Reddit/Wall Street Bets

PURPLE REIGN

Anyone else paying attention to this? Hedge fund bet GameStop, AMC, etc. stock was going to go down, individual traders (mostly from the subreddit /r/wallstreetbets) all got together and bought it to bankrupt the hedge funds and it's working for now. In fact, Hedge Funds have been forced to buy back in, which has driven these stocks through the roof. Incredible!

Anyone else paying attention to this? Hedge fund bet GameStop, AMC, etc. stock was going to go down, individual traders (mostly from the subreddit /r/wallstreetbets) all got together and bought it to bankrupt the hedge funds and it's working for now. In fact, Hedge Funds have been forced to buy back in, which has driven these stocks through the roof. Incredible!

It’s a cute story, but HF have way, way, way, way more resources. This is not a war the Redditors can win.

Sure, but they certainly are making them sweat and its nice to see the little guy win every once in awhile.
I listened to FOX Business all day today on Sirius and the old school wallstreeters are dunging bricks over this. My impression is some Hedge Fund managers must have pissed off someone and they found a way to "F'em"

Last edited:
You don’t f with Hedge Fund manager $. Those people own our politicians. And maybe they’re not breaking the law now, but what happens when the IRS is auditing you every 3 months or the SEC takes away your laptop for “examination” for an indefinite period of time? They’re having fun now, but they pissed off the wrong people.

You don’t f with Hedge Fund manager $. Those people own our politicians. And maybe they’re not breaking the law now, but what happens when the IRS is auditing you every 3 months or the SEC takes away your laptop for “examination” for an indefinite period of time? They’re having fun now, but they pissed off the wrong people.

Yep, there are rules for the ruling class, hedge funds, politicians bankers etc. then there are rules for the rest of us. The people who make the rules, profit from those who do not. We are truly a oligarchy and willing to throw in prison anyone who thinks they deserve the same rights as the establishment.
Martha Stewart is one example, what she did is is not legal, unless you are a politician....not only is it legal, it is the norm.
Of course it is now a racist white nationalist thing to go against wall street...who would have guessed?

7F9005BD-AEE9-4FC0-8BE2-82F7B3EDEBEB.jpeg

Yep, there are rules for the ruling class, hedge funds, politicians bankers etc. then there are rules for the rest of us. The people who make the rules, profit from those who do not. We are truly a oligarchy and willing to throw in prison anyone who thinks they deserve the same rights as the establishment.
Martha Stewart is one example, what she did is is not legal, unless you are a politician....not only is it legal, it is the norm.
Of course it is now a racist white nationalist thing to go against wall street...who would have guessed?
I know it’s cliched to say our politicians are bought & paid, but if you didn’t notice, banks (including Hedge Funds managed by the banks) are major donors to every Presidential candidate for a reason. This isn’t some Q/4 Chan conspiracy bulls**t, it’s all right in the open. And they’re not just annoying these HF mgrs, they’re costing them billions.

Thursday and Friday are supposed to pretty wild. Stay tuned. Check the link below.
One Pissed Off Investor Seeking Revenge

Robinhood isn't letting anyone buy GME or AMC and there are reports coming out that they are selling people's shares without them knowing. This is effing crazy.

Robinhood isn't letting anyone buy GME or AMC and there are reports coming out that they are selling people's shares without them knowing. This is effing crazy.
I bought some last night and I woke up with a message from RH saying that I cancelled my order. Seems rigged.

This is like seeing a bunch of adults realize there’s no Santa. I won’t say the market is “rigged” but there’s a large competitive imbalance on a lot of levels.

You can absolutely make $ as active investor, even if you’re not an expert. However, the Hedge Funds are operating on such a larger scale, you can’t compete with them directly.

I’m kind of disappointed AMC Entertainment is blocked. I’d be interested in investing some in that regardless of this Reddit thing.

Eventually movie theaters will rebound in some form, even if they have to adapt.

I’m kind of disappointed AMC Entertainment is blocked. I’d be interested in investing some in that regardless of this Reddit thing.

Eventually movie theaters will rebound in some form, even if they have to adapt.

Problem is during COVID production companies have figured out they can make pretty good money just releasing to stream. A big reason people went to theaters was because that was the only place to see it...if they're streamed at the same time it'll kill the theaters. Some will still go for the experience but it'll never be the same.

Problem is during COVID production companies have figured out they can make pretty good money just releasing to stream. A big reason people went to theaters was because that was the only place to see it...if they're streamed at the same time it'll kill the theaters. Some will still go for the experience but it'll never be the same.

It will bounce back in time. I’d be willing to drop $100-$200 while it’s super low to see how it rebounds in the long run.

It will bounce back in time. I’d be willing to drop $100-$200 while it’s super low to see how it rebounds in the long run.

So it'll bounce back to $7 a share where it was hovering a year ago? Which had been losing money over the last few years? It's currently at $11.29 in after hours trading. Probably not the best investment

So it'll bounce back to $7 a share where it was hovering a year ago? Which had been losing money over the last few years? It's currently at $11.29 in after hours trading. Probably not the best investment

Which is why I said $100.

No ones pretending it’s a sure bet.

I recommend the book "Flash Boys" by the author of "Money Ball." It explains how the small investor has no chance against computers making trades in .0005 of a second.
Which is why many traders use computers as close to the physical market location as possible. That split second difference can mean the difference between filling an order or missing out.

Saw a 60 minutes special on this topic of computer speed and trading advantage about 10 years ago.

This has been interesting to watch. It is tell tale though. Last Friday when GME was up 50% they put a stop on the stock for a brief time. When they opened it back up it started dropping. So when the stock is dropping then Wallstreet doesn't say a thing but when it starts to spike up they put the brakes on. It's so fixed. The Hedge Funders still have a load of shorts on GME that are more than the number of shares outstanding so this is not over. This could go on for awhile, it will be interesting to watch.

Last edited:
This has been interesting to watch. It is tell tale though. Lasdt Friday when GME was up 50% they put a stop on the stock for a brief time. When they opened it back up it started droping. So when the stock is dropping the Wallstreet doesn't say a thing but when it starts to spike up they put the brakes on. It's so fixed. The Hedge Funders still have a load of shorts on GME that are more than the number of shares outstanding so this is not over. This could go on for awhile, it will be interesting to watch.
Pump and dumps usually have a couple (dead cat) bounces. That’s when the really stupid people jump in thinking, hey we’re back! Those people lose their shirts.

Pump and dumps usually have a couple (dead cat) bounces. That’s when the really stupid people jump in thinking, hey we’re back! Those people lose their shirts.
You're right but you also haven't been following this one closely. This is really an attack on Hedge Fund managment and the manipulation they've been getting away with for years.

I would agree this is really a word of mouth attack on the hedge funds. I don't think this idea is going away. There will be plenty of people who get dinged badly financially along the way, but they will periodically hurt the hedge funds and even tank some of them that are overstretched on certain short positions along the way.