Round of 32: #9 St. Xavier at #1 Moeller

Not true. We know several families on the team and there were no special codes or presale. All tickets went on sale at 5PM on Monday.
If you don’t think each player and coach was allowed to request a specific number of tickets prior to them going on sale to the general public, I don’t know what to tell ya 🤷‍♂️

Those tickets sold out in minutes yet every player will have his family (and then some) in attendance on Friday…you think that is a coincidence?

If you don’t think each player and coach was allowed to request a specific number of tickets prior to them going on sale to the general public, I don’t know what to tell ya 🤷‍♂️

Those tickets sold out in minutes yet every player will have his family (and then some) in attendance on Friday…you think that is a coincidence?
I know families at both schools and they didn't have access to tickets until 5pm. I actually mentor a kid that has a brother at X and the player did not have a presale code.

I know families at both schools and they didn't have access to tickets until 5pm. I actually mentor a kid that has a brother at X and the player did not have a presale code.
When you are at the game and every single player has his entire family in attendance, ask yourself how this happened?

St I played both teams. I’d be curious as to your thoughts on the game. And I’m talking X’s and O’s, not the stadium, tickets, or parking. 😉

Ignatius lacked good qb play, although the X defense allowed him to have one of his best games. I was surprised with the X offense and how it was not as creative or effective as it has been against us in the past. we usually got excellent line play from them and efficient play calls, especially on third down. With Moeller, the line play ( which I have always thought to be the single most important aspect of team success) was dominant against us. I had expected Moeller to crush us, but our guys played better than I expected. However, Moe was able to control both lines and eventually win. Because I believe that the Crusaders are much better with the line play, it will take some very creative play and some excellent decisions from the X qb to win. I think it will be closer than people might think if they do this, but, just with line play, Moeller has to be considered the favorite and should win.

Maybe St. Xavier didn't do a good job of sharing the access code with every player's family?

When you are at the game and every single player has his entire family in attendance, ask yourself how this happened?
It's probably because parents banded together to make sure they all got taken care of. I know X parents were buying as many tickets as they could to make sure varsity families could get tickets. That doesn't sound like using a passcode, just working together. Eitherway its going to be a great atmosphere and good game. I think X eeks it out.

I scalped a ticket for $250 but not sure if I want to go.
I guess the worst case scenario might not be so bad......

Find closest parking spot on a street 2 miles from the stadium.
Near stadium birdog driving the firetruck runs over my foot while I'm in the crosswalk
Crippled, I hobble inside stadium but no place to sit.
Stand in end zone 3 deep unable to see the field
Train blows past stadium every 15 minutes like clock work blowing it’s horn.
I can’t get to the toilet in time cause the line is so long and I piss myself
Throughout the game, players for the evil empire take multiple cheap shots causing concussions and season ending injuries
Refs call 3x more penalties on X
Bombers lose on a last second bogus ruling
Players for the evil empire initiate a fight and there is no handshake for the 5th time in Moe's season
The stadium takes an hour to empty
During 30 minute walk to car it starts to rain hard
I forgot the umbrella
I can’t find my car.
Took photo of location and now car is gone.
As I am calling PD to report stolen vehicle a meth lab blows up 20 feet from the curb.
I catch fire and lose consciousness
I wake up in hospital bed with 90% of my toned body burned

How did things work with Elder?
To be honest, I'm not sure. I would assume many/all schools email the access code to their player's parents. No doubt schools might not have email addresses for every parent. Some people don't check their email every day. Things fall through the cracks. My post wasn't intended to be a shot at St. X--just a statement that the email might not have gotten to everyone who should have received it. I'm sure that happens everywhere.

It was a good win for Moeller. A couple really tough calls against StX in the 4th quarter that might of made the score 21-14.

Moeller is going to have to get better play from their QB to win the State Title.

But the biggest questions need to be asked, since they took up most of the discussion: Was there enough room at Shea Stadium? Did the players' parents get to see the game?

But the biggest questions need to be asked, since they took up most of the discussion: Was there enough room at Shea Stadium? Did the players' parents get to see the game?
There wasn't enough room. The facility is complete garbage. In addition to the terrible sitting the lighting on the field looked like something from a Junior High Field. Moeller moves on and it will be interesting to see where these Regional Semi Final games are played.

It was a good win for Moeller. A couple really tough calls against StX in the 4th quarter that might of made the score 21-14.

Moeller is going to have to get better play from their QB to win the State Title.
💯 And you are allowed to say that, but if I say it, I’m bashing a kid. A change should have been made weeks ago, but it was not. Jordan will take the team as far as he can.

Not bashing the kid. He is young and has great potential, but it will be tough for Moeller to beat the likes of West, Springfield, or Eds without better play from the QB position. Marshall can't do it by himself.

Not bashing the kid. He is young and has great potential, but it will be tough for Moeller to beat the likes of West, Springfield, or Eds without better play from the QB position. Marshall can't do it by himself.
I know you’re not. I was making a reference because I said something similar on the Moe thread and was bashed by own. Sorry for the confusion. See you guys next time around.

There wasn't enough room. The facility is complete garbage. In addition to the terrible sitting the lighting on the field looked like something from a Junior High Field. Moeller moves on and it will be interesting to see where these Regional Semi Final games are played.

That's too bad. At this point in the season, fans deserve to be able to attend games in a decent facility.

That's too bad. At this point in the season, fans deserve to be able to attend games in a decent facility.
I think your garbage take is pretty ridiculous. Was there and honestly wasn’t bad. Was it a little too small for the following of these 2 teams??, I’d say so but it was adequate. The lighting was fine…. The seating is typical of most high schools. This isn’ta college or pro facility. It seems to be fine with Moeller or they wouldn’t schedule games there I’d say. Doubt they would play at a garbage facility if you think about it logically. Sour grapes your team lost possibly?

No it is garbage. That was not a good atmosphere at all and the there were shadows on the field. Way too many people that had to stand and zero space for handicap and/or seniors. Yeah, it was garbage.

I think your garbage take is pretty ridiculous. Was there and honestly wasn’t bad. Was it a little too small for the following of these 2 teams??, I’d say so but it was adequate. The lighting was fine…. The seating is typical of most high schools. This isn’ta college or pro facility. It seems to be fine with Moeller or they wouldn’t schedule games there I’d say. Doubt they would play at a garbage facility if you think about it logically. Sour grapes your team lost possibly?
Pretty sure Tom 48 is a Cleveland guy, FWIW.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

No it is garbage. That was not a good atmosphere at all and the there were shadows on the field. Way too many people that had to stand and zero space for handicap and/or seniors. Yeah, it was garbage.
1667621283443.jpeg

This picture was sent from the railroad tracks across from the stadium and I don’t see any shadows?? I saw a couple people in wheelchairs that were sitting by the railing in the stands designated for handicap and I’ve never seen a field with seating just for seniors? Again, the place wasn’t state of the art or brand new by any means but was fine. Sorry your team lost?

Pretty sure Tom 48 is a Cleveland guy, FWIW.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I am, but I follow Cincinnati football, since we played both teams. Frankly, I couldn't care less where the game was played or what the score was. Many of the posts were about the small facility not being able to accommodate the crowd that was expected. I probably should have merely chalked it up to the annual GCL complaining about tournament sites. And, BTW, my team did win today.

The stadium was fine- prepaid for parking just across tracks and had a 5 minute walk but then zero traffic getting out of there since it was so dispersed unlike if you are at a school parking lot with thousands and sit in grid lock forever trying to get out. Concessions were great and organized, lines short at restrooms, lighting was fine. And not a single train blew. Oh…And Jordan Marshall is a total STUD

Before anyone starts complaining I’ll just leave this completely random snippet of the OHSAA rule book with no context

Attachments

• BF5E9171-2927-4E3E-A6CF-34F2326C2110.jpeg
    BF5E9171-2927-4E3E-A6CF-34F2326C2110.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 28