Ricky Brown Heading To UC?

I’d like to see him involved with Elder to some degree. I don’t know what capacity but whatever role he played would be of value.

I’d like to see him involved with Elder to some degree. I don’t know what capacity but whatever role he played would be of value.
This article is a few years old, but I think the basics still apply. There NCAA has rules about what "quality control" or "analysts" are allowed to do and one of the things that are considered impermissible for quality control coaches is to participate in off campus recruiting. I assume the NCAA would consider Ricky being involved at Elder as off campus recruiting.

Or are you suggesting he quit UC and work for Elder?

This article is a few years old, but I think the basics still apply. There NCAA has rules about what "quality control" or "analysts" are allowed to do and one of the things that are considered impermissible for quality control coaches is to participate in off campus recruiting. I assume the NCAA would consider Ricky being involved at Elder as off campus recruiting.

Or are you suggesting he quit UC and work for Elder?
I was hoping he’d maybe be an advisor or some kind of unofficial role.

Big time sports don’t really have an unofficial role. He not going to work at UC and unofficially for Elder. Get a clue Omar!
I was spitballing. I thought maybe he’d have a way to get non traditional students interested in Elder.