RPI Rankings for NWO Regionals

frame-by-frame, contact hidden by 3. I couldn't make a guess off that vid. Feel bad for Antwerp, was rooting for them but they had the same OT as New Breman and lost it 8-0. Have to say the better team went on by any measure, no?

I may be biased (probably am) but Antwerp was the better team. They got off to such a slow start that it felt like they were playing from behind the entire game even when they got the lead.
After seeing that, what a tough call. The NB did do a good job of selling it and Antwerp had their shot in OT like you said.
They call it March Madness for a reason. I was rooting for a CG and Antwerp rematch. Great season Archers!

Not overly surprised. New Bremen's league is absolutely brutal and they get the benefit of playing a dearth of tournament quality games throughout the year. It's why one of their league mates that went 8-14 this year is still alive in D3.

If I saw correctly, I believe they've played 10 games that were within five points either way. That's invaluable experience for moments like last night.

Not overly surprised. New Bremen's league is absolutely brutal and they get the benefit of playing a dearth of tournament quality games throughout the year. It's why one of their league mates that went 8-14 this year is still alive in D3.

If I saw correctly, I believe they've played 10 games that were within five points either way. That's invaluable experience for moments like last night.

This is why you never want to see a MAC team in the postseason in any sport.

I think last night proved that Findlay District was a little better than some people gave it credit for. Carey gave Grove everything they could handle.

It might be true that D1 hasn't had success against NE Ohio, but it is just the opposite in D2.
Defiance won a state title in 2016 (I think) beating Holy Name in the regionals. The year Wauseon was state runner-up (2017?) Holy Name was beaten by Elida in the regionals. Lexington beat Bay Village the following year to go to state. Columbus Beechcroft (or Brookhaven) was in that regional also with Wauseon the year Lexington went to state. Lima Shawnee got beat in a close game the following year by Columbus South. Columbus South got be in the state finals after leading the entire game.
D2 has faired extremely well against NE Ohio over the years in this regional. Let's hope Central Catholic can come out and play well. It sounds like they are really on a roll.
Shawnee lost by 17 to South. Norwalk competed well against South

Watched the Hoban - Buchtel game long highlights.

It's been a few seasons since our teams moved at that speed with success. Maybe I was fooled by a court level camera but passing, off ball movement... was what we haven't seen here in awhile. Livingston, Hoban could get around him but the kid generally reminded me of Nigel Hayes.

Looks like he dipped his shoulder which gets called a lot of times. The NB kids did play it up.
Couldn't disagree more. I'm not follower of either team, but I have seen them play. He doesn't dip his shoulder, he just pulls up for a jumper. It's a no call. Terrible call. I have been hearing about this, now seeing it. Is it the only reason they loss, no. Did help New Bremen win, absolutely.

Couldn't disagree more. I'm not follower of either team, but I have seen them play. He doesn't dip his shoulder, he just pulls up for a jumper. It's a no call. Terrible call. I have been hearing about this, now seeing it. Is it the only reason they loss, no. Did help New Bremen win, absolutely.

I was listening on the radio last night when this call occurred. The announcer and the color guy both said that he dipped his shoulder. But neither of them thought that it should have been called in this situation.

Archbold and OG is an immediate candidate for game of the year. Two outstanding teams exchanging big play after big play. Kameyer and Newman were huge for the Streaks, but OGs pressure finally caused havoc at the end of the game after Archbold handled it well until the 4th quarter.
Awesome season by the Streaks and looking forward to next year as they will be loaded!
Congrats to OG and best of luck in the regional finals. I would put OG as a sizeable favorite, but it's March Madness!

Archbold and OG is an immediate candidate for game of the year. Two outstanding teams exchanging big play after big play. Kameyer and Newman were huge for the Streaks, but OGs pressure finally caused havoc at the end of the game after Archbold handled it well until the 4th quarter.
Awesome season by the Streaks and looking forward to next year as they will be loaded!
Congrats to OG and best of luck in the regional finals. I would put OG as a sizeable favorite, but it's March Madness!
I agree. I watched the WOSN live broadcast. One of the best games I’ve seen in a long time. Both teams battled hard but the OG pressure and the big Nichols kid finally paid off in the final quarter. Congrats to Archbold and best of luck to OG.

Buchtel day! I'm slowly wondering if this game is just gonna be a repeat of Toledo Christian vs. Antwerp. If TCC can slow down the speed of Buchtel's offense and not crack under their defensive pressure, they just might have a chance. Praying for a good game.

Watched the Hoban - Buchtel game long highlights.

It's been a few seasons since our teams moved at that speed with success. Maybe I was fooled by a court level camera but passing, off ball movement... was what we haven't seen here in awhile. Livingston, Hoban could get around him but the kid generally reminded me of Nigel Hayes.
It was the camera level, the Griffs aren't that fast, tell TCC they got nothing to worry about, they should be able to go up tempo as much as they want.

It was the camera level, the Griffs aren't that fast, tell TCC they got nothing to worry about, they should be able to go up tempo as much as they want.

That's what I'd do. Make em run and score till they cramp, then make up the 25 points deficit (I'll give you time to google that word, you being a Howard grad and all................ .............................................................................................................. ) in the last two minutes.

That's what I'd do. Make em run and score till they cramp, then make up the 25 points deficit (I'll give you time to google that word, you being a Howard grad and all................ .............................................................................................................. ) in the last two minutes.
I think Buchtel saw your strategy and decided if they never get up by 25, TCC won't know when to start cutting into that deficit (or lead as we would say at Howard).

I think Buchtel saw your strategy and decided if they never get up by 25, TCC won't know when to start cutting into that deficit (or lead as we would say at Howard).

Zounds! Thwarted again!

Congrats. Griffs a nice team. So hows this work if Shelby wins their game? You guys pick them up as you pass town and car-pool that last 100 miles to Elida?

Zounds! Thwarted again!

Congrats. Griffs a nice team. So hows this work if Shelby wins their game? You guys pick them up as you pass town and car-pool that last 100 miles to Elida?

Looking at a map, that should work, and if Lima wins it looks they could walk and make it there in about 15 minutes.

64-56 OG. Much cleaner 2nd half other than foul shooting for OG and defensive rebounding on foul shots for Johnstown.

Gotta remember this is the same OG pressure defense that held Shawnee to 58 points...and George Mangas to 16 earlier this year. They played 10 guys in the first quarter and just wore Johnstown down as the game went on. If they hit a few FT's late this game would have been 15 plus

Gotta remember this is the same OG pressure defense that held Shawnee to 58 points...and George Mangas to 16 earlier this year. They played 10 guys in the first quarter and just wore Johnstown down as the game went on. If they hit a few FT's late this game would have been 15 plus

OG just gets it done. Love the style of play and confidence/freedom within the system that everyone who touches the floor plays with.

Lutheran East will pose a ton of problems for OG's press. They have 3 outstanding guards, a 6'8" post committed to Georgetown and a crazy athletic wing with an offer from Cleveland State. They will be a lot tougher than pressing a 6'2" offensive lineman as a primary ball handler ;).

I'll be rooting for OG since Lutheran East knocked my team out in the Final Four two years ago.

OG just gets it done. Love the style of play and confidence/freedom within the system that everyone who touches the floor plays with.

Lutheran East will pose a ton of problems for OG's press. They have 3 outstanding guards, a 6'8" post committed to Georgetown and a crazy athletic wing with an offer from Cleveland State. They will be a lot tougher than pressing a 6'2" offensive lineman as a primary ball handler ;).

I'll be rooting for OG since Lutheran East knocked my team out in the Final Four two years ago.
Agree. LE will pose problems but OG will be well coached and not intimidated. I expect that to be a good game. Call me crazy but I think OG will win a close one like they’ve done all tournament season.