Recreational Golf 2020

Got to think it will be a bumpy ride for courses again this summer. While it is a good social distancing game many folks will be broke and will not be able to afford to play that much. I do know short term the south is getting killed at the end of March and into April. I had a buddy who wanted to go to Myrtle and take advantage of dirt cheap rates but I just cannot justify the drive and risking catching something at a hotel while living on frozen dinners because all the restaurants are closed.

Got to think it will be a bumpy ride for courses again this summer. While it is a good social distancing game many folks will be broke and will not be able to afford to play that much. I do know short term the south is getting killed at the end of March and into April. I had a buddy who wanted to go to Myrtle and take advantage of dirt cheap rates but I just cannot justify the drive and risking catching something at a hotel while living on frozen dinners because all the restaurants are closed.
Some locals have been out already. That said, Myrtle Beach was just locked down as was NC (thru April). Isn't golf essential?

I am on the email for several courses and a member at two courses. Earlier in the week, I received emails that the courses were open. Yesterday, I received some emails that some were closed until further notice. Turkeyfoot said that the clubhouse was open and that you could pay online, but that no carts were available. It looks to be chilly this week, though. Hopefully Sleepy Hollow in Alliance will be open.

Lorain County courses and clubs received word this morning from county Health to close. It's apparently statewide. Order is through April 6th for now, like schools and restaurants. Most expect at least another week, if not a month.

Marion country club notified by email today that they were not an essential business and were closed.

Yes Avon Oaks sent out info that they were reopening, but not for a couple days due to the rain last two nights.

going to 15 minute tee intervals and not allowed to stay after round.

Just to be clear, golf courses are OK, but if the golf course has a driving range, putting or practice green, those might not be OK.

Idiots.
That's nuts. Players seem to be distancing each other on the range and no-one putts to the same practice green hole. Give us some credit. ?

That's nuts. Players seem to be distancing each other on the range and no-one putts to the same practice green hole. Give us some credit. ?
This is just a small and not very important example of why big government is always a bad idea.

Saw Bob O LInk in Avon remains closed, but other courses around here appear to be open. Some with golf cars, some without.

I played Sleepy Hollow in Alliance on Saturday and Sunday. By myself on Saturday and with a buddy on Sunday. We used separate carts and stayed 6 feet from each other. There were a lot of people out both days and I couldn't believe how many were in carts together.

For those that have played in NEO how wet are the courses? Also, how do you navigate the pins and rakes?

For those that have played in NEO how wet are the courses? Also, how do you navigate the pins and rakes?

Sleepy wasn't wet. There are no rakes in the traps. Sleepy had a piece of foam at the bottom of the pin, blocking the ball from going in.

The local dog track, Highland Park, was absolutely jammed this past Saturday to the point that they were turning away players. Good for them that they were getting $s but there was very little social distancing going on as their employees are worthless and didn't enforce much of anything.

The local dog track, Highland Park, was absolutely jammed this past Saturday to the point that they were turning away players. Good for them that they were getting $s but there was very little social distancing going on as their employees are worthless and didn't enforce much of anything.

I played Sleepy Hollow on Saturday and Sunday. I waited until later in the day, so it would be warmer. Saturday was pretty busy and Sunday was busy, but not bad.

I may try to head out an afternoon or two this week.

It wasn't jam-packed, but there was action on the 2 golf courses I rolled past on Saturday: Spring Hills b/w Clinton and Barberton, Chippewa next to Rt. 21 b/w Doylestown and Clinton. Granted, this was in the evening, so many would've already played and gone home for dinner by then.

How crowded are the courses near the PA border?

Last edited: