Retailers Requiring Face Coverings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like which ones?
your asking a guy who goes to bars and wants them open for full business, hates masks and is very social. lol. multiple places in mt adams and up that way were mentioned. i shouldn't have to name them for you b/c if the young crowd was doing what they should be the bars wouldn't be on the news. i also have 2 grads in my house.....high school and college and it sucked for both of them, but they get it and do the right things when they go out.

you can rebuttal me all you want, but im the one who goes to my local bars, wears a mask while not at my seat and still has a good time. and yes, i also think kids should be in school 5 days/week.

jtk
()

your asking a guy who goes to bars and wants them open for full business, hates masks and is very social. lol. multiple places in mt adams and up that way were mentioned. i shouldn't have to name them for you b/c if the young crowd was doing what they should be the bars wouldn't be on the news. i also have 2 grads in my house.....high school and college and it sucked for both of them, but they get it and do the right things when they go out.

you can rebuttal me all you want, but im the one who goes to my local bars, wears a mask while not at my seat and still has a good time. and yes, i also think kids should be in school 5 days/week.

jtk
()
I never claimed you broke the rules, or were reckless. I am
claiming your part of the crowd who wants to shame others and other businesses. Judging by your comments, you and mickey seem to take the news as factual and joined in on their blame game. Remember, you were the one putting the blame on others, I'm simply questioning that, not your actions.
I blame the blamers.

claiming your part of the crowd who wants to shame others and other businesses. Judging by your comments, you and mickey seem to take the news as factual and joined in on their blame game. Remember, you were the one putting the blame on others, I'm simply questioning that, not your actions.
I blame the blamers.
your saying all the bars are following the rules? lol shaming businesses, lol, if the rules aren't being followed then the shoe fits.

jtk
()

I blame the blamers.
Lol, we're really digging in here

Again, anything short of a vaccine and I have a hard time believing much would change from our current situation. New Zealand is already having a 2nd outbreak despite doing everything suggested, so I doubt an additional month of mandatory masks would’ve made a difference.

claiming your part of the crowd who wants to shame others and other businesses.

If the shoe fits. They're not being asked to do much.

Judging by your comments, you and mickey seem to take the news as factual and joined in on their blame game.

I'm not sure what this means. You'll have to clarify what your trying to convey here about the news.

I blame the blamers.

For what? Making some snowflake who is scared to wear a mask feel bad for being an idiot?

If the shoe fits. They're not being asked to do much.

I'm not sure what this means. You'll have to clarify what your trying to convey here about the news.

For what? Making some snowflake who is scared to wear a mask feel bad for being an idiot?
Nobody is scared, but stop with the pithy comments. The fact is we’d still be where we’re at now, so your b1tchy little retorts add no value.

No, I don't think I will stop. Grow a pair, man.
You’re the one making snide comments like a teenager. Everyone is wearing masks, but pretending that if we started wearing them in May would’ve made much of a difference is idiocy. NZ followed your rules to a T and it did not stop the spread. We should wear the masks for the small impact they have, but we’re f’d until there’s a vaccine or herd immunity.

I think the virus is going to do what it's going to do until there is a vaccine. Limiting large gatherings, washing hands, and being cognizant of not touching face are the best we can do to contain it while still going about our lives. I'll wear a mask only because it is required right now but don't believe it's doing much if anything.

I think the virus is going to do what it's going to do until there is a vaccine. Limiting large gatherings, washing hands, and being cognizant of not touching face are the best we can do to contain it while still going about our lives. I'll wear a mask only because it is required right now but don't believe it's doing much if anything.

even if it helps a small amount, I don’t mind. I’m happen to be sick of b1tchy “I told you so” comments, especially when they’re not even right.

You’re the one making snide comments like a teenager. Everyone is wearing masks, but pretending that if we started wearing them in May would’ve made much of a difference is idiocy. NZ followed your rules to a T and it did not stop the spread. We should wear the masks for the small impact they have, but we’re f’d until there’s a vaccine or herd immunity.
New Zealand's current 'spike' is still getting less than 20 new cases per day. They, to date, have had 1,683 cases and 22 deaths from covid. The US has had 5.71 million cases and 177,000 deaths. Those raw numbers aren't really fair given the population disparity so, per million, NZ is at 276.22 cases per million, while the US is at 17,228.29 cases per. Daily per million: NZ=1.66; US=104.24.

No one has ever claimed that any of these rules would completely stop the spread. I'm not saying earlier mask mandates would have or wouldn't have made a big difference, but whatever countries like Australia, Canada and New Zealand have done to quell this thing, has been a thousand times better than what we've done.

New Zealand's current 'spike' is still getting less than 20 new cases per day. They, to date, have had 1,683 cases and 22 deaths from covid. The US has had 5.71 million cases and 177,000 deaths. Those raw numbers aren't really fair given the population disparity so, per million, NZ is at 276.22 cases per million, while the US is at 17,228.29 cases per. Daily per million: NZ=1.66; US=104.24.

No one has ever claimed that any of these rules would completely stop the spread. I'm not saying earlier mask mandates would have or wouldn't have made a big difference, but whatever countries like Australia, Canada and New Zealand have done to quell this thing, has been a thousand times better than what we've done.
If it’s not a big deal, why pushback the election?

It's probably a big deal to them, given their good track record, to keep it from ballooning. I'm just giving you the numbers, man.

Or it could be their procedures are inadequate and they expect a massive spread? They have no chance at herd immunity, so they’re caught up s**t creek.

my point is that if rules were followed by ALL restaurants and bars when the reopen happened, then things would possibly be different. we will never know though. for ??????to try and say that people are just here to blame is silly. there were in fact many things that occurred after reopening that weren't supposed to happen, including the peaceful protest/riots and bars and restaraunts, family gatherings, etc. so not sure if we would be the same or better? i do know that since july mask mandate the #'s in hamilton county have dropped by a lot.

jtk
()

my point is that if rules were followed by ALL restaurants and bars when the reopen happened, then things would possibly be different. we will never know though. for ??????to try and say that people are just here to blame is silly. there were in fact many things that occurred after reopening that weren't supposed to happen, including the peaceful protest/riots and bars and restaraunts, family gatherings, etc. so not sure if we would be the same or better? i do know that since july mask mandate the #'s in hamilton county have dropped by a lot.

jtk
()
Well, that's a better explanation, a far cry from your first post. I still disagree with the half butt quarantine, just think it takes to long to get immunity.

Or it could be their procedures are inadequate and they expect a massive spread? They have no chance at herd immunity, so they’re caught up s**t creek.
If they were inadequate, I'd imagine they'd be in a much worse situation in terms of cases and deaths.

I know I am going to stir up the pot. But that is not my intention. I found this information and it is from the CDC (see the link enclosed in pdf file). It's GOOD news but unfortunately this does not get televised by our friends in the main stream media. The data presented shows how COVID-19 is not even close to pandemic numbers and reinforces how young, healthy people (ages 16-54) need to get back to work, get the economy fired up again. It also shows who is more vulnerable and affected. Again it is GOOD, POSITIVE news. I think it is a very good find!

Hello Everyone! Again GOOD, POSITIVE news from the CDC which hopefully gains traction and everyone gets informed and the panic over COVID-19 will soon decline. Please read the enclosed link:

Summary: From CDC only 6% of all COVID-19 deaths was the only cause mentioned. 94% of deaths had other diseases associated with it like cancer, diabetes, and other underlying heath issues. This was done by reviewing all the death certificates associated with COVID-19.

Again I am not trying to stir the pot (but I know I will), I want to share this GOOD information that is being suppressed from us. This is a very good find and I hope the Governors (especially Dewine) will take this information and get things back to normal as quickly as possible. This information along with the enclosed death rate numbers from the enclosed PDF file (see AUG 21st entry if not in here) hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hello Everyone! Again GOOD, POSITIVE news from the CDC which hopefully gains traction and everyone gets informed and the panic over COVID-19 will soon decline. Please read the enclosed link:

Summary: From CDC only 6% of all COVID-19 deaths was the only cause mentioned. 94% of deaths had other diseases associated with it like cancer, diabetes, and other underlying heath issues. This was done by reviewing all the death certificates associated with COVID-19.

Again I am not trying to stir the pot (but I know I will), I want to share this GOOD information that is being suppressed from us. This is a very good find and I hope the Governors (especially Dewine) will take this information and get things back to normal as quickly as possible. This information along with the enclosed death rate numbers from the enclosed PDF file (see AUG 21st entry if not in here) hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Even if this is true, it's estimated that roughly 60% of Americans have at least one underlying condition.

This isn’t true. Fake news. Sorry.
It isn't though. Although CDC reporting is really slow, what SC10EHS15 notes is true - the statistic isn't particularly consequential due to the number of underlying conditions in the population. For those that believe this affects perfectly healthy people though it is a bit consequential.

The stat I'd follow though is excess deaths:

If NY / NJ didn't botch the response as they did the weekly numbers would look a bit closer to the 2018 flu season imo (we're currently below those numbers by a few percentage points).

Another interesting stat to look at is excess deaths for those under the age of 25 - this year it actually appears to be below average.

It isn't though. Although CDC reporting is really slow, what SC10EHS15 notes is true - the statistic isn't particularly consequential due to the number of underlying conditions in the population. For those that believe this affects perfectly healthy people though it is a bit consequential.

The stat I'd follow though is excess deaths:

If NY / NJ didn't botch the response as they did the weekly numbers would look a bit closer to the 2018 flu season imo (we're currently below those numbers by a few percentage points).

Another interesting stat to look at is excess deaths for those under the age of 25 - this year it actually appears to be below average.
Isn’t it funny how Cuomo is such a hero? Yet, DeSantis & Abbot are POS, but their death rate is significantly smaller.

Yup. I also think DeWine gets more credit than he deserves.

I agree, look at the other Governors in nearby states, Particularly Michigan, PA, and IL. Outside Ohio, Indiana & Iowa, there’s no HS football played in the a Great Lakes/Midwest.

Didn’t Hamilton county hit its highest case total yesterday? That’s with mandated masks, so perhaps they’re not the be all end all of returning to normal. Again, not against masks, just tired of the hyperbolic comments about their effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.