Rumor Federal League Players Transferring to St V.

WhatsupDoc

Heard this morning that some players are Transferring from a couple of different schools. But I doubt it's true. Whey would they want to sit out half the year and not play in tournament.

Good Luck All

Also big rumor Seth Wilson transferring from st. Vincent to Lorain High School

That's been a persistent rumor for some time. While I hope he stays, if he does choose to transfer I hope it is to Lorain rather than the prep school route.

Also big rumor Seth Wilson transferring from st. Vincent to Lorain High School

Is he the freshman that started this year? If so, talked to him and his dad not too long ago and they were in St V gear and talking about St V stuff... if they're leaving, they played it off well.

It says Federal League. Who is leaving the Federal League? I could care less about St. V St. M., but I want to know who is leaving the Federal League. It reads as though you know something but you say nothing and then its St. V. St. M. Either say something, Change the Title to just StV StM or ....

Just guessing but wouldn't be surprise if the kid from GlenOak (the freshmen) and or the kid from N. Canton went to St. V. But I thought Buchtel would be the new destination?

No one is leaving the federal league! Everyone is staying. Now Seth Wilson will be a Junior next year and him going back to Lorain is a big possibility.

Last edited:
Localfan,. I think you're partially right. Sounds like some high schools have contacted the OHSAA and looks like some Transfers aren't going to happen. But we will have to wait and see.

Contacted the OHSAA about what? There is nothing to this story.

If kids from the Federal league were going to transfer to ST V because it would have been because they felt like Maple Street would have been a better place to hone their skills and play against really good competition. By doing this it makes them better as a player and they get more exposure.

The schools that have good programs have athletes come to them. They don’t need to go find them.

A really good football and basketball player left ST V last year to go to McKinley. No whining or complaining from Maple St when that happened. The athlete felt the Bulldogs were a better fit for him and everyone wished him well.

If kids from the Federal league were going to transfer to ST V because it would have been because they felt like Maple Street would have been a better place to hone their skills and play against really good competition. By doing this it makes them better as a player and they get more exposure.

The schools that have good programs have athletes come to them. They don’t need to go find them.

A really good football and basketball player left ST V last year to go to McKinley. No whining or complaining from Maple St when that happened. The athlete felt the Bulldogs were a better fit for him and everyone wished him well.

Exactly! Kids transfer for various reasons. It is up to them and their parents to decide what is best for them.

Over the last several years the Irish have had players transfer from STVM to play key roles at Hoban, McKinley, Copley, Buchtel and Cuyahoga Falls to name a few. They made family decisions and for varied reasons decided another school offered a better fit or opportunity. I don't recall any Irish poster do anything other than to wish them the best; even the young man who went to Hoban! And now there is a rumor we could lose another player to Lorain. I hope he stays because he is an excellent player and, from what I hear, a fine young man. But if he and his family decide to transfer to Lorain, I will wish him well and will root for him and Lorain (unless we meet up in the tournament!).

Wasn't he from Canton?

STVM Transfers continue to exit the building and no one is transferring in to replace talent. Varsity Football numbers will be below 40. 4 time state champion Hoban will field over 80. With the new OHSAA transfer rules I don’t see any federal league player moving 25 miles north to sit. Bottom line it is imperative that Admissions does their job closing the deal their 8th grade year. The OHSAA Transfer rules were changed for this very reason. Those not understanding the rule should reference OHSAA.org

Are you seriously telling us the SVSM will have less than 40 varsity players or 40 total players in grades 9-12?

Are you seriously telling us the SVSM will have less than 40 varsity players or 40 total players in grades 9-12?

Yeah, something is definitely amiss in SVSM. Their boys track team, at least in the sprints has been the worst ive seen in years. Although ill give them, their girls team is doing really good. Football didn't even make the playoffs this year. Hoban is beating them at just about every sport save basketball and cross country. Hopefully the irish can get it fixed. But still, what is going on there?

No male Track sprinters in C-Bus cuz they all transferred. The same group that were the skilled position players on the Football team. No returning RB,WR,CB,S in The FB program. Return a 4 year starter QB and a couple O Lineman and a very talented front 7 on defense.

Why would he transfer? Won a state championship and played for another one in his first 2 years. Playing for a nationally recognized program with the schedule and exposure that all kids dream of.

Why would he transfer? Won a state championship and played for another one in his first 2 years. Playing for a nationally recognized program with the schedule and exposure that all kids dream of.

Family matter. Seth is a great kid and a tremendous talent. Made the right decision for his family.

Well with Seth leaving it might have opened the doors for the Harris kid from Hoover to transfer in. Seth left because his career isn’t taking off like his father planned :shrug:

Well with Seth leaving it might have opened the doors for the Harris kid from Hoover to transfer in. Seth left because his career isn’t taking off like his father planned :shrug:

Sorry you’ve got bad info. A family matter causing them to relocate home to Lorain.