Region 23 Playoffs

937Football

Round 1
8 Sherwood Fairview @ 1 Lima Central Catholic
7 Harrod Allen east @ 2 Liberty Center
6 Coldwater @ 3 Archbold
5 Anna @ 4 Minster

Who's going to win this Brutal region? Can Fairview or Allen East win? Which Coldwater team will show up @ Archbold? Two MAC Champs going at it week 11 @Minster in front of a large crowd.

Friday night weather should be a degree or two above freezing but not much wind. Will the cold alter some game plans to run the ball more?

Friday night weather should be a degree or two above freezing but not much wind. Will the cold alter some game plans to run the ball more?
I say Minster by a score. 28-21. Cats will challenge Anna with pass and play action. Anna hasn’t seen any team other than ML with this much balance on offense. If Minster can shut down run which is a tall order, Anna is not the best passing team. Decent but their weakest point on offense it all runs thru RB and QB and they are good. Minster is a strong team and they keep getting better every week.

LCC by 7 over Fairview. I think this will be a close, but high scoring game with a lot of excitement

Allen East by 14 over Liberty Center. LC wont be able to stop short passi g or running QB

Anna by 3 over Minster in a barn burner! Fun game to watch

Coldwater by 20 over Archbold. Coldwater regroups abd has their way with Archbold

Allen East by 14 over Liberty Center. LC wont be able to stop short passi g or running QB
I've been wondering more how AE is going to stop Liberty's run attack. In the 3 closest games AE has had, they have given up (223, 270, 207) yards rushing and have been almost doubled up, doubled up and tripled up in time of possession. Liberty averaged over 250 yards rushing that sets up a very efficient passing game against much better competition. Liberty has faced 3 very good running QB's this year and hasn't had trouble. Evergreen and Patrick Henry QB's avg over 100 per game and Archbold over 80.

I disagree. They have arguably the toughest playoff schedule possible. A loss along the way wouldn't be a monumental upset.
but this is their best team ever, and with so many graduating it will be a l o n g while.

They will have to beat Minster of course, then LCC (doable) and then Liberty Center/Archbold. I can see all of that coming into play.

I agree LC is def favored and probably will win the game but let’s not act the NWOAL has been a powerhouse recently. PH won the league last year and went 0-4 outside of the conference.
Last year, PH had their best player at safety weeks 1-3 then moved him back to Nose and went 7-0 before running into the eventual state champs 1st round(side note they put up more points on them than anyone else) the point is that the NWOAL is a little bigger and better competition than the NWC.
But, if out of conference is the measuring point of a league these are the top 4 teams in the NWOAL this year: 12-0
LC
6-4 Tinora
5-5 Napoleon
6-4 Otsego
Archbold
6-4 Hicksville
4-6 Lake
9-1 Liberty Benton
Wauseon
9-1 Fairview
6-4 Tinora
5-5 Napoleon
PH
4-6 Lake
4-6 Wayne Trace
7-3 Columbus Grove

LCC in a game that may have 80 combined points
Archbold in a tight one
Anna - Minster is a toss up in my mind
LC over AE....and it's probably not close....probably 20+

I really hope we do get back on track tonight. It's not like us to play badly and it's not like Archbold is going to do anything we haven't seen this season. If we get pressure with our front 7 tonight, we'll put ourselves in a position to win.

Hope Everyone can stay healthy tonight so we can have the best games moving forward in this region. Excited to see the Anna/Minster game tonight. Good luck to the other 6 Teams, tonight we will learn how tough this region is going to be the next two weeks. Safe travels for the teams and all fans.

Last edited:
but this is their best team ever, and with so many graduating it will be a l o n g while.

They will have to beat Minster of course, then LCC (doable) and then Liberty Center/Archbold. I can see all of that coming into play.
It's absolutely doable.

However, the field has better odds than Anna.

I've been wondering more how AE is going to stop Liberty's run attack. In the 3 closest games AE has had, they have given up (223, 270, 207) yards rushing and have been almost doubled up, doubled up and tripled up in time of possession. Liberty averaged over 250 yards rushing that sets up a very efficient passing game against much better competition. Liberty has faced 3 very good running QB's this year and hasn't had trouble. Evergreen and Patrick Henry QB's avg over 100 per game and Archbold over 80.
PH didnt have Holloway against LC and that allowed LC to focus on the run. I look at what Bryan did and feel like AE will run a similar gameplan. LC has small db's and gives recievers a big cushion...easy to exploit for short yardage all day.

Also, PH lost their r.b., Morrow, just prior to halftime so L.C. was able to focus on containing their dual threat qb Rhamey.

DVI just let out a huge sigh of relief as Coldwater, Minster and LCC all lost.... Followed by a huge gasp from the whoopin Anna dealt out.
Anna has a very good team. Game was closer than score showed. Minster had a chance down by 7 got a stop then jumped offsides on punt. First down for Anna and then they scored. They are as good as advertised. I would be shocked if they don’t win it all this year. The RB and QB are the real deal.