RPI Rankings for NWO Regionals

Antwerp wins 23-20 on a Landers 3 at the buzzer.

Ottoville, Tiffin Calvert and Toledo Christian were eliminated tonight and all three will be better than many of the remaining 16 teams. Tough break, but we knew it would happen coming out of NW Ohio.

Antwerp wins 23-20 on a Landers 3 at the buzzer.

Ottoville, Tiffin Calvert and Toledo Christian were eliminated tonight and all three will be better than many of the remaining 16 teams. Tough break, but we knew it would happen coming out of NW Ohio.

I would have a tough time saying Calvert is better than Columbus Grove. Give them Grove's schedule and they may go .500. Not sure TC is better than them either. Grove's early season loss to Ottoville was when they were missing their top player. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the 'Dawgs get thru the Regional.

Another year....and Wayne Trace's weak regular season schedule bites them come tourney time.
Looks like Archbold will get another shot at the Titans - they just beat Stritch 59-56. I believe The Streaks got pounded in the regular season by O-G by more than 20 points - Odd as that game is typically closer... was someone out or hurt for Archbold?

Looks like Archbold will get another shot at the Titans - they just beat Stritch 59-56. I believe The Streaks got pounded in the regular season by O-G by more than 20 points - Odd as that game is typically closer... was someone out or hurt for Archbold?

Archbold was missing a starter....not sure which one

Inwa
I would have a tough time saying Calvert is better than Columbus Grove. Give them Grove's schedule and they may go .500. Not sure TC is better than them either. Grove's early season loss to Ottoville was when they were missing their top player. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the 'Dawgs get thru the Regional.

i wasn’t referring to Columbus Grove...I simply said “some” of the teams left

Great win for the Archers. What an exciting game despite the low score. Landers is very good. What kind of looks is he getting from the next level? A 6'7" player that can go inside and outside is a rarity.
I believe Archbold was missing 2 starters. Call me crazy, but I think that the Streaks can pull it off!!
Is there a better time of the year than March Madness?

Great win for the Archers. What an exciting game despite the low score. Landers is very good. What kind of looks is he getting from the next level? A 6'7" player that can go inside and outside is a rarity.
I believe Archbold was missing 2 starters. Call me crazy, but I think that the Streaks can pull it off!!
Is there a better time of the year than March Madness?
Streaks have overachieved all year...why not one more time???

Streaks have overachieved all year...why not one more time???
I don't think you give that team enough credit. I think they have excellent guards, Newman is playing awesome, and the Kaymeyer kid is playing well also. Thiebold is a really good athlete also. They can all shoot and drive. They play hard and are very talented. I think they have a chance to win that regional.
They had weird scores early in the year because they were hit very hard with Covid. They have been healthy for a while now and showing how good they can be.

Another year....and Wayne Trace's weak regular season schedule bites them come tourney time.

I disagree there. I mean aside from Miller City Jefferson and Continental, I could defend them putting the rest of the non league teams on their schedule. Bryan was awful this year but traditionally has size. Ottoville, Crestview, Grove, Lincolnview, Kalida are all very good teams. They beat Antwerp on the road, beat Crestview by 15, lost by one to Lincolnview and three to an admittedly not 100 percent CG.

OG was a bad matchup for them with their lack of size.Very few D3 teams in this area are going to have a schedule that matches OG, that wasn’t what killed WT today

what a game! Wonder do they still have the A&W in Antwerp. Used to stop there on the way to school.
They do. It’s not an A&W brand anymore but they still do all the root beer stand type of stuff. Thinking of a pizza burger right now....

I don't think you give that team enough credit. I think they have excellent guards, Newman is playing awesome, and the Kaymeyer kid is playing well also. Thiebold is a really good athlete also. They can all shoot and drive. They play hard and are very talented. I think they have a chance to win that regional.
They had weird scores early in the year because they were hit very hard with Covid. They have been healthy for a while now and showing how good they can be.
I am guessing you are from Archbold or a Bluestreak fan? Credit to them for making the Regional but this team is not one of Archbold's best.

They do. It’s not an A&W brand anymore but they still do all the root beer stand type of stuff. Thinking of a pizza burger right now....

Not A&W, shame. Not sure we even have one. Maybe I'll give it a try anyhow, next time through. Thanks for the info. Hadn't thought of that in years.

I disagree there. I mean aside from Miller City Jefferson and Continental, I could defend them putting the rest of the non league teams on their schedule. Bryan was awful this year but traditionally has size. Ottoville, Crestview, Grove, Lincolnview, Kalida are all very good teams. They beat Antwerp on the road, beat Crestview by 15, lost by one to Lincolnview and three to an admittedly not 100 percent CG.

OG was a bad matchup for them with their lack of size.Very few D3 teams in this area are going to have a schedule that matches OG, that wasn’t what killed WT today

This is the 2nd year in a row OG threw Wayne Trace into the wood chipper. Raiders need to go back to being D4

This is the 2nd year in a row OG threw Wayne Trace into the wood chipper. Raiders need to go back to being D4
And they should. WT has been down in recent years. They have a talented freshman/sophomore class as you can see in how young the varsity team was this year. OG loses a lot besides White so will be interested how they are these next couple years too.

I am guessing you are from Archbold or a Bluestreak fan? Credit to them for making the Regional but this team is not one of Archbold's best.
I would not disagree that this isn't one of their best teams. I will say also that the overall talent in the area seemed to be down this year. When Archbold is healthy, they are one of the most (if not the most) talented team in the area that I have seen. They are very solid at every position.
Comparing them to past Blue Streak teams they may not stack up. Comparing their talent to other teams in our area I think that they stack up very favorably. I would not put it past them to upset OG. I would also say that OG is down compared to past OG teams. This is not one of their most talented teams either. It should be a good game. I would put the winner of that game as the favorite in the regional finals.
Looking at their road to regionals, I thought that they had a great chance to make the regionals and here they are. I thought that they would be LC and Ottawa Hills. I thought they with their defense that they would also beat Cardinal Stritch. I really don't consider that an upset at all when you look at each team's schedule. :)

I do not know if it is fair to compare this years teams with years past? Covid has been a strange equalizer this year and it was a shame for O-G , Columbus Grove and Lima Shawnee last year as all 3 had great chances to win it all- IMO.. On Archbold -O-G - what starter was out in the regular season gamer at Archbold - unless they were a "big" I would give the nod to the Titans in this game as 20 points is a lot to ask?
On O-G being down =- I wouldn't hold your breath - not that they do not have issues with down classes - in talent as the classes around a down class fill in- but it is very rare to see not only the JV ( almost always just Freshman and Soph's) lose more than a couple of games as well as the Freshmen teams at O-G . Add in you have 3 Jr Highs feeding the Freshman teams and kids get extra time to develop which schools of their size do not enjoy the same luxury.
For anyone interested here is the first meeting this year in late December at Archbold :

Not saying that those aren't good teams.....but you can't expect to play a bunch of D4 teams then match up with a team like OG who's been thru the WBL schedule.....and also Lima Senior, Toledo St Francis, Rossford, Findlay, etc.

At a glance, it looks like the starting point guard Gomez and post player Kameyer were both out against OG. They both have gotten better and make Archbold much better.
I think that the Streaks can battle and even pull it off. I'll stick to my statement that the winner of this game would be the favorite in the regional finals.
In D3, Wayne Trace could have scheduled the Lakers and Celtics this year. They were not going to beat OG. OG was clearly the better and more talented team.
In D2, Central Catholic?? Cinderella story? Wow. What is happening there? Anyone have any insight?

Rossford had some foul issues with a key player but even without that, did anyone expext that to be anything but competitive? Fremont beat Tiffin handedly. I don't think there's any cinderella story here. Win the next one and fit the slipper regardless what happens after.

That's a long haul for Buchtel. How'd the heck they get shipped here and the labrons get to stay in the NE?

That's a long haul for Buchtel. How'd the heck they get shipped here and the labrons get to stay in the NE?
You’d think they’d spare NWO a couple scrubs for regional play ?. I thought that the 1 1/2 hour haul was “long” for TCC, then I saw Akron effectively has to haul across the state just to get to the 5:30 tip-off. Absolutely crazy.

Once TCC beat Rossford I kinda knew they were gonna beat Columbian IMO. Impressive wins considering how they were down two really important players (Jones and Greenlee), so you have to give them some props, but Chico Johnson has played out of his mind during these playoffs, and Bucky Bishop’s 15 points in the district championship weren’t too shabby also. Question is, how do they play against Buchtel?

Regardless of how they do this Thursday, that district title is definitely a confidence boost for the young program. They are going to be good the next 2-3 years

hmmm, no dont think so. The disparity too large. They could have been down the HC, the assistants, the water bottle kid and socks and still been favored heavily, no disrespect to Tiffin C. No cinderella slipper for that.

Not sure a slipper really appropriate. They're hardly starting from a position of disadvantage here. Presuming all playing for Buchtel, next game can be a confidence boost. They win, no slipper but they can have an all-expenses free trip to the regional final.

Rossford had some foul issues with a key player but even without that, did anyone expext that to be anything but competitive? Fremont beat Tiffin handedly. I don't think there's any cinderella story here. Win the next one and fit the slipper regardless what happens after.

Let's Go Griff's!!!

Wishing good luck to the Buchtel Griffins, safe travels and hoping they play smart and play hard!