Region 4 Championship: Archbishop Moeller (12-1) vs Lakota West (13-0)

Who wins

• Moeller by 17+

• Moeller by 8-16

• Moeller by 1-7

• West by 1-7

• West by 8-16

• West by 17+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Moeller and X take alot of kids from mason. For example, imagine Bockhorst and Hausemann playing for Mason - among many other kids that live in the Mason district. Mason gets alot out of there kids and often plays the eventual regional champion early on in playoffs.
Moeller and StX take just as many kids from Lakota if not more. Heck they take kids from all over the city. This excuse is getting old. Not too mention the Mason baseball team seems to figure it out.

Moeller and StX take just as many kids from Lakota if not more. Heck they take kids from all over the city. This excuse is getting old. Not too mention the Mason baseball team seems to figure it out.
I think it has alot to do with specific coaches and programs. Baseball is a completely different type of sport that is more indivdual than football.

Always curious about Moe/X take a lot of kids from Mason/Lakota. I really do not know the answer. What notable players on Moe came from Mason or Lakota on this year’s team? I am not talking about players living in the district who have gone to private schools their whole life. I am talking about kids who were there through eighth grade and then left for private.
Tennel Bryant was a Lakota East kid but choose to go to Moeller in 9th grade. As did Lamont Cox who is from West Chester. I believe there is 1 more and I know of 2 other sophomores from Mason who went to Moeller who will be contributing next season.

Tennel Bryant was a Lakota East kid but choose to go to Moeller in 9th grade. As did Lamont Cox who is from West Chester. I believe there is 1 more and I know of 2 other sophomores from Mason who went to Moeller who will be contributing next season.
Build it and they will come! GBM 💪 🏈

Build it and they will come! GBM 💪 🏈
I look at it like this having had a son play in GCL-South and GMC. Yes, kids leave the district for athletic and academic reasons. I will never begrudge a parent for doing what they THINK is in the best interest of their child. I will keep my comments related to football. Building a successful programs doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a ground up approach that has to be supported by the administration through hiring the right coaches and investment in the program. Kids in each public school district need a reason to stay. That reason is often defined by the type of system (offensive and defensive) they run, the ability of the coaching staff to develop/teach the game, and track record of winning and moving players to the next level (college). I see a lot of public school programs unwilling to make the necessary adjustments to keep a kid in district.

You might of made my point. Mason needs new Football Coaches Period!
They have had success since Castner was hired. 1 losing season in the past 12 years. For not recruiting kids to the district, that is pretty good. Talent level dictates succes over facilities and amount of players on the team. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. So I'd rather not argue. Bolden is the dual-threat QB in the state for this senior class, and it's not particularly close. Maybe Drew Novak from WB has a slight edge, but I would consider him more of a PP.
After reading this comment, I now understand how you think "Marshall is generational talent" and that this Moeller team could play with IMG, Mater Dei, etc...

Please find another QB that plays in as advanced of a scheme, can scramble and keep his eyes down field, run with power or make a defender miss against the top competition in the state week in and week out. He is slightly undersized. If he was 6'2 he would be going anywhere he wanted. And he still might.
He's not able to accurately complete a pass more than 7-8 yards down field-- so, he may keep his eyes down field when he scrambles (as you claim), but it doesn't matter, because he can't throw it where he's looking... and with his inaccuracy, I don't think it would matter if he were 6'5"-- he might be able to play at a Service academy, in a nearly all-run offense-- but, I'm not aware of ANY Division I college offers that he has right now... IMO, he is NOT a college Division I QB... X's O'Malley is actually notably better-- he can run it pretty well, and throw it (despite erratic spirals) substantially better-- as he proved in the matchup with LW.

Oh, and there is NOTHING "advanced" about LW's scheme-- in fact, rudimentary is the word that comes to mind, to describe it-- they basically have three plays (that work)-- hand-off to the Tailback, QB keeper, or delayed QB draw (after the QB pretends to be dropping back to pass)-- if the opposing team has a good run defense, that consistently stops those three plays, LW has no answer for what to do, to score points (or even move the ball).

He's not able to accurately complete a pass more than 7-8 yards down field-- so, he may keep his eyes down field when he scrambles (as you claim), but it doesn't matter, because he can't throw it where he's looking... and with his inaccuracy, I don't think it would matter if he were 6'5"-- he might be able to play at a Service academy, in a nearly all-run offense-- but, I'm not aware of ANY Division I college offers that he has right now... IMO, he is NOT a college Division I QB... X's O'Malley is actually notably better-- he can run it pretty well, and throw it (despite erratic spirals) substantially better-- as he proved in the matchup with LW.

Oh, and there is NOTHING "advanced" about LW's scheme-- in fact, rudimentary is the word that comes to mind, to describe it-- they basically have three plays (that work)-- hand-off to the Tailback, QB keeper, or delayed QB draw (after the QB pretends to be dropping back to pass)-- if the opposing team has a good run defense, that consistently stops those three plays, LW has no answer for what to do, to score points (or even move the ball).
Yet they still beat St X.

He is definitely a perfect fit for any of the three major service academies. He’s already received an offer from Army. He’s got offers from Marshall and Western Michigan as well. I will be curious if he even plays QB at the next level.

He is definitely a perfect fit for any of the three major service academies. He’s already received an offer from Army. He’s got offers from Marshall and Western Michigan as well. I will be curious if he even plays QB at the next level.
I do not foresee a Division I college (other than a nearly "all-run" offense, like the Service academies often use) trying to use him at QB-- it would be too hard to move the ball-- he's simply too inaccurate throwing the ball, to be a dual-threat at QB.

They have had success since Castner was hired. 1 losing season in the past 12 years. For not recruiting kids to the district, that is pretty good. Talent level dictates succes over facilities and amount of players on the team. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I will defend him to some degree, that if the administration allowed him to recruit or get out of district players he could have more success. For what he has, he has done fairly well and has a lot of kids playing college football. More than most coaches in the area which then begs the question if you have that talent why are you not seeing better results. Then I would point to the system run and being able to maximize your talent (putting players in the right place and getting the ball to your playmakers).

I try not to blame any kid. He is only doing what he is taught. The LW passing game is very rudimentary. It looks like there is 1 primary read and then look to run. Very limited.

Curious if you have watched any LW games other than against St. X. I would agree X got hosed on penalities and should have won that game. Bolden throwing picks did not help his team at all.

Interesting that defines success for the Mason program. No wonder the Comets have yet to win a conference championship or make a deep run in the playoffs.

Curious if you have watched any LW games other than against St. X. I would agree X got hosed on penalities and should have won that game. Bolden throwing picks did not help his team at all.
Both of your last two statements prove/support my point. He's NOT an accurate passer.

As for watching LW (and its QB) other than against X-- no, I have not-- but I've now seen him in ~5 games against X, over 3 years-- and he hasn't really made any progress-- he was every bit as inaccurate and limited as a senior as he was as a sophomore. I don't get why anyone would think he's one of the top QBs in Ohio this year-- or any of the past 3 years.

4GX comes out of the woodwork to hate on a high schooler again, god you really hate that kid don’t you 😂

Both of your last two statements prove/support my point. He's NOT an accurate passer.

As for watching LW (and its QB) other than against X-- no, I have not-- but I've now seen him in ~5 games against X, over 3 years-- and he hasn't really made any progress-- he was every bit as inaccurate and limited as a senior as he was as a sophomore. I don't get why anyone would think he's one of the top QBs in Ohio this year-- or any of the past 3 years.
Kid has like 8,000+ total yards and 100 touchdowns in Ohio Division 1. You definitely haven’t paid much attention to West because they have STRUGGLED with catching passes for 2 years but yes continue to bash the kid. I find it very strange that grown men just absolutely on high schoolers on here. Leave it be my dude.

4GX comes out of the woodwork to hate on a high schooler again, god you really hate that kid don’t you 😂
Nope-- but I do seriously dislike seeing coaches favor their sons for playing time and/or position, disadvantaging the chances of other players on their teams and (sometimes) handicapping the results of their teams... we will never know what these last few LW teams might have been able to accomplish, if another gifted athlete on those teams had been given a fair shot to play QB-- someone who might have been able to regularly complete a pass more than 7-8 yards down field.

Kid has like 8,000+ total yards and 100 touchdowns in Ohio Division 1. You definitely haven’t paid much attention to West because they have STRUGGLED with catching passes for 2 years but yes continue to bash the kid. I find it very strange that grown men just absolutely on high schoolers on here. Leave it be my dude.
I'm not "your dude"-- and I'm not "hating" (the current trendy synonym for the word I think you were trying to include in your post) on anyone. Calling a spade a spade is NOT "hating" on anyone-- anyone with even average knowledge of football and an open mind can see that LW's QB struggles to throw the ball accurately-- if you can't see that, then you're blind. Most of the LW QB's stats that you cite were run up against the really poor competition that LW faced in the majority of its intra-league games in the GMC-- against good competition, he was FAR below average throwing the ball.

Nope-- but I do seriously dislike seeing coaches favor their sons for playing time and/or position, disadvantaging the chances of other players on their teams and (sometimes) handicapping the results of their teams... we will never know what these last few LW teams might have been able to accomplish, if another gifted athlete on those teams had been given a fair shot to play QB-- someone who might have been able to regularly complete a pass more than 7-8 yards down field.
I’m a West Chester guy. Who else would have been better? Do you not realize how bad we were before Bolden? He has single handedly led this team to the regional finals…. 44 total touchdowns this year. You aren’t in this community, you don’t know anything more than being just a yappi poster? You are honestly clueless.

I'm not "your dude"-- and I'm not "hating" (the current trendy synonym for the word I think you were trying to include in your post) on anyone. Calling a spade a spade is NOT "hating" on anyone-- anyone with even average knowledge of football and an open mind can see that LW's QB struggles to throw the ball accurately-- if you can't see that, then you're blind. Most of the LW QB's stats that you cite were run up against the really poor competition that LW faced in the majority of its intra-league games in the GMC-- against good competition, he was FAR below average throwing the ball.
😂 you have got to be kidding me right? It’s very clear you don’t have much football knowledge at all.

I’m a West Chester guy. Who else would have been better? Do you not realize how bad we were before Bolden? He has single handedly led this team the the regional finals…. 44 total touchdowns this year. You aren’t in this community, you don’t know anything more than being just a yappi poster? You are honestly clueless.
Bolden the coach-- or Bolden the QB? Bolden the coach is the one who changed around the performance of the program. I believe that will continue AFTER Bolden the QB has departed. As I said, we will never know what might have happened, if one of those supremely talented defensive backs that LW has fielded over the last few years had been given a chance to do what Smoot did for Springfield, during the same time frame.

😂 you have got to be kidding me right? It’s very clear you don’t have much football knowledge at all.
The only thing that is very clear (as you have stated clearly in the past) is that you are close personal friends with the Bolden family--and have chosen to carry the water for the "Bolden is good QB" argument here-- many other unbiased observers here have posted that they view Bolden as a less than average passer as a QB.

Bolden the coach-- or Bolden the QB? Bolden the coach is the one who changed around the performance of the program. I believe that will continue AFTER Bolden the QB has departed. As I said, we will never know what might have happened, if one of those supremely talented defensive backs that LW has fielded over the last few years had been given a chance to do what Smoot did for Springfield, during the same time frame.
Oh Jesus 😂 you really don’t know football…. And to sit here and treat Smoot as if he was DB not a QB is ignorant. Is Lamar Jackson a “running back”?

The only thing that is very clear (as you have stated clearly in the past) is that you are close personal friends with the Bolden family--and have chosen to carry the water for the "Bolden is good QB" argument here-- many other unbiased observers here have posted that they view Bolden as a less than average passer as a QB.
Friend of the family is a stretch, I played under Bolden in ‘08, and moved out to West Chester after. Was glad to see him come out and help this program.

I’m a West Chester guy. Who else would have been better? Do you not realize how bad we were before Bolden? He has single handedly led this team to the regional finals…. 44 total touchdowns this year. You aren’t in this community, you don’t know anything more than being just a yappi poster? You are honestly clueless.
The answer is no one would’ve been better. I’ve seen the 3 guys on JV. Not even close. It will be interesting to see what they do next year. Of course someone could transfer in. That seems to be everyone’s quick fix. But they’ll have other issues on offense to like replacing the almost the entire o line and I look like to see them find a reliable option at tailback. They really had none this year as Lloyd and Wilson who were wideouts also got a lot of the carries at RB.