• Moeller by 7 or less

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Moeller by 8-13

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Moeller by 14 or more

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the generous Men of Moeller for scheduling this game at one of my favorite venues to watch a game. Sadly, the X side won't look like it used to - basically filling most of the lower bowl on the East side of the field - but still expect a fairly decent crowd tonight.

BTW - given the GMC's recent scheduling decision (assuming it holds), IF the GCL goes to a double round robin format, how cool would it be if they formatted the schedule as three games being true rotating home games and the other three being three double headers at Nippert? I would be all in on that format.
I suspect one of the issues for twice a year format would be having to play a 3rd time possibly in the playoffs. Obviously not an issue with LaSalle bc they are D2, but the other 3 teams might not want that.

I suspect one of the issues for twice a year format would be having to play a 3rd time possibly in the playoffs. Obviously not an issue with LaSalle bc they are D2, but the other 3 teams might not want that.
It's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world. Look at the facts - all of the GCL teams are having as hard or harder time to fill their schedules with 7 games with any team that is willing to play them. This GMC decision is going to cost X at least 1 game a year (maybe 2) and this year both LaSalle and Moeller had a GMC game that could have been lost. I have always been opposed to the concept of a double round robin because I liked X's schedule and flexibility. But given some of the games X has had to play in recent years just to fill out its schedule, I am starting to warm up to the idea.

It's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world. Look at the facts - all of the GCL teams are having as hard or harder time to fill their schedules with 7 games with any team that is willing to play them. This GMC decision is going to cost X at least 1 game a year (maybe 2) and this year both LaSalle and Moeller had a GMC game that could have been lost. I have always been opposed to the concept of a double round robin because I liked X's schedule and flexibility. But given some of the games X has had to play in recent years just to fill out its schedule, I am starting to warm up to the idea.
GMC's loss is the GWOC's gain. Some schools up here would love a home-home with some GCL teams.

GMC's loss is the GWOC's gain. Some schools up here would love a home-home with some GCL teams.

GMC vs. GCL games are usually extremely well attended, generate excitement and is all around a great atmosphere, and makes both teams better for playing the game. With essentially every team making the playoff's, this makes this decision even more head scratching. The GCL schools would welcome GWOC opponents. I'll believe it when I see it.

The idea of GCLS-GWOC crossovers Weeks 1 and 2 is pretty exciting. Although, I still hope LS gets to play Colerain Week 1 most years as well.

it's not about Moeller for this one. It's about X. it's basically X and then everyone else in the STATE, not the league.

they will roll this game and every other game all the way to the state championship.

it's just not close this year.

it's not about Moeller for this one. It's about X. it's basically X and then everyone else in the STATE, not the league.

they will roll this game and every other game all the way to the state championship.

No doubt X is very good. But Eds is pretty good too, this year

Reactions: 4GX
GMC vs. GCL games are usually extremely well attended, generate excitement and is all around a great atmosphere, and makes both teams better for playing the game. With essentially every team making the playoff's, this makes this decision even more head scratching. The GCL schools would welcome GWOC opponents. I'll believe it when I see it.
I travelled home last month and was able to watch the Moeller - Lakota East game. The attendance was twice the seating capacity. There were 4-5 rows of people standing behind the fence all the way around the track. It was crazy.

Hope you’re correct but… many of us thought the same about Pick Central last year.

last two St. X touchdowns caused by multiple guys not getting off their blocks. Even if one of them got off their blocks the plays wouldn't have gone for much. Ugh.

There have been at least 8 pass interference no calls. The last one the ball had 10yrds to go when he was hit. WTF?
You don't think Moeller got enough pass interference calls in their favor in this game? We were waiting for a Moeller pass play when they did NOT call X for pass interference-- it was ridiculous-- every damn play, it seemed for a while... and then, when Klare got interfered with on a sideline route-- NO CALL. I think Moeller got their money's worth from the officials tonight.

You don't think Moeller got enough pass interference calls in their favor in this game? We were waiting for a Moeller pass play when they did NOT call X for pass interference-- it was ridiculous-- every damn play, it seemed for a while... and then, when Klare got interfered with on a sideline route-- NO CALL. I think Moeller got their money's worth from the officials tonight.
What are you smoking? I counted only one pass interference call against St. X. About a dozen holds not called either. Not that it was going to make a difference in the outcome of the game, but the officiating sucked and it mostly went against Moeller.

Officials were God-awful though. Missed calls all over the field, both ways.
If Moe can consistently get their speed the ball in space they will be tough to deal with, but the defense doesn't help them at all. Also, every time White comes in, he's getting the ball. It started getting too obvious, and that's why the interception was such an easy read. If Moe drives down and scores, it's a different game.

Reactions: 4GX
If Moe can consistently get their speed the ball in space they will be tough to deal with, but the defense doesn't help them at all. Also, every time White comes in, he's getting the ball. It started getting too obvious, and that's why the interception was such an easy read. If Moe drives down and scores, it's a different game.
Officiating was definitely below average, but can’t blame them. Moe D was porous again. Moe’s OC was awful. Did a horrible job getting the ball to his playmakers. Soph QB didn’t help with his decisions, but that’s Baptism by fire.
And going for a FG at the end of the half? Just stop.
Guess Moe will wait for basketball. “Best program in Ohio” as we heard all night over the PA. ?

X was better players 1-22 period. Moe has a couple dangerous playmakers and is a good team. Maybe Moe can compete/beat Lakota West right now. But X may have 15 D1 players on their team right now. Starting to feel like X and Eds with Springfield trying to stay relevant and everyone else looking for league championships only.

I, admittedly, know little about football.. That said, I think the game provided a good look at each team's strengthsand weaknesses. --- Moe has a better feel for what their challenges are on defense. And, hopefully, they recognize how much their speed at Wide Receiver and Running Back should be capitalized upon. ---- X had a peak at what might be a shortcoming on Defense, outside control.

It was a very enjoyable game to watch.

What are you smoking? I counted only one pass interference call against St. X. About a dozen holds not called either. Not that it was going to make a difference in the outcome of the game, but the officiating sucked and it mostly went against Moeller.
Then you didn't count right.

Agreed... but more annoying were the constant officiating huddles to talk something over, ad infinitum-- only to separate and then have to "reconvene" for another discussion, only moments later, BEFORE even another play had been run... Just decide, and get on with it.

It still felt like, in the first half, that if Moeller dropped back to pass, there were only going to be two outcomes: either X sacked the QB, or X got called for pass interference on the attempted pass... Did X's DBs suddenly start playing karate defense in the last week?-- I don't think so-- there was at least one of those calls (over by the Moeller sideline), where the ball was easily 5 yards under thrown, the X DB started to come back for the ball, as did the Moeller receiver, and I thought it could easily have been called that receiver initiated the contact with the DB first-- should have been a no-call, at best.

X was better players 1-22 period. Moe has a couple dangerous playmakers and is a good team. Maybe Moe can compete/beat Lakota West right now. But X may have 15 D1 players on their team right now. Starting to feel like X and Eds with Springfield trying to stay relevant and everyone else looking for league championships only.
I don't think Moeller's lone strength on offense (two fast receivers that X does not have the team speed to run with, in the open field) would translate very well to Lakota West-- that's something that LW can shut down, with the athletes that they have in the secondary. Conversely, LW's offense is so mediocre (with the QB that they have chosen) that I don't see LW putting up more than (maybe) 21 points against Moeller... It would be a competitive game-- but I'd bet on LW winning, say 17-7.

It's looking like we could see a St. Eds vs St Xavier state final in the future.
There's a saying about "counting chickens"-- I can totally see what you are seeing, but LW, Springfield, Medina, and maybe Ig and PC, will have a say in this-- and they're gonna try to mess up all the best-laid plans.

I, admittedly, know little about football.. That said, I think the game provided a good look at each team's strengthsand weaknesses. --- Moe has a better feel for what their challenges are on defense. And, hopefully, they recognize how much their speed at Wide Receiver and Running Back should be capitalized upon. ---- X had a peak at what might be a shortcoming on Defense, outside control.

It was a very enjoyable game to watch.
I'm not sure if that's as much of a weakness in the X D or a product of their scheme and the speed of Bryant and White for Moeller. There are very few teams that have that speed- maybe Springfield. Most of the time those plays just get strung out to the sideline or turned inside. Still a concern though, there were guys open on inside screens, and a couple of other plays that put X db's 1:1.

There's a saying about "counting chickens"-- I can totally see what you are seeing, but LW, Springfield, Medina, and maybe Ig and PC, will have a say in this-- and they're gonna try to mess up all the best-laid plans.
Agreed. I don't think anyone has seen Springfield's potential this year, they're receiver corps has been decimated by injuries. LW has to prove themselves on offense against a decent defense. Haven't seen Medina, but Allar is obviously a stud and a great QB can take a team a long way. Ignatius is better than they're letting on. X still matches up well with PC- from what I've seen they still can't throw.

There are some wildcards too- Marysville plays really good D, Wayne has a bunch of top end talent, Upper Arlington has potential, as does Centerville. Not sure if X gets challenged until Ignatius.

As many have said, X does not have any weakness. A great team would have to play a perfect game and hope X has an off night. Like one post said, this is more about X than Moeller. Specht is a great coach and Coverdale is an offensive genius. I do not know how Specht got him from Trinity, but the rich get richer. Not sure what is going on with Moeller’s starting qb, but X made the sophomore look like a sophomore. Moving ahead, Moeller has to a better job of getting the ball to their speedy playmakers (Bryant and White). Put them in motion, line them up in the backfield, etc. It feels like White is on some sort of pitch count. He is in for a play and then he comes out for several plays. Also, it seems like Marshall is on the sideline half the game. I understand they are platooning right now, but find a way to get your best players out there. They need to get Kattus more involved too. I don’t think he had a catch Friday. It will be interesting to see how Moe bounces back against LaSalle this week.

As many have said, X does not have any weakness. A great team would have to play a perfect game and hope X has an off night. Like one post said, this is more about X than Moeller. Specht is a great coach and Coverdale is an offensive genius. I do not know how Specht got him from Trinity, but the rich get richer. Not sure what is going on with Moeller’s starting qb, but X made the sophomore look like a sophomore. Moving ahead, Moeller has to a better job of getting the ball to their speedy playmakers (Bryant and White). Put them in motion, line them up in the backfield, etc. It feels like White is on some sort of pitch count. He is in for a play and then he comes out for several plays. Also, it seems like Marshall is on the sideline half the game. I understand they are platooning right now, but find a way to get your best players out there. They need to get Kattus more involved too. I don’t think he had a catch Friday. It will be interesting to see how Moe bounces back against LaSalle this week.
Kids at school are saying starting QB has mono or something. Not sure they know, nor do I know. Just know he’s sick and I hope he recovers soon. His health is more important than anything.
I think Kattus is playing through pain too. He wears a red jersey in practice. Not telling any secrets. The hype and media video Moe puts out each week show this. The only other players wearing red jerseys are the QBs. So who knows.
White definitely appears to be limited. And someone said it earlier, makes for no surprise when he’s in—ball is going to him. Odd bc he had a great track season without issues.
Finally, agree w Marshall not getting enough carries.