Saturday Regional Finals

Empty CUP

Some good matchups again after last night. And not sure when the last time 2 of the 3 State number 1's lost on the same day in the playoffs. I can't remember it ever happening and even more ironically both lost to last years State Champions. No shame in that but it's gotta sting just a little.

Recap of what's left of big 9 conferences.

SWBL - 2
GMC - 1
CHL - 1
MVC - 1
GWOC - 1
SWOC - 0
GCL co-ed - 0
ECC - 0
GGCL - 0

D2
Monroe/Oakwood - Monroe 3-0

D1
Lakota West/Centerville - Lakota 3-1

D3
CCD/ Mariemont - Mariemont 2-1

D3
CCD/ Mariemont - Mariemont 2-1

I hope Mariemont wins but I have not seen Mariemont play this season but I have seen CCD. I am curious as to why you think Mariemont will win? Number 12 "Jade" is very strong and dangerous up top and I have heard Mariemonts Center back is a beast but would love to hear your thoughts that support your beliefs.

Just realized Lakota has 3 loses, to MND, Mason and Loveland and they are all out....Damn that KD Kid....lol

I hope Mariemont wins but I have not seen Mariemont play this season but I have seen CCD. I am curious as to why you think Mariemont will win? Number 12 "Jade" is very strong and dangerous up top and I have heard Mariemonts Center back is a beast but would love to hear your thoughts that support your beliefs.

They tied earlier in the year. Just feel like after watching Mariemont play both Turpin and Indian Hill they have the advantage. CCD won't get the same chances they got against Waynesville last night. Their D is much better and stronger in the midfield. Both teams are well coached so it'll come down to the individual advantages. I give that to Mariemont. I've been wrong before. But I just have that feeling.

What is everyone’s prediction for all the state wide regional finals this Saturday?

D1:
Strongsville vs Hoban
Avon vs Anthony Wayne
Lewis Center Olentangy vs Bishop Watterson
Lakota West vs Centerville

D2:
Revere vs Rocky River
St Mary’s Memorial vs Mansfield Madison
Granville vs Dover
Monroe vs Dayton Oakwood

D3:
Kirtland vs South Range
Liberty-Benton vs Pemberville Eastwood
Lynchburg-Clay vs Columbus Academy
Cin Mariemont vs Cin Country Day

What is everyone’s prediction for all the state wide regional finals this Saturday?

D1:
Strongsville vs Hoban

This is the best D1 game of the day, IMHO. The winner of this game should be the favorite to win the state title. Szijarto can score some goals but the lady mustangs will keep her contained. Strongsville, 2-1.

I don't know enough about the other games to make predictions.

D1:
Strongsville vs Hoban 3-2
Avon vs Anthony Wayne 2-0
Lewis Center Olentangy
vs Bishop Watterson 2-1
Lakota West
vs Centerville 2-1

D2:
Revere vs Rocky River 1-0
St Mary’s Memorial vs Mansfield Madison 2-1
Granville
vs Dover 3-1
Monroe
vs Dayton Oakwood 2-1

D3:
Kirtland vs South Range 2-0
Liberty-Benton
vs Pemberville Eastwood 2-0
Lynchburg-Clay
vs Columbus Academy 2-1
Cin Mariemont vs Cin Country Day 2-1

Can anybody here write a summation of the WEST/MND game. The first game was so lopsided. Did Brigit make some major adjustment or did one team play a lot better than the other> I am just curious ad to what happened because I d for one did not think West was going to win. Thanks

They tied earlier in the year. Just feel like after watching Mariemont play both Turpin and Indian Hill they have the advantage. CCD won't get the same chances they got against Waynesville last night. Their D is much better and stronger in the midfield. Both teams are well coached so it'll come down to the individual advantages. I give that to Mariemont. I've been wrong before. But I just have that feeling.
Mariemont CB #3 was an All-American last year, CHL player of the year this year, should be a great match up against CCD's #12. I do feel after watching both teams play that the difference maker will be #19 for Mariemont in the midfield. She is one of the fastest players with the ball that I have seen, she blew by midfielders and defenders against Madeira and was the biggest impact player I saw in that game. If CCD can keep 19 in check they will pull out the win, CCD's GK is the better keeper and will keep them in the game. Two great coaches going against each other for the second time this year, they played each other the first or second game of the year. Both teams have made adjustments and I really think it will come down to which team controls the ball and takes advantage of what will be limited chances. Should be a good game and I would guess the winner would become the favorite to win state.

Can anybody here write a summation of the WEST/MND game. The first game was so lopsided. Did Brigit make some major adjustment or did one team play a lot better than the other> I am just curious ad to what happened because I d for one did not think West was going to win. Thanks

Pretty simple.... You're not going to blow out West 2x in a row when West has Jones and KD, the 2 best players in the state on the same team. My guess is the first game MND got up 2-0 or 3-0 and West just quit. Not going to happen a 2nd time. KD alone will win you games and a championship.

BASESWIMPARENT

One team had KD and the other team didn’t. MND created more chances and didn’t finish. MND won the possession battle 60/40 maybe 65/35. MND is a better team and wins more often than not against West. One goal KD dribbled through 4 people literally 4 people and scored. Another goal she dribbled through 3 people literally 3 people and scored. Another goal was assisted from a free kick about 35 out and she flicks it in goal with her head. I can’t say that these goals were a product of West showing up and the coach figuring something out. I can’t say that these goals were a product of West supporting cast. Everyone in the building knew who to stop and no one in the building could stop her. I can only say that one team had KD and the other team didn’t.

Not here for that. They're both great players. KD is probably the best high school athlete in the state across all sports and divisions. But I think it's a bit hyperbolic to claim SJ's second best in the state. She might not be second best in the city across all divisions.
Fair . Hard to compare. Not many players can say they’ve played on the youth national team though.

Watched SJ on TV last January on ESPN. She was playing against the 17U Spanish National Team. How many other players in Ohio were on that team? Don't tell me MND outplayed West. The did not stop the best player in the State. They did not stop the second or third best player in the State either. And if she wasn't killing it in the SEC right now, the chances of MND scoring any goals against West would have been a lot smaller, Give West, their players and coaches, the credit they deserve. If you think about it, most championships are won by teams with the best and most talent. Possession does not mean anything if you cannot put it in the back of the net and if the other team only possesses the ball for a 3 minutes but scores 3 goals... what does it matter if you have the ball for the rest of the time. Stop KD. Stop SJ and beat West. Goodness, I hate when people try to diminish the success of others after the fact. It is disingenuous at the very least.

Give West, their players and coaches, the credit they deserve.
Respectfully, I think that's what is happening - people are giving credit where it's due. It just so happens that the vast majority of that credit is owed to KD. And that doesn't detract from what the coaching staff has done or the other players' contributions. But I think it's absolutely fair to say that the most dominant soccer player in the state is the primary reason West is having the success they're having. That shouldn't be a controversial statement and shouldn't require anyone to qualify that with praise of the other players and the coaching staff. Do they deserve some credit? For sure, but not nearly the credit KD deserves. She is just that good.

I think it is hard for a TEAM to be as successful as West has been these last 2 years and say it is only due to one player. How many teams have you watched in any sport where one dominant player carries the team to a state championship. Heck, Lebron could not pull it off when he was in high school. And sometimes it is the coaches not taking advantage of the talent that they have. Last year, West had multiple girls could have gone D1 in soccer and chose not to in addition to the goalie, KD and SJ who all have participated in the National program. And Brigit clearly is a very respected coach (and as I have mentioned before I hope she stays awhile). I just think it is a backhanded complimented when one gives one player all the credit for the team's success. Here is to West or Centerville going up to win State in 2020.

GameDay!

West - 3-1
As mentioned above, one team has a certain player and the other team does not. That same team has another certain player and the other team still does not.

Monroe - 2-0
It’s hard beat a team three times in a season but it’s hard to pick against winning 8-0 combined.

CCD - 3-2 OT
Both teams are very well coached. To be the champ, you gotta beat the champ (2x state champs) and no one has seemed to figure out how. State championship could be decided today.

Good luck everyone!

GameDay!

West - 3-1
As mentioned above, one team has a certain player and the other team does not. That same team has another certain player and the other team still does not.

Monroe - 2-0
It’s hard beat a team three times in a season but it’s hard to pick against winning 8-0 combined.

CCD - 3-2 OT
Both teams are very well coached. To be the champ, you gotta beat the champ (2x state champs) and no one has seemed to figure out how. State championship could be decided today.

Good luck everyone!

Dead on! I could have written all that myself lol.

An attempt:

D1:
Strongsville vs Hoban
Avon vs Anthony Wayne
Lewis Center Olentangy vs Bishop Watterson
Lakota West
vs Centerville

D2:
Revere vs Rocky River
St Mary’s Memorial vs Mansfield Madison
Granville
vs Dover