Regionals...

D2 Indian Hill vs Alter. 11/3 Location and Time TBA.

D3 Lehman Catholic vs Cincinnati Country Day. 11/3 12pm at Xenia HS.

Regional Finals (Elite 8) I put the final state poll ranking after each team name so you can see what top 10 teams in OHIO are still left.

Beavercreek (#2) vs Mason (#9) . Location and Time TBA

Pickerington North (#12) vs. C Bishop Watterson (#6) Location and Time TBA

Strongsville (#3) vs. Toledo Notre Dame Academy (NR). 11/3 at Sandusky HS 12pm.

Twinsburg (#8) vs Massillion Jackson (NR). 11/3 Green Memorial Stadium 12pm

PICK NORTH at #12, is the best team in the TOP TEN!!! Oh wait.....

D1 Regional Finals (Elite 8):

https://ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournament...AA-Girls-Soccer-Statewide-Tournament-Brackets

Beavercreek (#2) vs Mason (#9). 11/3 at Monroe HS at 7:00 PM

Pickerington North (#12) vs. C Bishop Watterson (#6). 11/3 at Dublin Jerome at 12 PM.

Strongsville (#3) vs. Toledo Notre Dame Academy (NR). 11/3 at Sandusky HS at 12 PM.

Twinsburg (#8) vs Massillion Jackson (NR). 11/3 Green Memorial Stadium at 12 PM.

Creek beats Mason 1-0
Watterson 2-1
Strongsville 2-0
Mass Jack 1-0

Beavercreek 3-1 Mason
Pick North 2-1 Watterson
Strongsville 2-0 Toledo Notre Dame
Twinsburg 1-0 Massilon Jackson

Good luck all!

So apparently Marrs dropped the ball to set for a defender to take a goal kick, the ball rolled out of the 6-yard box and was then picked up by a Brave and set back at the edge of the 6. IH was called for handing and Alter was awarded the PK. Never seen that before @mlaughman

Love to hear a ref weigh in on that one. Never seen it either. (PK awarded for handling on field player kicking on goal kick....handling to place back on six after it rolled off the line.)

I found this video of the sequence. First is a disputed saved ball at the goal by IH...on a long shot by Alter.....then the play described above. It ends with ref stopping the clock and awarding the PK. You don't see the PK...it goes into a promotional video...but you see what happened....would love to get referee interpretations on this one.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yc-rASnCKk

After watching I now see what happened. The goalie should have punted....it was not a goal kick...so by putting the ball on the ground and the field player picking it up and trying to kick....it was a hand ball...good call....I think! So bizarre though. Never seen that.

I found this video of the sequence. First is a disputed saved ball at the goal by IH...on a long shot by Alter.....then the play described above. It ends with ref stopping the clock and awarding the PK. You don't see the PK...it goes into a promotional video...but you see what happened....would love to get referee interpretations on this one.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yc-rASnCKk

After watching I now see what happened. The goalie should have punted....it was not a goal kick...so by putting the ball on the ground and the field player picking it up and trying to kick....it was a hand ball...good call....I think! So bizarre though. Never seen that.

Yup,
These type of games bring out the strange scenarios

What it looks like to me is that the keeper may have thought the whistle was blown for a handling call and not a goal kick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yup,
These type of games bring out the strange scenarios

Sure looks like a goal to me. But I am not objective, like to hear what others think. The handling call was correct. IH thought it was hand ball, you could hear all the IH girls saying it at the time on the field.The sideline ref had flag up so think that might have been confused them. Very weird, mark it down as something I have never seen before watching soccer.

I’m good with the no goal , remember ball has to be entirely over the line , this is way closer to no goal then a goal

Sure looks like a goal to me. But I am not objective, like to hear what others think. The handling call was correct. IH thought it was hand ball, you could hear all the IH girls saying it at the time on the field.The sideline ref had flag up so think that might have been confused them. Very weird, mark it down as something I have never seen before watching soccer.
No way you can make that call as a goal or not a goal from the angle you're watching on that video.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk