Rumors about the SWBL expansion to 12 teams...

i may get called crazy for this but hear me out!

Big Division
Ross
Edgewood
Talawanda
Wilmington
West Carrollton
Franklin
Monroe
Bellbrook

Small Division
Clinton Massie
Waynesville
Carlisle
Madison
Oakwood
Brookville
Eaton
Valley View

would require poaching West Carrollton but that division may be hard to pass up for them. this makes one division all D2/3 and the other all D4/5. it could save the SWBL and eliminate any unwanted crossovers.
Before you add WC, you should just pick Mt healthy.

This thread has sort of gone all over the place. It appears adding to the smaller side of the league is very difficult, especially when considering the geography.

When it comes to Clinton Massie, have they actually been invited? I feel like they're the one school we all talk about, but I haven't heard that they've actually been considered by the league itself.

No gate, no Fresh and JV, don't field half the sports. On of the reasons most want out of the SWOC.
Idk if they don't have freshman and JV for the sports I didn't see that as a problem but as far as fielding enough sports I would agree. I think there better be a bigger plan for the SWBL because this move for Ross absolutely boggles my mind. They just sent out a Final Form email letting every parent know about the massive cuts coming. Why in the heck would they travel twice as far in some cases and have double the expenses for sports? If I was a parent I would be furious! Interested on everyones thoughts on this. Sorry if I'm late to the conversation.

No gate, no Fresh and JV, don't field half the sports. On of the reasons most want out of the SWOC.
Sad but true.

Plus, if you are truly considering the student athlete, most of the sports outside of football and boys/girls basketball end very badly for the players in terms of margin of defeat etc. Boys soccer did not score a single goal in conference play this past season, for example.

Idk if they don't have freshman and JV for the sports I didn't see that as a problem but as far as fielding enough sports I would agree. I think there better be a bigger plan for the SWBL because this move for Ross absolutely boggles my mind. They just sent out a Final Form email letting every parent know about the massive cuts coming. Why in the heck would they travel twice as far in some cases and have double the expenses for sports? If I was a parent I would be furious! Interested on everyones thoughts on this. Sorry if I'm late to the conversation.
As a Ross parent myself, the timing is definitely not ideal. Other than self preservation I am not sure what the main motivation was. Maybe Edgewood was set on going and Ross feared that would be the death knell of the SWOC and went along for self preservation. Another reality is many Ross teams would do well in conference (perhaps win the championship) then go on to lose in the first or second round of the playoffs. Maybe tougher competition would lead to more post-season success? Purely spit balling here.

It seems like a lot of the cuts and other maneuvers are coming out piecemeal from central office as perhaps a way to soften the blow. Popular rumor is a setup for another levy. For those not familiar, Ross has little business/industry so the taxes are pretty high for a homeowner.

My kids are in elementary school and I be lying if I said I am excited about the possible travel requirements-especially if the middle school teams will be playing the same schools. When the dust settles I think they will be a little less spread out but still not as compact as what they had.

The SWOC was the first conference in quite some time where Ross didn't travel as extensively for games-even less when Wilmington and Little Miami peeled off. In the old FAVC, their closest opponent was probably Norwood, then mainly Warren County schools. Wild to think they once played in a league with Mason.

As a Ross parent myself, the timing is definitely not ideal.

My kids are in elementary school and I be lying if I said I am excited about the possible travel requirements-especially if the middle school teams will be playing the same schools. When the dust settles I think they will be a little less spread out but still not as compact as what they had.

The SWOC was the first conference in quite some time where Ross didn't travel as extensively for games-even less when Wilmington and Little Miami peeled off. In the old FAVC, their closest opponent was probably Norwood, then mainly Warren County schools. Wild to think they once played in a league with Mason.
It seems like when the dust settles, This will be a Butler County division of the SWBL, Franklin is Butler county adjacent. Bellbrook is the one longer haul.
Crossovers will be longer travel, but those are probably infrequent.

It seems like when the dust settles, This will be a Butler County division of the SWBL, Franklin is Butler county adjacent. Bellbrook is the one longer haul.
Crossovers will be longer travel, but those are probably infrequent.
I agree.

This thread has sort of gone all over the place. It appears adding to the smaller side of the league is very difficult, especially when considering the geography.

When it comes to Clinton Massie, have they actually been invited? I feel like they're the one school we all talk about, but I haven't heard that they've actually been considered by the league itself.
Ex, Ross and Edgewood are official. Everything else speculation. Greeneview was invited but declined. Many feel Brookville and Madison will leave. Dayton Christian wanted in but was not accepted at this time. I have not heard any specific offers to CMassie or Wilmington, but the league sent queries to many schools but not necessarily invitations.

Ex, Ross and Edgewood are official. Everything else speculation. Greeneview was invited but declined. Many feel Brookville and Madison will leave. Dayton Christian wanted in but was not accepted at this time. I have not heard any specific offers to CMassie or Wilmington, but the league sent queries to many schools but not necessarily invitations.
Who is ex?

Seems as though the league is transitioning to a more "southwest" feel. Maybe even getting larger schools overall as well. I'm interesting in the small school side if they actually can add schools or if they continue to lose more of those smaller schools.

Seems as though the league is transitioning to a more "southwest" feel. Maybe even getting larger schools overall as well. I'm interesting in the small school side if they actually can add schools or if they continue to lose more of those smaller schools.
I agree. Just my guesses from here to the end of this post, but I think the mitigating factor may be that Bellbrook has been courted by other leagues and the SWBL does not want to lose them. Adding a D2 and D3 Football allows for the Eagles the potential to earn to earn more football computer points within league play. That is Why I think Wilmington (D3) and Talawanda (D2) keep popping up as possibilities, though Bellbrook to Oxford is a haul. As far as small side it concerned... It coulld get interesting... if MAdison leaves, you could have "North/South" with Oakwood, Valley View, Eaton, Waynesville, Brookville in one division, and Bellbrook, Franklin, Monroe , Edgewood , Ross in the other.. I know they prefer 2-6 team divisions but ..................One way or the other, it could get interesting.

Guess the question is how many of the smaller school side are going to leave also. Madison has been showing up at WOAC meetings they ain’t staying in the SWBL someone is going to invite them into a league. I’ve heard Brookville is now looking elsewhere as is Carlisle. Just not enough small schools to replace that.

Maybe my earlier guess of 5/7 split meaning Talawanda needing a partner are false. maybe they need Madison to leave, Then Talawanda joins and the league is 6/6.
With 6/6, crossovers would all be in weeks 4 and 5, and schools could opt out if they found other games.

Maybe my earlier guess of 5/7 split meaning Talawanda needing a partner are false. maybe they need Madison to leave, Then Talawanda joins and the league is 6/6.
With 6/6, crossovers would all be in weeks 4 and 5, and schools could opt out if they found other games.
Then the question becomes who leaves first, Brookville or Madison?

Guess the question is how many of the smaller school side are going to leave also. Madison has been showing up at WOAC meetings they ain’t staying in the SWBL someone is going to invite them into a league. I’ve heard Brookville is now looking elsewhere as is Carlisle. Just not enough small schools to replace that.
I was told that Madison & the WOAC are a lot closer to finalizing something than most realize. Where things get really cloudy is if this happens immediately, and Madison pays the fee to leave the SWBL early. That will be chaos for every AD in the WOAC to adjust schedules..... this could actually happen, though.

WOAC cannot possibly be going to 11 football-playing schools though. They either need 12, or lose one. Unless someone is going 8-man, they would have to bring in another.
this would make zero sense to me. The WOAC just started. Why mess with it before you really know what you have?

WOAC cannot possibly be going to 11 football-playing schools though. They either need 12, or lose one. Unless someone is going 8-man, they would have to bring in another.
this would make zero sense to me. The WOAC just started. Why mess with it before you really know what you have?
i agree. no chance Madison goes to the WOAC. i’d bet on Madison and Carlisle going to the MVC, if anything. Waynesville could go to the SBAAC. Brookville could go to the TRC. these are big IFS. a lot would have to happen

i agree. no chance Madison goes to the WOAC. i’d bet on Madison and Carlisle going to the MVC, if anything. Waynesville could go to the SBAAC. Brookville could go to the TRC. these are big IFS. a lot would have to happen
Madison to the WOAC makes sense ( I think Carlisle does too but no one else thinks the WOAC takes them), maybe they have a year or two where there is an odd number, then find a school they can agree on. Brookville to the TRC makes sense as well, the question is would Eaton go with them?

I think Madison, Brookville, Carlisle, Waynesville, Oakwood and Eaton Leave as start their own league. I am sure they could pick 2 more. DC is looking for a home and they would only need one more D4/D5 school. The more and more I think about it I am not sure if the WOAC or TRC adds 2 new teams that fast.

Madison to the WOAC makes sense to who?
To Madison? sure
To the WOAC, no!
Which WOAC schools want them in? Their league is fine. You think they would unbalance just out of the goodness of their hearts? The WOAC is a D6-7 league. They just kicked out the d5 schools from the CCC. They let Preble in, the only D5, and they won the league in the first year. You think those schools are excited to invite in another D5 and go to 11 teams making scheduling a nightmare?

Madison to the WOAC makes sense to who?
To Madison? sure
To the WOAC, no!
Which WOAC schools want them in? Their league is fine. You think they would unbalance just out of the goodness of their hearts? The WOAC is a D6-7 league. They just kicked out the d5 schools from the CCC. They let Preble in, the only D5, and they won the league in the first year. You think those schools are excited to invite in another D5 and go to 11 teams making scheduling a nightmare?
I don't know how many of those schools would fear playing Madison. You also have to worry about some of your smaller schools not fielding football teams some years. Then you're in a scheduling nightmare again with 9 teams. I think adding 2 schools would make the most sense but I think Madison fits well with that conference.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Madison ends up in the WOAC and I think Brookville ends up in the TRC. Not sure who else either conference would take but those two moves are being discussed heavily.