Hartley) both on visits to Ohio this weekend. Boals had a tweet this morning seeming to indicate big/good news so hopefully those two are Bobcats!

All indications suggest that McDay is still firmly committed to Ohio. The three of them would be a great start for the Boals era.

Roderick and Morgan Stafford (Hartley) both on visits to Ohio this weekend. Boals had a tweet this morning seeming to indicate big/good news so hopefully those two are Bobcats!

All indications suggest that McDay is still firmly committed to Ohio. The three of them would be a great start for the Boals era.

Last year was probably the worst Ohio U team I’ve ever watched. Boals will have his work cut out for him

Marvin Price also visiting campus... offers from GT, Kansas State, GW, DePaul, Ok State among others... he announced on Twitter he is making decision tonight. Would be a huge get for Boals

Makes no sense why we didn’t get Holden from Wheelersburg. He was just as good as the Roderick kid without the injury problems

Didn’t Holden sign with Wright State last year? Not a lot Boals can do about that.

Marvin Price looks like the real deal. Averaged 23ppg and was player of the year in Baltimore. Team won state title. Hope he’s a Bobcat

Great start to this class. Need to make sure we have McDay, hopefully get Safford, get a young big (Meeks), and a grad transfer big would make a great first class.