Referee misconduct??

Now we that we are tanning the dead horse.
What do contributors to this forum think about Gable Stevenson’s taunting of Mason Parris in the 3rd period of his B10 Champ match?
The referee was too afraid to do his job and hit Stevenson for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Now we that we are tanning the dead horse.
What do contributors to this forum think about Gable Stevenson’s taunting of Mason Parris in the 3rd period of his B10 Champ match?
I assumed he was talking to him about his “you can’t run forever” social media post

Paris called him out on Twitter for not wrestling at an earlier event. Up to a point a little show boating can be fun.

How does an Official “influence how a kid Wrestles” after the completion of the Match? Was this Officials “opinion” negative or just honest? Was anyone upset with this Official besides you? Last but not least, seems like this Official “calls” a pretty good Wrestling match.
Your first question about influence after the match is simple to answer, this incident took place in the quarterfinals and this kid advanced to the finals. There was a possibility this kid was going to have this referee in the semifinals or finals.

You asked if anyone else had a problem with this official: I was not going to bring this up but since you asked, I don't believe anyone left Saturday morning districts without noticing this referee and all the criticism he was receiving from the fans and coaches and none of it had to do with the incident this thread is about.

Last edited:
Your first question about influence after the match is simple to answer, this incident took place in the quarterfinals and this kid advanced to the finals. There was a possibility this kid was going to have this referee in the semifinals or finals.

You asked if anyone else had a problem with this official: I was not going to bring this up but since you asked, I don't believe anyone left Saturday morning districts without noticing this referee and all the criticism he was receiving from the fans and coaches and none of it had to do with the incident this thread is about.

This thread has gone on so many tangents, it is hard to keep track of all of them. I have not seen anyone, ,myself included, say that a referee should say what you said he said. I think the main point was unless you directly heard him, something can easily be taken out of context. I have a son who is about to start high school next year, and you would not believe the spin he can put on a message I relay to him, or how out of context he can take something I say to him.

In general, a ref is not supposed to coach anybody. I umpired a baseball game and a team pulled a hidden-ball trick. Coach whose team fell for it yelled at me that it was bush league. And I simply said to him, "coach, my job is to enforce the rules, not judge them" and that was it.

There is zero reason to disparage a kid for winning by 15 takedowns. My only thing is he may have said something about a comment the wrestler made, or an action (I referenced a kid flashing a grin for the photographer, something along those lines) and then the kid came off the mat saying he gave me crap for destroying that guy.

This thread has gone on so many tangents, it is hard to keep track of all of them. I have not seen anyone, ,myself included, say that a referee should say what you said he said. I think the main point was unless you directly heard him, something can easily be taken out of context. I have a son who is about to start high school next year, and you would not believe the spin he can put on a message I relay to him, or how out of context he can take something I say to him.

In general, a ref is not supposed to coach anybody. I umpired a baseball game and a team pulled a hidden-ball trick. Coach whose team fell for it yelled at me that it was bush league. And I simply said to him, "coach, my job is to enforce the rules, not judge them" and that was it.

There is zero reason to disparage a kid for winning by 15 takedowns. My only thing is he may have said something about a comment the wrestler made, or an action (I referenced a kid flashing a grin for the photographer, something along those lines) and then the kid came off the mat saying he gave me crap for destroying that guy.
This incident had zero effect on the kid and he went on to win districts and will have a great state tournament.

Truth be told, the only reason I've put so much effort in keeping this going is, this referee was accused throughout the entire tournament of being blatantly biased when officiating a particular group of kids.... I'll give you one example I saw with my own eyes..This kid goes out and score 6 takedowns in the 1st period. With 10 seconds left, he scores his last takedown and was on top for a total of 9 seconds before this referee hit him for stalling. Take a minute and read that again before commenting.... 6 takedowns first period, on top for 9 seconds and he's hit for stalling with 1 second left in the first period by this referee. Yes I have the video and that's exactly what happened. Sounds a little fishy huh??

I had a kid take a kid down with a double, get called for pulling fingers during a mat return, running a kid out of bounds and stalling in the first 8 seconds of a match. He was down 3-2, had a stalling call and had a takedown. IN 8 seconds. Lol It was truly unreal. The ref had thrown the kid out of a tournament when he was younger and it just went on and on. It was in the round of 8 in the state duals in a swing match near the end of the dual. The whole dual was garbage calls