Rumor Federal League Players Transferring to St V.

I am certain that it is the right decision because there is a private family matter that I won’t get into on here. Trust me, it had to happen this way. He’s going home.

Heard also it is due to family situation. Lorain HS made it easy by hiring his dad last Fall to be on the staff, albeit the football team. Good luck to Seth, I wish him well.

Yep, StV landed another top recruit, it was down to Hoban and StV. No public schools were in the running? Hmmmm.

Sorry you’ve got bad info. A family matter causing them to relocate home to Lorain.

Was it a family matter that caused him to leave the Dru Joyce sponsored team? Family matter is what OHSAA needs to hear. On the team he was replace by Sencire Harris go figure

Excuse my ignorance but does he have to sit the 2nd half of the year?

He's a very nice player but the freshman label is a bit of a stretch (even though that's the grade he was in last year). Turning 17 in September...will be 20 when he enrolls in college.

I get that if you want to raise your profile in basketball why you'd go to St V. Don't plant innuendo about some community issues with your son as an excuse. Say what you think the 'community issue' is or just be honest that you think St V gives your kid a platform for greater exposure. Totally get that. I'm not saying I endorse it or like it, only that I understand it.

Some people are blessed with athletic talent. Some are blessed with academic talent. It is really rare to be blessed with both.

Good luck to this kid. Its probably been an uphill battle academically and the goal is to just finish high school even if it is a couple years late.

Why would he transfer? Won a state championship and played for another one in his first 2 years. Playing for a nationally recognized program with the schedule and exposure that all kids dream of.

Because not all of life's decisions are based on high school sports... From all accounts he was happy and successful at STVM, both on and off the court. All things being equal, my guess is he would have stayed. But the family issue (which is really no one's business) was not "a" factor in his decision; it was "the" factor. I'm sure it helps that he is going to join a top caliber team in Lorain. Good luck to him and I hope all works out well for him and his family.

Heard also it is due to family situation. Lorain HS made it easy by hiring his dad last Fall to be on the staff, albeit the football team. Good luck to Seth, I wish him well.

Seth would be one heckuva football player! That young man is as strong as anyone who will be playing Friday nights this Fall.

Seth would be one heckuva football player! That young man is as strong as anyone who will be playing Friday nights this Fall.

From what I heard here, Seth is planning to play football this season. Supposed to play wide receiver. Things may change when practices start though.

Care to change your tune now? And you thought he or his family were going to be loyal???:)

It's a weak willed move. Build something at Hoover or just be another guy at St V. Sad to see hes a follower rather than a leader. Probably won't be his last transfer.

And his dad smearing a community as cover is just embarrassing.

It's a weak willed move. Build something at Hoover or just be another guy at St V. Sad to see hes a follower rather than a leader. Probably won't be his last transfer.

Classy move to slam the kid.......

From the sounds of it he will be more than another guy at St V.

You talk about his Dad “smearing” but it’s ok for you to rip on the kid.

Classy move to slam the kid.......

From the sounds of it he will be more than another guy at St V.

You talk about his Dad “smearing” but it’s ok for you to rip on the kid.

I tell it like it is, you dont have to like it.

A leader finishes what they started. They dont turn their back on their teammates. Nothing classy about that. As I said he'll probably end up at another school before its over when he doesn't get what he wants out of St V.

I tell it like it is, you dont have to like it.

A leader finishes what they started. They dont turn their back on their teammates. Nothing classy about that. As I said he'll probably end up at another school before its over when he doesn't get what he wants out of St V.

Starting to see what the Dad was talking about......

Did you smear Max Stokey and his family as well when he transferred to Perry?

I'm against transfers for strictly athletic purposes...this isnt news.

Revolving door with coaches at Hoover. 3rd coach in the last 5/6 years?

Not a way to build a program. They’d probably hire Blackledge back if he said he wanted to come back and coach again.

If he and his family feel it is in his best interest to go to St. V then he should go to St. V. Considering I’m guessing you know minimal on the situation, you should probably stop making assumptions because it makes you look like a tool.

I actually agree with Y2H and definitely not always. This is not what HS sports should be about but? The fact that he'll be a 18 year old soph. is also ridiculous, what's next?

He's a very nice player but the freshman label is a bit of a stretch (even though that's the grade he was in last year). Turning 17 in September...will be 20 when he enrolls in college.

I get that if you want to raise your profile in basketball why you'd go to St V. Don't plant innuendo about some community issues with your son as an excuse. Say what you think the 'community issue' is or just be honest that you think St V gives your kid a platform for greater exposure. Totally get that. I'm not saying I endorse it or like it, only that I understand it.

I actually agree with Y2H and definitely not always. This is not what HS sports should be about but? The fact that he'll be a 18 year old soph. is also ridiculous, what's next?

He won’t be an 18 year old sophomore. Funny how you and others had no problem with his age when he was at NC.

What's going on in the Federal League?
N.C. - S. Harris out to St. V.
Glenoak - J. Harris out to Richmond Heights
Jackson - A. Williams out to McKinley
Jackson - H. Geissinger in from St. Thomas
Green - T. Martin out to Cleveland Heights
McKinley - A. Williams in from Jackson

Others??

I know little about the transfer rule, but could the Father's statements be a smokescreen to make this a "bona fide transfer"? I'm only speculating as I don't know the young man or his situation. That being said, Hoover's team last year and returnees were much improved and will still be very competitive this coming year.

Its nonsense. Hed get the same college offers playing at Hoover as St V. Tired of this myth that you have to play at certain schools for exposure. Its 2019, you are exposed everywhere.

Smearing the community on the way out the door as justification is weak.

What's going on in the Federal League?
N.C. - S. Harris out to St. V.
Glenoak - J. Harris out to Richmond Heights
Jackson - A. Williams out to McKinley
Jackson - H. Geissinger in from St. Thomas
Green - T. Martin out to Cleveland Heights
McKinley - A. Williams in from Jackson

Others??

Confirmed?

Its nonsense. Hed get the same college offers playing at Hoover as St V. Tired of this myth that you have to play at certain schools for exposure. Its 2019, you are exposed everywhere.

Smearing the community on the way out the door as justification is weak.

Disagree. Certain teams have reputations for talent and a history of playing in the state tournament where competition is better and more eyes are on you. You can deny all you want but the schedule teams like St V plays gives coaches more opportunities to evaluate talent against top competition. Of course you have to be on the floor to make that happen...

Agree on the smear the community part however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a weak willed move. Build something at Hoover or just be another guy at St V. Sad to see hes a follower rather than a leader. Probably won't be his last transfer. And his dad smearing a community as cover is just embarrassing.

I told you in January he was leaving for greener pastures. No need to bash the kid and his family. Hoover has earned their reputation.