RPI Rankings for NWO Regionals

D2: Buchtel - No one in the state can stop Livingston.
D3: Stritch - If Wilson is shooting good they’re hard to stop.
D4: TC - A good 1-2 punch that’s tough to stop for a smaller school.

D2: Buchtel - No one in the state can stop Livingston.
D3: Stritch - If Wilson is shooting good they’re hard to stop.
D4: TC - A good 1-2 punch that’s tough to stop for a smaller school.
D2: All I'll say is that Shawnee/Buchtel game is going to be great if that happens. Also, St. V has some say in that division too.
D3: Worthington Christian is my pick. I think OG beats Stritch in Regionals.
D4: Columbus Grove has the big 3 leading them and other size and playing extremely well. They're going to be a tough out.

S
D2: All I'll say is that Shawnee/Buchtel game is going to be great if that happens. Also, St. V has some say in that division too.
D3: Worthington Christian is my pick. I think OG beats Stritch in Regionals.
D4: Columbus Grove has the big 3 leading them and other size and playing extremely well. They're going to be a tough out.
St.V in on another level in D2 they are def the team to beat based on reg season resume and roster.

Exactly. Living in Wauseon and following the NWOAL I usually see Archbold a few times a year. This Archbold team in terms of basketball talent should be 10-10 at best. They have some good athletes but not any real basketball talent. I thought they would get beat handily by Wauseon for the league title but they wanted it more then the Indians.

At the same time I think Coach Badenhop has done a terrific job at Liberty Center. Basketball takes a back seat to football and wrestling in that town but he has really been able to get the kids to buy in to his program. They aren't the most talented basketball players but they are hard-nosed kids who play hard all the time. Good athletes as well that match up evenly with Archbold as evidenced by the two meetings this year.

I would agree that Coach Badenhop has done a great job this year and got the most out of his players. I would disagree on your assessment of Archbold. I thought that they had the most talent in the league by quite a bit from what I saw. They are just getting healthy in the 2nd half of the season and showing how good they really are. Newman, both Roths, and Gomez are really good. They can all shoot and drive. I also like the Kameyer kid inside. He has gotten better. LC and Wauseon had athletes. Wauseon has Penrod and Tester and other good athletes but not the scorers that Archbold has. I was hoping for a better end of the season out of Swanton and Evergreen but that happens in the tournament sometimes.
I think that the Toledo Christian and Antwerp game could be a great one. I'm looking forward to seeing that one.
I will take Archbold in D3 over Stritch in another good game. I think the Streaks are peaking at the right time.
I would love to see a Defiance vs. Wauseon district finals. I think that both of these teams have overachieved this season, and Defiance is going to be dangerous the next few years. I know Shawnee is excellent and it sounds like St. Marys is really good too. A Defiance vs. Wauseon final seems improbable but that's why they play the game.
This is a fun time of the year!! I wish I had stock in the streaming service that allows the average fan to watch so many games. It has been such a blessing during this crazy season.
Best of luck to all on the tournament trail!

Carey upsets Old Fort

Tiffin Calvert hits a last second 3 to beat Mohawk

Toledo Christian hits a 3 at the buzzer to beat Hicksville in OT

New Bremen upsets Minster

Toledo Christian buzzer beater, New Bremen buzzer beater, & Tiffin Calvert's gamewinner with 3 seconds left...D4 McDonald over in the Northeast Region hit a 3 at the buzzer to win last night as well. Did somebody say March???

Toledo Christian buzzer beater, New Bremen buzzer beater, & Tiffin Calvert's gamewinner with 3 seconds left...D4 McDonald over in the Northeast Region hit a 3 at the buzzer to win last night as well. Did somebody say March???
TC's Trevor Wensik hit a shot to send the game into OT along with the buzzer beater. Clutch energy from him last night. God I love March

Any refs on here, I asked about the CCHS T late in the second quarter to a college ref and a high school ref and neither were sure if the T was the correct call. CCHS takes the court after a TO and inbound the ball with only 4 players. About 6 seconds go off the clock and the player who was checked in runs onto the court and receives a T. Anybody got this??

Any refs on here, I asked about the CCHS T late in the second quarter to a college ref and a high school ref and neither were sure if the T was the correct call. CCHS takes the court after a TO and inbound the ball with only 4 players. About 6 seconds go off the clock and the player who was checked in runs onto the court and receives a T. Anybody got this??
Not a ref but don't believe you can enter the game unless "waved in" by a ref.

Were you at the game? I saw it happen in front of me and I'm guessing what CC Track Fan said was right. Even if you have less than five on the court, you still have to be waved/subbed in to the game by the ref.

That being said, even with the mistakes, I think the two tall twins played really well tonight. Even though their main basketball attribute is their height, they played some good defense and made some really good shots, especially the over-the-head layup off of Johnson's four point play! That whole sequence definitely helped them win the game. Their trouble with inbounding the ball, however, killed them and they got dangerously close to losing the game because of it. Love to see a young team like that downed by injuries, transfer rules, and age get a big win like that.

How is Tiffin Columbian? Even though TCC will probably get trounced by Shawnee, it'd be nice to see them win a district 'chip in what is basically a rebuilding year for them.

Were you at the game? I saw it happen in front of me and I'm guessing what CC Track Fan said was right. Even if you have less than five on the court, you still have to be waved/subbed in to the game by the ref.
Yes, I was at the game. Just spoke to my neighbor, a retired official. He put blame toward the officiating crew for putting the ball in play with only 9 on the court, he said from day 1 your taught to be sure there’s 10 before you resume play. Still would love the know exactly what the rule book says.

That being said, even with the mistakes, I think the two tall twins played really well tonight. Even though their main basketball attribute is their height, they played some good defense and made some really good shots, especially the over-the-head layup off of Johnson's four point play! That whole sequence definitely helped them win the game. Their trouble with inbounding the ball, however, killed them and they got dangerously close to losing the game because of it. Love to see a young team like that downed by injuries, transfer rules, and age get a big win like that.

How is Tiffin Columbian? Even though TCC will probably get trounced by Shawnee, it'd be nice to see them win a district 'chip in what is basically a rebuilding year for them.

No answer for Chico. Hard to contain ball screens when the ball handler can go either way, is tall and athletic enough to finish around the rim, and can shoot it if you go under the screen.

No answer for Chico. Hard to contain ball screens when the ball handler can go either way, is tall and athletic enough to finish around the rim, and can shoot it if you go under the screen.
Can't understand why Rossford didn't trap every ball screen to force the ball out of Chico's hands. Neither Lee is a threat from 17'

Can't understand why Rossford didn't trap every ball screen to force the ball out of Chico's hands. Neither Lee is a threat from 17'

I was watching on-line, but it looked to me like they kept trying to hedge with DeWese and Vorst and those guys just weren't quick enough. Plus, Chico was refusing the screen and able to beat his defender off the dribble without it. I did think Rossford should have sped the game up and tried to play in the 70s or 80s. They've been a streaky - put together a couple of 10-0 runs when the game gets helter-skelter - type of team all year. Maybe Central punishes the press and gets easy baskets all night. Hard to say.

On to baseball, so I won't rewatch, but maybe Floyd and Komives were smart not to use whoever Croom was guarding as the screener?

Rossford will be interesting next year. Gaston and Croom are big losses, but I think they'll be a better shooting team and probably legitimately 10 or 11 deep. Might be time to play like OG and press the whole game. I think the basketball IQ of the kids shows up better in an open game. Playing good, well-coached teams kind of takes away any advantage in being able to execute in the half-court.

As I said, Chico is a tough matchup with his handle and size. I didn't see the first game, but it sounded like Tiffin struggled with Sandusky's quickness in the first half.

On to baseball, so I won't rewatch, but maybe Floyd and Komives were smart not to use whoever Croom was guarding as the screener?
90% of the time that was the case, so it made sense that whoever was guarding the Lee who screened (either DeWiese or the other 6'8 kid) had to either switch and face someone much faster than him.

I'd also note that TCC also hit a lot of their shots, while Rossford couldn't a lot of them in early on in the game. Definitely changes the outcome of the game if the Bulldogs sunk those.

90% of the time that was the case, so it made sense that whoever was guarding the Lee who screened (either DeWiese or the other 6'8 kid) had to either switch and face someone much faster than him.

I'd also note that TCC also hit a lot of their shots, while Rossford couldn't a lot of them in early on in the game. Definitely changes the outcome of the game if the Bulldogs sunk those.

Yep. Tournament games always seem to hinge on who's making shots. Central did a good job of taking away the back cuts and not getting beat down the floor on runouts. Rossford probably scores 10 points a game on stuff like that.

Central played well.

Gaston sitting with foul trouble hurt Rossford.

I thought Rossford's issue was on the offensive end more so than the defensive end. Central took them out of what they like to do. They were not able to get out in transition, their shots were impacted at the rim on their back door cuts and Rossford's shot selection was really questionable at times. A lot of off balance shots, caught in the air with nothing to do but throw it up and some real ugly shots from 3. But that is basketball with 15-18 year old kids.

Rossford upped their schedule this season, but they need to take it up several more notches next year and Central isn't going away with how young they are. I wouldn't be surprised if Central doesn't go from worst to first in the TRAC next year. Rossford losing Gaston and Croom hurts, but they have a solid base returning with a couple kids with some upside. You know what you will get from the older Morrison, Borojevich x2 and DeWeese the key for them is the development/maturity of the younger Morrison/Vorst and finding at least one more guy to get to an 8 man rotation vs good teams.

****Edit - I must have been typing as Green Genes was posting.....or I just plagiarized real bad ;).

Central played well.

Gaston sitting with foul trouble hurt Rossford.

I thought Rossford's issue was on the offensive end more so than the defensive end. Central took them out of what they like to do. They were not able to get out in transition, their shots were impacted at the rim on their back door cuts and Rossford's shot selection was really questionable at times. A lot of off balance shots, caught in the air with nothing to do but throw it up and some real ugly shots from 3. But that is basketball with 15-18 year old kids.

Rossford upped their schedule this season, but they need to take it up several more notches next year and Central isn't going away with how young they are. I wouldn't be surprised if Central doesn't go from worst to first in the TRAC next year. Rossford losing Gaston and Croom hurts, but they have a solid base returning with a couple kids with some upside. You know what you will get from the older Morrison, Borojevich x2 and DeWeese the key for them is the development/maturity of the younger Morrison/Vorst and finding at least one more guy to get to an 8 man rotation vs good teams.

****Edit - I must have been typing as Green Genes was posting.....or I just plagiarized real bad ;).

I'm sure they're working on it.

I am not the guy whose homework you want to copy. Trust me.

Checkout page 34 of Ask The Ref under Boys Basketball, interesting facts....

No surprises in the D2 at Spencerville. Defiance battled Lima Shawnee but Shawnee was too good in the end. Shawnee is a very complete team. St. Marys good off to a great start against Wauseon. They shot it well from the outside. Wauseon battled and had it down to 5 or 7 in the 2nd half but couldn't get any closer. Wauseon just didn't have enough scorers. St. Marys could give Shawnee a test with their size and good guard play. However, I think Shawnee will win by 10+.

I was really looking forward to seeing Rossford vs. Shawnee. Congrats to Central Catholic on that win. It sounds like they are talented and maybe putting it together.

D3 and D4 not any major surprises although Hicksville about pulled it off.

I'll go with the Streaks and the Archers in those District Final matchups.

I love this time of the year along with the football playoffs. I'll pull for my local teams and am just thankful that we had a season at all!

No surprises in the D2 at Spencerville. Defiance battled Lima Shawnee but Shawnee was too good in the end. Shawnee is a very complete team. St. Marys good off to a great start against Wauseon. They shot it well from the outside. Wauseon battled and had it down to 5 or 7 in the 2nd half but couldn't get any closer. Wauseon just didn't have enough scorers. St. Marys could give Shawnee a test with their size and good guard play. However, I think Shawnee will win by 10+.

I was really looking forward to seeing Rossford vs. Shawnee. Congrats to Central Catholic on that win. It sounds like they are talented and maybe putting it together.

D3 and D4 not any major surprises although Hicksville about pulled it off.

I'll go with the Streaks and the Archers in those District Final matchups.

I love this time of the year along with the football playoffs. I'll pull for my local teams and am just thankful that we had a season at all!
It’s surprising that Central beat Rossford. I’m not sure Rossford could’ve got passed Buchtel to make it to the regional final.

What happened to Colonel Crawford against Willard??? Was 23-0 and lost by 22 pts. Have somebody out to injury? Or was it the fact the played a much weaker schedule compared to Willard and wasn't as good as what their #3 State Ranking said?

Willard played a bit tougher schedule which includes 6 opponents playing for District Titles this weekend. Also, some motivation losing to Crawford last season.

Flashes vs. Western Reserve, Saturday. Should
be a good one.

Last edited: