Robert Conrad, dead at 84

clarkgriswold

Robert Conrad, star of shows like Wild Wild West, Hawaiian Eye, Centennial, Assignment: Vienna, The D.A., '77 Sunset Strip, Mission: Impossible, High Mountain Rangers, Jesse Hawkes, and High Sierra Search And Rescue died today.

I can still remember as a kid watching him make an @$$ of himself on the Battle of the Network Stars and getting beaten in a foot race by Gabe Kaplan.

ogealbhain

Robert Conrad, star of shows like Wild Wild West, Hawaiian Eye, Centennial, Assignment: Vienna, The D.A., '77 Sunset Strip, Mission: Impossible, High Mountain Rangers, Jesse Hawkes, and High Sierra Search And Rescue died today.

I can still remember as a kid watching him make an @$$ of himself on the Battle of the Network Stars and getting beaten in a foot race by Gabe Kaplan.
Baa baa Black Sheep

Irwin20

Gabe is a former Yiddish 100m record holder. No shame in that.

gneiss rocks

As a kid in the 70's and early 80's I absolutely loved the reruns of Wild Wild West...It had sci fi, karate, hot women, guns, all mixed together in a time and land that every kid from this era loved.
My fantasy adulthood was between him and David Caraddine, (Kung Fu)
I swear once I retire I'm going west, kicking every bad guys out there and having all the women...
Of course, only if my wife says its ok...

Purplemojo

I liked Robert Conrad, especially in Baa Baa Black Sheep. I also enjoyed Wild Wild West as a kid until I realized that they really only had one plot that they would just redo with different bizarre characters. Thank God the pretty accomplice always changed sides at the last minute to get them out of trouble.