The Go-Go’s
Chaka Khan
Fela Kuti
LL Cool J
New York Dolls
Todd Rundgren
Dionne Warwick.

Tina Turner should be in by now...
Carol King is great at what she does but there is not a lot of what I would consider Rock and Roll in her work. Same with some of the rap artist...Getting a little too inclusive IMO...

Although not a huge fan of either I would say Iron Maiden, and Rage Against the Machine are deserving.

Who I think gets in>
Foo Fighters
Carole King
Tina Turner
LL Cool J
Todd Rundgren

Who should get in>
Foo Fighters
Carole King
Tina Turner
Iron Maiden
Todd Rundgren

Devo- certainly groundbreaking but not yet (if ever)
Jay-Z- not yet
Foo Fighters- maybe
Carole King- yep, even if you don't like her
Rage Against the Machine- wearing down the judges, denied in last two year
Tina Turner- yep
Mary J. Blige- maybe in time
Iron Maiden- yep, easy one
Kate Bush- who
The Go-Go’s- not before the Bangles
Chaka Khan- nope
Fela Kuti- who?
LL Cool J- huh uh
New York Dolls- no
Todd Rundgren- maybe
Dionne Warwick- Psychic Friends Network says its not in her future

Disregarding the word Rock in the name:

Carole King (prolific singer and songwriter)
Tina Turner (we all need another hero)
Iron Maiden (rock on, dude; need to youtube)
Todd Rundgren (singer, songwriter, producer)
Dionne Warwick (anyone who had a heart would vote yes!)

Let's clean this up and get the old folks in this year.

Last edited:
Carole King is a must. She is the most prolific writer in Rock and Roll (as opposed to "Rock"). She was the queen of the Brill Building. Like it or not, in the late 50's and early 60's, what she was doing was Rock and Roll. Loco-Motion is Rock and Roll, proven by Grand Funk RR. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow is also a great song. Yeah, it was more pop than the stuff Buddy Holly, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry and others were doing, but it was still Rock and Roll to me (sorry Billy Joel).

Tapestry is a great album. She was not the only rocker to be doing more folky songs at that time. Heck, #36 in Rolling Stones Greatest Albums of All Time.

Yeah, she is already there as a writer and she needs to be inducted as a performer as well.

That's ridiculous, but they are going to rename it the Anybody You Ever Heard of Hall of Fame.

Museum of Modern Music? The current name doesn’t make any sense since they branched outside the genre

The honor would mean more if there wasn’t an induction every year and they only did one band at a time. That ship has probably sailed

Devo- certainly groundbreaking but not yet (if ever)
Jay-Z- not yet
Foo Fighters- maybe
Carole King- yep, even if you don't like her
Rage Against the Machine- wearing down the judges, denied in last two year
Tina Turner- yep
Mary J. Blige- maybe in time
Iron Maiden- yep, easy one
Kate Bush- who
The Go-Go’s- not before the Bangles
Chaka Khan- nope
Fela Kuti- who?
LL Cool J- huh uh
New York Dolls- no
Todd Rundgren- maybe
Dionne Warwick- Psychic Friends Network says its not in her future
I'd heard the name a couple of times, but that's it. That said, I took one on the chin for the team and watched Babooshka.

If you like watching someone seduce a cello while singing?, give it a look-see. Me? I'm not an artsy guy, thank goodness.

Disregarding the word Rock in the name:

Carole King (prolific singer and songwriter)
Tina Turner (we all need another hero)
Iron Maiden (rock on, dude; need to youtube)
Todd Rundgren (singer, songwriter, producer)
Dionne Warwick (anyone who had a heart would vote yes!)

Let's clean this up and get the old folks in this year.

I agree with this list and Rage.

Foo Fighters will get in, but I think it’s too soon.

I'd heard the name a couple of times, but that's it. That said, I took one on the chin for the team and watched Babooshka.

If you like watching someone seduce a cello while singing?, give it a look-see. Me? I'm not an artsy guy, thank goodness.

Yikes! We should not have to suffer alone!

She should be permanently disqualified from the HOF for that video alone.

While the Babooshka video might not be Kate Bush's career high point she is a talent and has one of the better voices in rock music, while probably not HOF material I can see why she was nominated. On a high point along with Peter Gabriel she is also part of one of the most stunning duets in the history of the genre, "Don't Give Up". Dolly Parton was originally supposed to sing this with Gabriel but could not find the time to get to England and didn't want to take part in a video to promote the single. The tune really summed up mid '80s Thatcher England with working class folks loosing jobs and there was a real sense of despair for the common man, in particular suicide rates among middle aged men was very high at this time. She nails the supportive wife voice very well and the video is a hidden gem in Gabriel's catalog. Bonus points too for one of the best bass lines in a ballad laid down by the great Tony Levin.

Foo Fighters are a no brainer in my opinion. I saw them in concert 2 years ago and that concert was only rivaled by Fleetwood Mac at the Q a handful of years ago when all the members played.

I guess Nickelback and Fallout Boy should be in the rock hall too. Maybe Blink 182 while we’re at it

The past 25+ years have been a slow agonizing death for the genre with very few good bands and albums emerging and a ton of crap, the Foo Fighters last interesting song came out in 1997

This year's list of nominees is out-

Devo
Jay-Z
Foo Fighters
Carole King
Rage Against the Machine
Tina Turner
Mary J. Blige
Iron Maiden
Kate Bush
The Go-Go’s
Chaka Khan
Fela Kuti
LL Cool J
New York Dolls
Todd Rundgren
Dionne Warwick.
I guess every year when this list comes out I ask myself:
Would I have paid, or went for free, to any of these acts while at any time in their careers?

With this list. no.

Most happy for Todd Rungren, not only is he a great writer and performer but also was a wiz in the studio. LL Cool J gets a consultation prize in that he was inducted into the Music Excellence Award, which the Rock Hall has used to honor artists, songwriters and producers that wouldn’t normally earn induction in its “Performers” category. Kratftwork also gets a consultation prize with Kraftwerk getting an early influencer award.

This year's list of nominees is out-

Devo
Jay-Z
Foo Fighters
Carole King
Rage Against the Machine
Tina Turner
Mary J. Blige
Iron Maiden
Kate Bush
The Go-Go’s
Chaka Khan
Fela Kuti
LL Cool J
New York Dolls
Todd Rundgren
Dionne Warwick.
I guess every year when this list comes out I ask myself:
Would I have paid, or went for free, to any of these acts while at any time in their careers?

With this list. no.

By the way, those that like heavy metal would be happy to hear that Randy Rhodes got in with the Music Excellence Award.

If there is one valid criticism of the Rock Hall is that of the lack of Heavy Metal acts. While I am not a fan of the genre I do get that there are many important contributors to Rock & Roll as an art form this that must be acknowledged. Judas Priest & Iron Maiden should have been in long ago with others under more serious consideration. Now while some do not consider the rap genre rock music I think it is a branch of the overall art form and again while I am not a fan I understand why it is included. If country acts like Johnny Cash & Hank Williams can be in the Rock Hall why not NWA? HOFs by nature will always lead to some debates among what is great and who should be included, kind of along the lines of why are there some many more QBs in the football HOF vs. Offensive Lineman when there were many more players at those positions or should Relievers & DHs be more loved in the baseball HOF. The debate is part of the fun.

Nice to see Tina and Todd getting the nod.

I dearly love Dionne Warwick's music, but come on. Is Burt Bacharach on the list for next year? And Carole King? Let's just say Crusaders' suggestion to rename it the "Modern (or Pop) Music Hall of Fame" is an idea whose time has come. :)