Rivals poster thoughts, do you agree?

gobluetom

We don't think conservative views run counter to the best interests of black people. We actually believe we have better ideas than the left. It is stunning for some to hear this, I know. There are thousands of black people who agree with this also. Including major black intellectuals. We think BLM should put a much greater emphasis on black males looking inward and becoming fathers that stick around and be responsible role models, and a smaller emphasis on pointing fingers when someone points out the black homicide rate is 8x higher than the white AND Latino homicide rate combined, just to give one example. We don't view this position as anti black...just the opposite. It's funny to us that some think this POV is against black people, when we think it is a far greater mindset to have, going forward to solve the real problems.

But people don't want to look inward. They'd rather point fingers at .0001% of bad white cops and put 99% of the emphasis on that and 1% of the emphasis on the hard work.

When you say "people don't want to look inward," well, conservatives are people.

Maybe the best of both worlds would be if major (as opposed to Bethel's shining stars) conservative organizations approached BLM as friend instead of as "the left." Someone has to take first step. We waited for the last Pres to do it. He didnt. We're waiting for the current Pres to do it. He still has opportunity. Nothing to wait for. Just do it.

We don't think conservative views run counter to the best interests of black people. We actually believe we have better ideas than the left. It is stunning for some to hear this, I know. There are thousands of black people who agree with this also. Including major black intellectuals. We think BLM should put a much greater emphasis on black males looking inward and becoming fathers that stick around and be responsible role models, and a smaller emphasis on pointing fingers when someone points out the black homicide rate is 8x higher than the white AND Latino homicide rate combined, just to give one example. We don't view this position as anti black...just the opposite. It's funny to us that some think this POV is against black people, when we think it is a far greater mindset to have, going forward to solve the real problems.

But people don't want to look inward. They'd rather point fingers at .0001% of bad white cops and put 99% of the emphasis on that and 1% of the emphasis on the hard work.
Lets not kid ourselves. We keep hearing from a very loud minority at the moment.

Most people do the right thing, work hard, provide for family, etc...

Yappi said it awhile back and it is cultural. Most of us on this site came from the background of looking inward. It was ingrained in us from a young age. Anytime I complained growing up it was "quit your bellyachin." I was not allowed to complain about coaches or refs. There was something more that I could have done better to get what I want (playing time or a win).

The problem remains that everyone is so gun-shy due to this ultra PC crowd that we no longer can have honest dialogue. We need to have honest and tolerant dialogue. If someone does not see the world and I do I want to know why? Tough to do when people are afraid to say what they REALLY believe or think out of fear.

The irony of the BLM protests is that they will actually be the cause of more black deaths due to Covid19 and aiding in its spread.

I am pro police so the BLM movement is actually the enemy to me. Now, of course Black lives matter but I do not believe that the root of this movement is actually for that and is just smoke and mirrors for something sinister. There are many who have climbed aboard not realizing the true nature of this organization.

Remember: Plan Parenthood.... sounds great, who would not want to plan this out but what is it really? Killing babies
Me Too: Another no brainer but this one had an agenda targeting specific political figures. How ironic that one of the members actually molested a 15 year old boy. The reason for this movement was to get extremists into office......

When for so long, part of this inward thinking, just suck it up, got applied to people being abused, maybe we are just dealing with the natural response to that? We KNOW that was the culture. It wasn't just us or ours that were to "suck it up." It was everyone else with a complaint. And THAT was from the well intentioned.

Well, that wasn't right either. The process might be painful but as a culture, we earned the pain. The last Pres didn't do what was needed to take a hisotrically much over-damped response towards critical so now we're dealing with a much under-damped response and the current President is fiddling.

When for so long, part of this inward thinking, just suck it up, got applied to people being abused, maybe we are just dealing with the natural response to that? We KNOW that was the culture. It wasn't just us or ours that were to "suck it up." It was everyone else with a complaint. And THAT was from the well intentioned.

Well, that wasn't right either. The process might be painful but as a culture, we earned the pain. The last Pres didn't do what was needed to take a hisotrically much over-damped response towards critical so now we're dealing with a much under-damped response and the current President is fiddling.

I disagree vehemently.
One cannot constantly play the victim. Yes just suck it up.. exactly... start living or start dying.
Refuse to play the victim.
When you play the victim you start to blame everyone and every group who you think is against you.
Its their fault.. they need to be punished.. they need to fall on their knees and ask for forgiveness.

This is where we are in 2020 America.

Afraid of the Police....

I call BS.

If one is afraid of the Police one would not be confrontational, one would not resist, one would not have attitude.

one would be quiet, listen, and do what is instructed while being polite.

It amazes me how many of these shooting could of been avoided if there was co-operation.

Support your local police. Do not give in to defunding and definitely to abolishment. Do not give in to a China controlled agenda sweeping this nation.

I disagree vehemently.
One cannot constantly play the victim. Yes just suck it up.. exactly... start living or start dying.
When you play the victim you start to blame everyone and every group who you think is against you.
Its their fault.. they need to be punished.. they need to fall on their knees and ask for forgiveness.

Do you agree that there are victims in this world, in our country? And that we have a God given responsibility to stand up for them and help them stand up for themselves? We would have some common ground because I do.

Inward thinking I believe dictates that we consider the possibility that we didn't stand up. If we're to declare ourselves inward thinking then we evaluate OUR possible faults, missteps and inadequate actions instead of all this concentration on the believed faults, missteps and inadequate actions of others. Our last President didn't do that. Our current President hasn't yet found a coherent stance.

Real or perceived ? cause meet effect.

Afraid of the Police....

I call BS.

If one is afraid of the Police one would not be confrontational, one would not resist, one would not have attitude.

It amazes me how many of these shooting could of been avoided if there was co-operation.

Support your local police. Do not give in to defunding and definitely to abolishment. Do not give in to a China controlled agenda sweeping this nation.

Well said!!!

I disagree vehemently.

Playing the victim over and over again is not goin away and will just get worse.
Sooner you accept it the better.

A black woman on TV is sticking up for the protests amid the Covid outbreak stating she is fighting for her freedom?

WHAT? You are free.... maybe you need to venture outside this country and go to places where one is NOT free. Go to North Korea and see how the people there live? Go to these 3rd World Countries and see how they live? I sure this woman has a nice 50inch TV screen, a car, running water, electricity ... etc but she is fighting for her freedom. BS..... playing the victim when there is none. More like fighting for entitlements.

Reactions: y2h
Do you agree that there are victims in this world, in our country? And that we have a God given responsibility to stand up for them and help them stand up for themselves? We would have some common ground because I do.

Inward thinking I believe dictates that we consider the possibility that we didn't stand up. If we're to declare ourselves inward thinking then we evaluate OUR possible faults, missteps and inadequate actions instead of all this concentration on the believed faults, missteps and inadequate actions of others. Our last President didn't do that. Our current President hasn't yet found a coherent stance.

Real or perceived ? cause meet effect.

Yes... we are all sinners(evaluate OUR possible faults, missteps and inadequate actions).
Yes no individual on the planet is better then anyone else.
The idea of Christianity is that there is Repentance, Redemption, Restoration.
None of this is in any of the dogma from the left or right political affiliations.

If we continue to look for man to solve this current rift in our culture and nation it will not be.

A black woman on TV is sticking up for the protests amid the Covid outbreak stating she is fighting for her freedom?

WHAT? You are free.... maybe you need to venture outside this country and go to places where one is NOT free. Go to North Korea and see how the people there live? Go to these 3rd World Countries and see how they live? I sure this woman has a nice 50inch TV screen, a car, running water, electricity ... etc but she is fighting for her freedom. BS..... playing the victim when there is none. More like fighting for entitlements.
Really. How many posts did we see in support of gun toting white guys protesting their freedom about a month ago. Why is she suddenly a problem? I wonder.

Really. How many posts did we see in support of gun toting white guys protesting their freedom about a month ago. Why is she suddenly a problem? I wonder.

Freedom in owning a gun.....buh

What is the freedom that this woman want?

Afraid of the Police....

I call BS.

China controlled agenda. Lol.

Really laying it on thick regarding 'better ideas'. "Becoming fathers that stick around and be responsible role models" is an old gem. It's a classic response from people seeking to avoid uncomfortable conversations about structural racism.

Really laying it on thick regarding 'better ideas'. "Becoming fathers that stick around and be responsible role models" is an old gem. It's a classic response from people seeking to avoid uncomfortable conversations about structural racism.

Just an idea. Kind of like how kids of alcoholics often grow up to be alcoholics.
Kids that come from strong homes have a much better chance at being successful, than those who don't.
Kids that make good decisions, and are taught to respect authority, often end up better off than those who break the law.

I know just stupid talking points, that take away excuses of criminals and those who enable and support them.

Exactly. Most white Americans do not understand that concepts such as fathers and mothers should be responsible parents, or show up on time every day, or work hard are all examples of structural racism. Expecting people to live by norms and mores which are not part of their culture is inherently racist.

It really is not that difficult to live by societal rules. It just isnt.

Respecting authority starts at home. Whether it is another adult, teacher, coach, police, etc. It all starts at home. They parents as a whole are going to have a lot more control in forming those opinions than anyone else.

Parents: This is on you. True, some parents do it right and still produce trash kids, but as a whole if the parents preach respect to authority more often then this would be a much better world.

Hell, actually it is just you silly cities. Out here in the sticks it is still pretty damned nice!

Exactly. Most white Americans do not understand that concepts such as fathers and mothers should be responsible parents, or show up on time every day, or work hard are all examples of structural racism. Expecting people to live by norms and mores which are not part of their culture is inherently racist.
So by their mere presence, black fathers could stem the devastating effects of oppression imposed in the classroom, workplace, and court system in these neighborhoods? I'm sure your scenario doesn't take into account the impact of depressed wages, chronic unemployment, discriminatory hiring practices, the history of mass incarceration, housing segregation and inequality in educational opportunity, to name a few. Keep scapegoating though.

sa
The EMT and FD are fine... ?‍♂️

I appreciate your sudden commitment to reducing your carbon footprint. (y)

Glad your on board! Great place to make some heavy budget cuts.
Slash those free loading military folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defund the military!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So by their mere presence, black fathers could stem the devastating effects of oppression imposed in the classroom, workplace, and court system in these neighborhoods?
I said no such thing.

I'm sure your scenario doesn't take into account the impact of depressed wages, chronic unemployment, discriminatory hiring practices, the history of mass incarceration, housing segregation and inequality in educational opportunity, to name a few.
I didn't say anything about a scenario of any description.

All I said was that the majority culture expecting members of the minority culture to live by norms and mores which are not part of their culture is structural racism. Which is true.

Keep scapegoating though.