Rumor

So i guess you are speaking in code now... but my question is what's the difference between Fenwick and all other GCL or parochial schools.. all others recruit... that's what private schools do... that, I can guarantee you, if they didn't their sports programs would suck... for all of you on this post two things and we dont ever have to talk about this again... Coach Moss is a family man who believes in education first... his basketball acumen is greater than anyone on this list (I guarantee)... if not why didn't you apply for the job... also if you really want to know how he is off the court - go find ANY one of his former athletes... enough said ...Let's Go Coach Moss... Good luck and let the haters hate.....My name is Alfred Milton and I approve this message.....

Kudos Mr. Milton for standing behind your post. I used to post under a username years ago and decided a couple years back that i would no longer do so. Not suggesting i have not made mistakes in my posts since then, but at least I own them, as you do now.

Fenwick might have some diversity now in the school if he recruits some kids in from Middletown and Hamilton... Right now, Fenwick does not have the players to pick up tempo in regards to a city league or CJ style basketball. Imagine a slow 6'8 Braun having to press or run up and down the floor.

Fenwick might have some diversity now in the school if he recruits some kids in from Middletown and Hamilton... Right now, Fenwick does not have the players to pick up tempo in regards to a city league or CJ style basketball. Imagine a slow 6'8 Braun having to press or run up and down the floor.

Yeah well every coach, high school or college, says they want to play fast and press when they first get the job... unfortunately the teams you play against have something to say about that. I’m guessing in the GCL there won’t be a lot of up and down games.

Please Define Recuit

$ 11,000.00 per year currently. Are Athletic Scholarships available. Moeller North?

I have to ask again. Define what recruiters offer all of these athletes attending catholic schools?If $ 11 000.00 is the tuition cost @Fenwick, how much scholarship money can a recruit be given, & how many Scholarships for incoming freshman are available?

Last edited:
Best of luck to Coach Moss. The word transformational is now completely out there. Is it a rule that every new coach says they will play fast??

I have to ask again. Define what recruiters offer all of these athletes attending catholic schools?If $ 11 000.00 is the tuition cost @Fenwick, how much scholarship money can a recruit be given, & how many Scholarships for incoming freshman are available?

I believe “recruiters” giving an athlete scholarship money would be illegal based on athletics only.

Last edited:
Recruitment of athletes

T:shrug:hat is my understanding. Many have said catholic schools recruit athletes. So how much money is available, and who determines the amount? Does Athletic ability assure entrance? Can an incoming freshman get a free ride?

So i guess you are speaking in code now... but my question is what's the difference between Fenwick and all other GCL or parochial schools.. all others recruit... that's what private schools do... that, I can guarantee you, if they didn't their sports programs would suck... for all of you on this post two things and we dont ever have to talk about this again... Coach Moss is a family man who believes in education first... his basketball acumen is greater than anyone on this list (I guarantee)... if not why didn't you apply for the job... also if you really want to know how he is off the court - go find ANY one of his former athletes... enough said ...Let's Go Coach Moss... Good luck and let the haters hate.....My name is Alfred Milton and I approve this message.....

Fenwick does not recruit athletes. Fenwick does NOT have the money to give athletic scholarships. The school is still in debt from the move to the "new" site in 2004.

Then if this is in fact true, Coach Moss will coach the same unrecruited young men of the past 61 years under Rossi and Kreke. Some of the quotes indicate otherwise. I guess only time will tell.

T:shrug:hat is my understanding. Many have said catholic schools recruit athletes. So how much money is available, and who determines the amount? Does Athletic ability assure entrance? Can an incoming freshman get a free ride?

My understanding is that most or all of them have private funding available to provide for students who are desirable for one reason or another and that those funds can be used to pay part or all of the tuition necessary to attend the school. These are available to but not limited to athletes.

My understanding is that most or all of them have private funding available to provide for students who are desirable for one reason or another and that those funds can be used to pay part or all of the tuition necessary to attend the school. These are available to but not limited to athletes.

Fenwick gives 1,000 bucks at most to any individual student. All money given is based on need. To suggest that money is given based on athletic ability is simply inaccurate. Kids attend government schools free of charge. So who has the advantage?

Fenwick gives 1,000 bucks at most to any individual student. All money given is based on need. To suggest that money is given based on athletic ability is simply inaccurate. Kids attend government schools free of charge. So who has the advantage?

Private schools.

Thanks for the welcome. But my question was not answered.
Recruiting....excuse me. Private schools only speak with those in high academic standing and do not care about what type of athlete they are. It’s all about academics at private schools haha

yelling at kids is one thing long as no one is cussing at them or stuff like that. schools wont tolerate abusive language so thats good.

Any student-athlete given money from a non-relative for sports that begins after 6th grade can be ruled ineligible for all NCAA sports.
There aren't many talented athletes dumb enough to risk NCAA eligibility by taking athletic money for high school.

Any student-athlete given money from a non-relative for sports that begins after 6th grade can be ruled ineligible for all NCAA sports.
There aren't many talented athletes dumb enough to risk NCAA eligibility by taking athletic money for high school.

There's "giving money" and there's tuition reduction. They yield the same result. Minimal tuition paid for some students/athletes.

Spend time with some GOOD 8th graders(parents) every year...and you'll know which schools offer half tuition, or even 1/3 tuition...and some schools offer very little help to the same great athletes. the archdiocese schools all use the same financial aid applications and standards. the numbers from school to school shouldn't be that different unless there was another consideration.

Recruiting....excuse me. Private schools only speak with those in high academic standing and do not care about what type of athlete they are. It’s all about academics at private schools haha

Sure athletics are important at a Catholic school, but discipline and academics are more important. Catholic schools generally require a dress code or a uniform--just on example among many of the discipline that is imposed. Although minor, students are not permitted to chew gum and prayer is not banned as it is the public school.

Academics are paramount in a Catholic school. Who would send their child to a school where tuition is 10K plus and have their child get poor/failing grades? Look at test scores--privates and Catholics score much higher. And if a teacher is ineffective in a private school they don't have the power of the union to protect them. Once a teacher is on a continuing contract in a public school, it is very costly and time-consuming to fire them.

Yes, there are the St. X's of the world(with big endowments), but most Catholic schools struggle to survive. In order to survive, the Catholic schools must deliver in the classroom, as well as providing a caring, disciplined, and "tough love" atmosphere.

Well since you obviously don't know much . . . the 6'8 Braun kid is doing exactly what you said he can't do for the #2 UAA 16u team in the country . . . C2K Elite

Sure athletics are important at a Catholic school, but discipline and academics are more important. Catholic schools generally require a dress code or a uniform--just on example among many of the discipline that is imposed. Although minor, students are not permitted to chew gum and prayer is not banned as it is the public school.

Academics are paramount in a Catholic school. Who would send their child to a school where tuition is 10K plus and have their child get poor/failing grades? Look at test scores--privates and Catholics score much higher. And if a teacher is ineffective in a private school they don't have the power of the union to protect them. Once a teacher is on a continuing contract in a public school, it is very costly and time-consuming to fire them.

Yes, there are the St. X's of the world(with big endowments), but most Catholic schools struggle to survive. In order to survive, the Catholic schools must deliver in the classroom, as well as providing a caring, disciplined, and "tough love" atmosphere.

So your saying public's can't discipline students, athletes, teachers, coaches, parents and anyone involved in the school the same as privates can, seems advantageous.
Privates also get to decide who they educate(entrance and admittance) and how they spend their money on education. By the way, when you only accept smart kids you'll probably do better on testing.
If sports weren't put on a higher pedistol than scholastics, in the privates,Moeller would have air conditioning for students and Elder would have valedictorian banners hanging in the Pit
Do you think private beaches are the same as public, private planes are the same as frontier, private communities are the same as outside their gates, private golf clubs are nicer than public?
I'm a backer of private education, actually think that maybe it should all be private, but until then, why not have separate titles.?

Well since you obviously don't know much . . . the 6'8 Braun kid is doing exactly what you said he can't do for the #2 UAA 16u team in the country . . . C2K Elite

Really?! In 7 games 4.86 pts 3/7FT 2Blocks 3 ReB
Obviously you don’t have a clue.....