Rose Bowl doesn't want Ohio State

LCL

Tough times at Ohio State. Lose to Michigan. No conference title. No playoffs. President resigns without notice. Now the Rose Bowl doesn't even want you.

Tough times at Ohio State. Lose to Michigan. No conference title. No playoffs. President resigns without notice. Now the Rose Bowl doesn't even want you.
Be a bad decision imo. Ohio State fans support the Rose Bowl better than any other Team East of the if the Mississippi River! The local businesses in Pasadena I bet wouldn’t make as much $$$!

Be a bad decision imo. Ohio State fans support the Rose Bowl better than any other Team East of the if the Mississippi River! The local businesses in Pasadena I bet wouldn’t make as much $$$!
The story said Ohio State only sold 13,000 of its 20,000 allotted tickets for last year’s Rose Bowl. And realistically, it would be worse this year with even more fatigue of seeing Ohio State playing in that game.

(As an aside, I’d give the nod to Wisconsin for fanbase that travels best for the Rose Bowl.)

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I think the feeling is mutual, though OSU won't come out and say it.

Penn State would be a smart choice. Huge fan base, might even be bigger than Ohio State. Yep, tough times when you only win 11 games.

Probably good for both bowl and school. Back-to-back trips and 3rd trip in five years. Last year I think local COVID rules/regulations significantly dampened interest in making that trip to sunny southern California.

Penn State hasn't been to the Rose Bowl in six years and they have a huge fanbase.

Buckeyes will get better fan interest in making a shorter trip to play Clemson/UNC in the Orange Bowl. Everyone wins except Tennessee, who will get bumped from that spot to playing a G5 opponent in the Cotton Bowl.

I think the feeling is mutual, though OSU won't come out and say it.
It is definitely mutual. With the recent trips out west to AZ and CA, the fan base has kinda lost some interest in those trips. There is a great desire for the trip to Miami if there is no playoff trip for OSU. Big FL alumni base and plenty of Ohioans will fill the Orange Bowl.

I got a novel idea, how about the Next Year Starts Today Bowl? 'Bama v tOSU at the Music City Bowl, (Nashville party scene will help bring in the fans), with a gentlemen's agreement that no players projected to get drafted in the '23 NFL draft are eligible to play.
You would fill every seat and draw the biggest ever viewing numbers for that bowl’s history.

So realistically we're looking at something like this for the New Year's 6, barring no conference title upsets (I can't remember which Playoff pairings the Peach and Fiesta are hosting)

Peach Bowl (Playoff Semifinal)
#1 Georgia vs #4 USC

Fiesta Bowl (Playoff Semifinal)
#2 Michigan vs #3 TCU

Rose Bowl
Penn State vs Utah

Orange Bowl
Ohio State vs Clemson

Sugar Bowl
Alabama vs Kansas State

Cotton Bowl
LSU vs Tulane/UCF?

So realistically we're looking at something like this for the New Year's 6, barring no conference title upsets (I can't remember which Playoff pairings the Peach and Fiesta are hosting)

Peach Bowl (Playoff Semifinal)
#1 Georgia vs #4 USC

Fiesta Bowl (Playoff Semifinal)
#2 Michigan vs #3 TCU

Rose Bowl
Penn State vs Utah

Orange Bowl
Ohio State vs Clemson

Sugar Bowl
Alabama vs Kansas State

Cotton Bowl
LSU vs Tulane/UCF?
If USC beats Utah, Utah would be 9-4.
Washington is 10-2. Is there a reason Washington wouldn’t go to the Rose?