Reds "nicknames" around the office...

I wonder if anyone knows his real name. He was genuinely upset then, unlike he ever had been before.

Yeah, he was really upset and took things that usually rolled off his back very personally, so I was thinking his prognosis was pretty poor. I truly felt bad upsetting him, as it certainly wasn't personal.

I'm guessing Colerain guys know him. He used to do the stat book at Colerain games as I recall.

What happened with you and bcf Ep?

I was teasing him like everyone does to each other on here and he just snapped. He mentioned he had received a bad prognosis and I shouldn't be giving people a hard time because I don't know what they are going through. I don't think I did anything beyond the ordinary razzing he and I always engaged in, but obviously he was understandably very upset and emotional over his health. I felt badly and apologized, but he never responded.

I did not care for Chris Berman the last 10 years or so. He became an arrogant, loud, self-involved celebrity. But in the early years of ESPN he was the best - on all the baseball highlights he came up with brilliant baseball nicknames. I'm sure I forget most of them, but my favorites included:
- Bert "Be Home" Blyleven
- Rick "See ya later" Aguilera
- Todd "Mercedes" Benzinger
- Jeff "Brown Paper" Bagwell
- Von "purple" Hayes

That was the main reason I started watching ESPN in the 80's. It was great....

edited: found a few more on a web site

Oddibe "Young Again" McDowell
Chuck "New Kids on" Knoublach
Jose "Blame it on" Rijo
Bernard "innocent until proven" Gilkey
Alan "have gun will" Trammell

Outstanding...

Last edited:
Need to arrange a get together at PHC between Pboy, Barrett Cohen, H&G and Big Pun then videotape the entire thing.

Need that Pops nickname thread again
Sorry for the delay everyone
A few nicknames sputtered around the office:

Adam Orangutang
Orlan DOOOO
Bran DON
Bloody Gomes
Hot Rolen
Lieutenant Drew(Stubbs) after Lieutenant Dan from Forest Gump
Joey Veeeeee
Bruce ALMIGHTY
Hurt-again
A few more....

Travis Wood "Chuck"
Mike Lincoln "Abe"
Johnny Cueto "Quaalude"

Go Reds! Good Luck 2nd half! FINISH STRONG!

Adam Orangutan and BranDon are killing me.

Trip down memory lane. Main event, duke silver, drod, recently, jim lahey, lancers2008, philadelphia collins, clyde frog and that d bag Turpin. Just a minefield of cooling off posters

Last edited:
Btw is Yellow Jacket actually 14red? Both are big on the BronsON and BronsOFF Screenshot_20200227-072118_Chrome.jpg

There was supposed to be two screen shots in that post where they both referenced the nicknames years apart. I truly believe 14red isnt real and has to be trollong us. Nobody could be that bad for so long.

I would love for it to be someone on here or just a troll bc I really think we could be witneasing the internet at its greatest. Ken M style posting

There was supposed to be two screen shots in that post where they both referenced the nicknames years apart. I truly believe 14red isnt real and has to be trollong us. Nobody could be that bad for so long.

I would love for it to be someone on here or just a troll bc I really think we could be witneasing the internet at its greatest. Ken M style posting
Both of us have been saying this for years. It's impossible for somebody to have an insane opinion on literally everything, but still have decent spelling and grammar.

I've never been convinced. It's hard to see anyone putting that much time and effort into such an elaborate troll job.