Hamilton Badin vs Wyoming

D3
Mariemont vs Waynesville.

Locations TBD for Saturday.

I will go:
Mount Notre Dame 1-0 over Centerville.

Hamilton Badin 1-0 over Wyoming.

Waynesville 2-0 over Mariemont

2 of the 3 games are rematches where MND beat Centerville 1-0 and Waynesville beat Mariemont 4-1.

So here is my thoughts.
Centerville is better coached. Both have exceptional defenses and last game came down to a PK very late in the game. Gobrail makes some adjustments and figures it out.
Mariemont knows what Waynesville can do and Haney is a fantastic coach., I was told Waynesville was easily the best team the Warriors have faced all year. I think he'll make adjustments but it wont be enough.
The Badin/Wyoming game should be great battle. Both teams play tough defensively and both have keepers that make impressive fearless saves.. Wyoming has the better attack but I give the edge to undefeated for a reason Badin.

D1
Centerville vs Mount Notre Dame 1-0 in OT

D2
Badin vs Wyoming 1-0 in OT

D3
Mariemont vs Waynesville 2-1

Robbed how? Heard Badin goalie made a couple great saves. Is that what you mean?
dominated the whole game, few missed easy shots sure. And yes, badins goalie did well. But a few fouls missed in the box, and a handballs in scrums. Just hate seeing the better team lose.

Soccer can be an evil sport some times. Was not at Alter game, but listened. Did seem they had more chances and had a possession advantage. But that does not always win games. Badin is fantastic team with a great goalie. Good luck Rams win state!

I think MND wins in regular time, or overtime. If it goes to PKs, then the Elk‘s goalie wins it for them.
Badin‘s goalie shuts out Wyoming
Waynesville out scores Mariemont.

Both teams have had scoring opportunities tonight, MND hit the post crossbar and upright this half. MND seems to dominate early and the Lady Elks later in the half. 0-0 with 21 minutes left

MND hits the crossbar again, Elks need to mount some opportunities. Lady Elks get a corner kick with 12:00 left that sails too long. Still 0-0 with 11 minutes left

At the 4:10 mark of the overtime MND gets a goal to win 1-0 over the Elks. Great game with two great teams. Lady Elks finish as Regional Runner-Ups. Great season girls and thanks to the seniors for a great year!

Three 1-0 games to close out regionals, that’s when you know all the right teams made it.

I made the trek to Bellbrook to watch the Warriors with a friend. And selfishly see the matchup of Murphy and Erbach after missing the Moorman and Erbach match up on Tuesday. Truthfully I wasn’t disappointed.

Little miss Maddy was exceptional on the ball, she absolutely dominated the midfield and has remote control of the ball on her foot unlike anyone I’ve seen in years since probably Ravin Alexander. I don’t know what Mariemont is going to do without her. She was the standout on the Warrior side. 2 great chances for a goal on breakaways that she created by moves that ended with keeper saves. She is always open, has a deft touch and amazing field vision and a shot that belies her size. Murphy will go down as one of my all time favorite players to watch. She has outplayed her size for 4 years. Bitter sweet end for a truly special player. Though I expect she will flourish in college. She’s joining recent local CHL standout Jervier and a few other local studs already at EKU next year and is on the Hammer ECNL team this spring. Good luck Miss Murphy! You will be missed by Mariemont and HS soccer fans alike.
Erbach is a different level all together from anyone I’ve watched this year. She was man marked all night but created chances for herself and her team regardless and was probably their best defender as well. Countless dangerous balls played on the ground into space that went unfinished after received for one reason or another. She had many shots all on frame all created not handed to her including her goal. I watched her play club ball many years ago and last year on a live stream, But that young lady puts on a show, she was literally everywhere on the field.

It was a nice to end my in person soccer viewing season watching two of the best play the beautiful game. They even matched up head to head a few times. Side note Bellbrook has exceptional facilities, who would have thought that!

Last edited:
FInal 4

D1
New Albany vs Mount Notre Dame
Walsh Jesuit vs Anthony Wayne

D2
Wyoming vs Bexley
Chagrin Falls vs Rocky River

D3
Waynesville vs Winchester Eastern
Ottawa-Glandorf vs Doylestown Chippewa

dominated the whole game, few missed easy shots sure. And yes, badins goalie did well. But a few fouls missed in the box, and a handballs in scrums. Just hate seeing the better team lose.
Sounds like being the expert you are, you should take the OHSAA Course, get your green badge, & go replace all those incompetent officials who steal games from players you think deserved to win.......:rolleyes:

Ottawa Glandorf and Waynesville in D3 final.....Friday at 7pm. OG football is in the regional finals on Saturday so I assume that's why this one is Friday