Ryan Braun NL MVP.

Hurri-Comet

Ryan Braun, center fielder for Milwaukee Brewers was named National league MVP today. The ex- Miami Hurricane had great stats, but are they unhappy in Dodger-Land? No matter, Braun just has had a stellar career so far, and came close the past two seasons. Kudos.

As I've stated before, I'm not a huge fan of giving the award to a player who did not take his team to the playoffs. Kemp and Braun had similar numbers, although Kemp did have SLIGHTLY better numbers with more home runs, steals, and RBI's than Braun (Braun had a higher BA than Kemp). I'm a bit shocked with Braun winning the award, but I don't disagree with it either.

Think Kemp deserved it more. Better numbers, way better defense in CF vs. Braun in left etc. Then when I looked into it more I saw that Kemp's season in CF was last done by a guy named Mickey Mantle....

If Felix Hernandez can win the Cy Young with a 13-12 record for a horrible team in Seattle, I don't see how Kemp couldn't get MVP.

EDIT: It also helps to have Prince Fielder to protect you in the lineup over the many different combos Kemp had behind him...

Last edited:
But Braun played in more meaningful games and was THE factor in many, especially in September. And he was a fine center fielder before.

And he has the trophy. :cool:

Braun is certainly a beast. I just don't really agree with the "your team has to be really good" mentality. I haven't seen numbers like Matt Kemp put up since the Roids era