Rumor Federal League Players Transferring to St V.

stating there is a "community" issue is a way of getting it out there for the state to see so when it comes up, you can claim that it was an issue so you dont have to sit out. Instead of having to come up with a fake address or fake new job for dad. its the new thing to do. Go public with it so then you look like you transferred because of an issue.

Revolving door with coaches at Hoover. 3rd coach in the last 5/6 years?

Not a way to build a program. They’d probably hire Blackledge back if he said he wanted to come back and coach again.

Hardly a revolving door, they had Monty there for a very long time, made a bad hire in Blackledge and now it seems the ship is right. How is that a revolving door?

Hardly a revolving door, they had Monty there for a very long time, made a bad hire in Blackledge and now it seems the ship is right. How is that a revolving door?

Never good for a program to have 3 coaches over. 5 or 6 year period. . It doesn’t matter what the reason is...even if the changes are for good reasons.

St V going through the same issue right now with their football team. On their 3rd coach in 5 years and it has hurt the program. Takes time to build it back up and you lose good kids and players along the way (either they leave or dont come).

Coach Bluey is a really good coach and hopefully he will right the ship.

Just the mentality of today's parents and kids, much easier to run to a winner than work to build one. This is the instant gratification generation and high school sports are not immune, haven't been for a while.

stating there is a "community" issue is a way of getting it out there for the state to see so when it comes up, you can claim that it was an issue so you dont have to sit out. Instead of having to come up with a fake address or fake new job for dad. its the new thing to do. Go public with it so then you look like you transferred because of an issue.

Got it. Thanks. Seems disingenuous but I’m sure the kid didn’t hatch that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only a fool with an agenda would call the Hoover basketball program over the last 15 years a revolving door of coaches.

Got it. Thanks. Seems disingenuous but I’m sure the kid didn’t hatch that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The box OHSAA finds itself in is that they have to create exceptions to deal with family circumstances. Unfortunately, by creating exceptions, you also tend to create room for people to take advantage of those exceptions. I am not saying that is what occurred here since I know nothing of the situation. But from an outsider's perspective, it sure looks that way. At the very best, its a bad look.

The box OHSAA finds itself in is that they have to create exceptions to deal with family circumstances. Unfortunately, by creating exceptions, you also tend to create room for people to take advantage of those exceptions. I am not saying that is what occurred here since I know nothing of the situation. But from an outsider's perspective, it sure looks that way. At the very best, its a bad look.

...a bad look that's magnified when the beneficiaries of the exceptions and movements seem to always be the same schools.

Good coaches just like just like good managers don't have issues attracting and retaining talent. There's greater visibility, more expectations and accountability coaches have to live up to. Too many politics, play the best player, be fair and honest.

Well with Seth leaving it might have opened the doors for the Harris kid from Hoover to transfer in. Seth left because his career isn’t taking off like his father planned :shrug:

Everyone has all the answers and blames the kids and parents but when Fox left GlenOak the rhetoric was a lot more congratulatory and spoke of the great opportunity and superior education. We can all read between the lines, some people are not to have choices, or to want or seek opportunity for their kids.

Everyone has all the answers and blames the kids and parents but when Fox left GlenOak the rhetoric was a lot more congratulatory and spoke of the great opportunity and superior education. We can all read between the lines, some people are not to have choices, or to want or seek opportunity for their kids.

Many @GlenOak were less than happy about it. Athletes who are good will be seen wherever they play. The issue is with team loyalty. Fans who pay to keep these programs going wonder why they should be loyal to teams full of kids who arent. This is a modern problem and an unnecessary one. It's a "me first" attitude in a team game that nobody likes or admires.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Is there anyway we can get a recount that will send STV and there two Nike 100 camp members back to D1?? Asking for a friend,

What's going on in the Federal League?
N.C. - S. Harris out to St. V.
Glenoak - J. Harris out to Richmond Heights
Jackson - A. Williams out to McKinley
Jackson - H. Geissinger in from St. Thomas
Green - T. Martin out to Cleveland Heights
McKinley - A. Williams in from Jackson

Others??

How did Harris from GlenOak choose Richmond Hts? I know they have a nice team coming back...but if he lives down here and drives up...that is a long way with morning rush and east side weather

How did Harris from GlenOak choose Richmond Hts? I know they have a nice team coming back...but if he lives down here and drives up...that is a long way with morning rush and east side weather

Good question. IMO both Harris's should've come to McKinley at least T. J's son but I'm a homer.

What's going on in the Federal League?
N.C. - S. Harris out to St. V.
Glenoak - J. Harris out to Richmond Heights
Jackson - A. Williams out to McKinley
Jackson - H. Geissinger in from St. Thomas
Green - T. Martin out to Cleveland Heights
McKinley - A. Williams in from Jackson

Others??

Is A.Williams from Jackson to McKinley a good player?

Martin is leaving Green??? That's a big move as well. I thought Green would be pretty good, but that's a big move.
Hoover lost another player to Northwest but I'm not 100% sure of his name. Good Luck all

Robinson from McKinley will not be playing basketball this year.The Canton Repository said he will graduate early in December so he can play spring football at Kent State.

I wish him good luck at Kent State.

The young man from Jackson will really help McKinley especially with Robinson and maybe Ross not playing this year

The young man from Jackson will really help McKinley especially with Robinson and maybe Ross not playing this year

I have to wonder why these guys come out for basketball at all if this is what their going to do in the end.

I have to wonder why these guys come out for basketball at all if this is what their going to do in the end.

Maybe because they enjoy playing both sports? Then as they get closer to graduating they find out that college football gives out a lot more scholarships and opportunity for free college than basketball. It’s a numbers game. And the name of the game is free college. Get the education for free.

Maybe because they enjoy playing both sports? Then as they get closer to graduating they find out that college football gives out a lot more scholarships and opportunity for free college than basketball. It’s a numbers game. And the name of the game is free college. Get the education for free.
Well I can’t blame the kids for that got do what you gotta do.