Remakes you actually want

I’d like to see a Spawn remake. There’s rumors of one in development with Jamie Foxx and Jeremy Renner.

Not what I thought you'd gone with King...Kong. They got the bootleg cell on-line of the new Kong movie. I'm waiting for quality!

Spawn: I'm pretty sure I still have the first 50 or so issues sitting in a box. Plus probably a few action figures, lol. First movie really sucked. But 53 years old Jamie Fox..... ? Hell might as well give it back to Jai White. Better than Will Smith I suppose but not much. It will die on the vine. Keep Lequizamo, Cage, Sam Jackson and all those over the hill wanna be in every comics movie ex-actors out of it and it might have a small chance.

They should have gone with someone like Winston Duke, a guy who can actually act and doesn't need a walker or shoe lifts.

I read a column that indicated almost every war has a great film made with it as the primary premise with the exception of the US Revolutionary War. Maybe a more realistic version of the Patriot? Something has to be made.

Drums Along the Mohawk (1939) is pretty darn good, although it happens on the upper New York frontier and there are no large scale battles in open fields. It was directed by John Ford and had a pretty impressive cast with Henry Fonda and Claudette Colbert.

Also, The Crossing (2000) was also a excellent Revolutionary War film, although it was a "made for TV". Jeff Daniels was outstanding in it as George Washington. It tells the unlikely story of the Christmas night victory at Trenton, over a much stronger and better trained unit of Hessians.

I did not think Patriot (2000) was a bad film. Its depiction of Yorktown was pretty accurate. I also like the old movie references that Gibson included, like the church scene from High Noon (1952) and even his own Mad Max (1979) when he pulls his box containing his dark past out from under his bed, where he hides and compartmentalizes it in order to keep his humanity.

Last edited:
Agree Patriot was definitely a letdown, especially after Braveheart.
The Patriot isn't terrible and in fairness, just about anything Gibson did following Braveheart was going to a letdown. It was probably a mistake for him to try to make another epic time period piece like that.

While I get that some of the above mentioned US Revolutionary War films are good they are not standout films by any means. In my opinion here are the best by war and the Patriot is definitely a few steps below all the others.

US Revolutionary War: Patriot
Civil War: Gone with the Wind
WW I: All Quiet on the Western Front
WW II: Casablanca
Korea: MASH
Vietnam: Apocalypse Now
Desert Storm: The Hurt Locker

A Revolutionary War movie that should be made would be about the battle of Kings Mountain. The social dynamics before, during and after the battle makes for a compelling story as well as the actual fighting. The "Overmountain Men" were outnumbered and the Loyalist held the high ground. Despite this the patriots fought to a decisive victory.

While I get that some of the above mentioned US Revolutionary War films are good they are not standout films by any means. In my opinion here are the best by war and the Patriot is definitely a few steps below all the others.

US Revolutionary War: Patriot
Civil War: Gone with the Wind
WW I: All Quiet on the Western Front
WW II: Casablanca
Korea: MASH
Vietnam: Apocalypse Now
Desert Storm: The Hurt Locker

Nope:

US Revolutionary War: Drum Along the Mohawk (1939)
Civil War: Glory (1989)
WW I: The Big Parade (1925)
WW II: Longest Day (1962)
Korea: Pork Shop Hill (1959)
Vietnam: Platoon (1986)
Desert Storm: Courage Under Fire (1996) (first Gulf War)

War of 1812 - Not made yet, although the Battle of Lake Erie certainly deserves the Hollywood treatment. I do not understand how that and the life of Tecumseh has not rated anything other than bad elementary school educational films.

French and Indian War: Last of the Mohicans (1992)
US Revolutionary War: Drums Along the Mohawk (1939)
War of 1812: The Buccaneer (1958) Charlton Heston as Andrew Jackson
Civil War: GWTW
WW I: Lawrence of Arabia
WW II: I couldn't pick just one.
Korea: Pork Shop Hill (1959)
Vietnam: Full Metal Jacket (1987)

WW II is easily the toughest to chose so many great films.

I forgot about the War of 1812, need to research a little more.

Another to consider>

Cold War: Dr. Strangelove

Ahh so can I assume you liked the Dominic character too (POI)??

Dominic the character was passable for me. Could have done with or without but the acting was solid. More importantly, he held his own next to Jamie Hector who is REALLY good. Hard to imagine anyone doing M'Baku better, Duke has a presence in addition to acting. And he's big. BIG. Jamie Fox will bust the animation budget.

Looking at Duke's imdb I saw he's in an upcoming "Mark Man" listed as playing Marcus Garvey. Marcus Garvey? Talk about busting the CGI budget, Garvey was a shorty, about 5ft. Then I read the movie description. It's not THAT Garvey.

1812: The Madness of King George

a bit loose but as mention, material hard to come by. It wasn't even the best war going on.

I loved Last of the Mohicans, but for the French and Indian War the best film is Northwest Passage (1940). Spencer Tracy as MAJ Rogers, the leader of Roger's Rangers and the father of the US Army Rangers. Tracy and Walter Brennan were outstanding in this film.

I'd like to see a re-boot of Episodes 7 through 9 but set them 100 years after Episode 6. Let Luke, Leia, Han and Chewy have their victory and rise into the sunset at the Ewok village.

I loved the A-Team in the 1980's and was excited for the movie which did not capture the essence of the show at all. A reboot would be better served as a period piece set in 1982 or 1983 with them helping someone while on the run, you know, like the show that was wildly successful for the time.

Not what I thought you'd gone with King...Kong. They got the bootleg cell on-line of the new Kong movie. I'm waiting for quality!

Spawn: I'm pretty sure I still have the first 50 or so issues sitting in a box. Plus probably a few action figures, lol. First movie really sucked. But 53 years old Jamie Fox..... ? Hell might as well give it back to Jai White. Better than Will Smith I suppose but not much. It will die on the vine. Keep Lequizamo, Cage, Sam Jackson and all those over the hill wanna be in every comics movie ex-actors out of it and it might have a small chance.

They should have gone with someone like Winston Duke, a guy who can actually act and doesn't need a walker or shoe lifts.
You should get HBO Max. The new Godzilla vs Kong is on there, along with every other Warner Bro’s movie the same day it hits theaters this year. Only streaming service I would highly recommend currently. As for Spawn, Todd McFarlane is supposed to be directing it himself with a “hard R rating”.

You should get HBO Max. The new Godzilla vs Kong is on there, along with every other Warner Bro’s movie the same day it hits theaters this year. Only streaming service I would highly recommend currently. As for Spawn, Todd McFarlane is supposed to be directing it himself with a “hard R rating”.

I can see that.

Tombstone is one of my favorite westerns of all time, don't touch it!!! Where is Val Kilmer's Oscar!

Tombstone is an enjoyable movie but it is Hollywood Fantasy. With the exception of names and location, there is nothing accurate about that film. The American West is my my favorite part of American history...so I just kind of laugh my way through Tombstone

HBO Max also has Person of Interest and Big Bang Theory. I thought Big Bang would be a little high brow for me, so I never watched it while it was on, but I am really enjoying it, not to mention Kaley is pretty easy on the eyes.

US Revolutionary War: Hamilton (2020)
WW I: Sergeant York (1941)
WW II: Saving Private Ryan (1998)/Schindlers List (1993)
Korea: Mash (1970)
Vietnam: We Were Soldiers (2002)

US Revolutionary War: Hamilton (2020)
WW I: Sergeant York (1941)
WW II: Saving Private Ryan (1998)/Schindlers List (1993)
Korea: Mash (1970)
Vietnam: We Were Soldiers (2002)

I thought of Hamilton and really like it but it is still a live Theater production and not a true film, the thing on Disney + is just a filming of a live production. By the way, they are doing a film of In the Heights, it will be interesting to see how a Lin-Manuel Miranda musical transfers to celluloid. If it is any good you know Hamilton will get a huge budget and be a big movie event with the hottest names attached.

I thought of Hamilton and really like it but it is still a live Theater production and not a true film, the thing on Disney + is just a filming of a live production. By the way, they are doing a film of In the Heights, it will be interesting to see how a Lin-Manuel Miranda musical transfers to celluloid. If it is any good you know Hamilton will get a huge budget and be a big movie event with the hottest names attached.
I know it was a stretch, but nothing else seemed to measure up for that time period. Saw the preview for In the Heights (HBO Max) last night, looks interesting.

Maximum Overdrive

As long as they keep at least a few of the ACDC songs.

I wonder how much Elon Musk would pay to keep a remake from happening? ?

Looking forward to the Dune do-over. I'd rewatched the 84 version, it wasn't as bad as I'd remembered. Probably a case of following the crowd on that opinion.

12 Angry Men (or people)
And yes, I know it was remade with a multicultural cast about 10-20 years back. But i was thinking the jurors being all POC, with maybe 1 liberal white person. Make the defendant an old school White cop who's on trial for killing a minority in the line of duty. Or course, the 11-1 vote and the discussions/arguements afterwards

Guess Whos Coming to Dinner- gay couple and the parents had no idea their child was gay. Not an Ashton Kutcher type comedy. Maybe a few years too late for this