Restaurant chains that are no more

Went about 3 weeks ago, and made it to York Steakhouse last week!
Went to York Steakhouse last night. Told them hubman sent me. They looked at me kind of funny...

20220403_135643.jpg

Probably raised the prices during the interim.
Prices weren't that bad but higher than the last time I went decades ago. I had the t-bone. It was pretty good. We got there around 4PM after a softball game. The line was out the door when we left around 6PM. Definitely a throwback restaurant like I expected.

News to me?

They do have a Fort Ball Pizza. Them and Tiffin. Local chain?

Findlay and Tiffin both have Lee's which are prevalent down South.
It was Ryan's Steak House that used to be in Fremont, and of course Ponderosa years ago. There was briefly a Bonanza too.

Fort Ball is out of Tiffin. Two there, one in Fremont. Maybe used to be one in Fostoria? Fort Ball existed during the War of 1812 on the Sandusky River. The original Fort Ball Pizza Palace is in that Tiffin neighborhood.

There is a Lee's Famous Recipe on the east side of Fremont too. They occasionally sold hundreds of chicken dinners to the afternoon shift at Whirlpool. I don't know if that still happens or not.

In what can only be regarded as one of the great tragedies of our time, I've heard that the New Sandusky Fish Company is closed and the building is for sale.

It was Ryan's Steak House that used to be in Fremont, and of course Ponderosa years ago. There was briefly a Bonanza too.

Fort Ball is out of Tiffin. Two there, one in Fremont. Maybe used to be one in Fostoria? Fort Ball existed during the War of 1812 on the Sandusky River. The original Fort Ball Pizza Palace is in that Tiffin neighborhood.

There is a Lee's Famous Recipe on the east side of Fremont too. They occasionally sold hundreds of chicken dinners to the afternoon shift at Whirlpool. I don't know if that still happens or not.

In what can only be regarded as one of the great tragedies of our time, I've heard that the New Sandusky Fish Company is closed and the building is for sale.
Ryan Steak House is one that I do not believe was mentioned on here previously. Used to be a decent sized chain.

Interesting on Fort Ball. I always appreciate a local history lesson and have driven by the restaurants numerous times but have never eaten. Any good?

Love Lee's when I get a chance. Big fried chicken guy. ?

Sandusky Fish Co. gone? They always did great business. Covid? Seasonal? Shame.

I went to a Ryan's in Elizabethtown, KY a couple of years ago and it was awful. Not at all what I remembered from my younger days.

Ryan Steak House is one that I do not believe was mentioned on here previously. Used to be a decent sized chain.

Interesting on Fort Ball. I always appreciate a local history lesson and have driven by the restaurants numerous times but have never eaten. Any good?

I thought Fort Ball pizza was very good, but that was years ago.

Sandusky Fish Co. closes every winter. Like everybody, they had some trouble finding workers last year, and more importantly, they had trouble finding fish.

there is Lee's in Lima and also in St Marys Ohio..... and I think in Findlay too..

there is Lee's in Lima and also in St Marys Ohio..... and I think in Findlay too..

actually went to their website... there are 40 locations in the great state of Ohio.....

According to Lee's web site there are 40 restaurants in Ohio.

According to Lee's web site there are 40 restaurants in Ohio.

Never heard Famous Recipe called Lee's. I thought "Famous Recipe" was long extinct.

There was a Lee's Famous Recipe in Ellet 20-25 years ago for a very short time.

Anybody remember Borden Burger?

I think someone mentioned Kenny Rogers Roasters earlier. As I recall, Burt Reynolds lost a ton of money investing in that one.