Saturday/Sunday District

Personally I think it should be Sat and Sun. Not to hurt the chances of anyone that has religious issues to Sunday competition but just to keep the kids in school. Wasnt that the reason they changed the State Tournament schedule from Thurs-Sat to Fri-Sun was to keep kids in school an extra day? Or was i misunderstanding? If the point as for school attendance why not make all districts Sat/Sun and keep the kids in school that day? Also makes it easier on a lot of parents with work and/or have other children that either have to miss school or miss watching their sibling.

That makes sense, but neither Waite or Fostoria were d3 and hosted. The pickup issue makes sense, but I think if that’s the issue find a new host.
Right, I agree. Hopefully they can figure something else out. Maybe give the kids an early dismissal or something. The new gym they have is awesome, not a bad seat in the house and a nice big video board. It would suck to lose it, if coaches aren’t happy about the Saturday Sunday tournament.

Personally I think it should be Sat and Sun. Not to hurt the chances of anyone that has religious issues to Sunday competition but just to keep the kids in school. Wasnt that the reason they changed the State Tournament schedule from Thurs-Sat to Fri-Sun was to keep kids in school an extra day? Or was i misunderstanding? If the point as for school attendance why not make all districts Sat/Sun and keep the kids in school that day? Also makes it easier on a lot of parents with work and/or have other children that either have to miss school or miss watching their sibling.
That was one of the reasons that we were given.
However, think about it. Is anyone who gets home from the tournament at 11 pm, midnight, or 1 am going to be in school on Monday? I would say that is highly unlikely so the excuse of not missing a day of school goes away very quickly.

That was one of the reasons that we were given.
However, think about it. Is anyone who gets home from the tournament at 11 pm, midnight, or 1 am going to be in school on Monday? I would say that is highly unlikely so the excuse of not missing a day of school goes away very quickly.

I don't completely disagree with that. However, you could bump the last session up a couple hours I would think. I dont know, pros and cons with everything.

I don't completely disagree with that. However, you could bump the last session up a couple hours I would think. I dont know, pros and cons with everything.
As things stand now, the day is very full already. I "think" the only way that could be done is if they eliminated the use of the platform for the championships matches. I guess it depends on what is more coveted. I will tell you that being up on the platform is cool for us so I would imagine the kids really love it.

Rossford does not want to let students out early on Friday to accommodate the parking issues that come from all of the buses and vehicles showing up on campus around 1:00.

In the mid-2000's, Delta declined the State Dual's invitation several times because their best wrestler would not wrestle on Sundays. I think at the time they may have even been hosted 10 minutes away at Evergreen High School.