Recommend a Streaming Series

Saves by the Bell rebootquel on Peacock.

Good if you grew up on the original but at the same time I felt letdown with the season overall. The first episode is great and everything you’d want it to be. After that though the original cast is mostly just there for a punchline and wasted moments. Especially Zack and Kelly (who’s son is also the weak link of the young cast). Mario Lopez is the only original cast member with any kind of character development.

The young cast is good and they definitely seemed to make this more for teens than fans of the original.

John Michael Higgins is the glue that keeps it all together.

Just started watching Pennyworth on Epix. It's not the "old" Pennyworth that was set in the 1920's, but now it's set in the 1950's with a lot of scenes from the earlier series.

Are you still watching.... I have about 6 more weeks left of Epix before it is gone and was not sure if I wanted to indulge.

Saw the commercials. I don't think I get the concept.

And it’s hard to explain.

Essentially Wanda has the power to create alternate realities. Whether that’s what’s going on or there’s something bigger at play, we don’t know. We’re led to believe on the surface that this is her creating an alternate reality where she and Vision can live happily ever after, despite him having died in the movies. There’s certainly a twist coming though.

They are following the format of classic sitcoms from the past. So there is an episode where it resembles an episode of bewitched, Dick Van Dyke, Roseanne, full house, and I think I heard modern family. Each episode takes place in a different decade of TV. But at the same time there’s a mystery unfolding in the background of what’s really going on that ties into the overall Marvel universe.

They apparently even go so far as including fake old style commercials, that include clues as to what’s really going on in the background as a whole

Last edited:
There is also a New series on Disney+ called marvel legends, that goes through the history of each character in the MCU to date. Naturally, the first ones they started with were Wanda and vision, so people who aren’t familiar with the MCU can get caught up and watch the new WandaVision show that came out today.

There is also a New series on Disney+ called marvel legends, that goes through the history of each character in the MCU to date. Naturally, the first ones they started with were Wanda and vision, so people who aren’t familiar with the MCU can get caught up and watch the new WandaVision show that came out today.

I watched the Legends bits and it is actually a nice feature. These are great re-freshers leading into a series to help catch up for fans that are not too deep into the back stories. Other franchises with large casts would be wise to have a similar feature so folks that are not too deep into a series can enjoy a new series a little better.

I'm guessing there are not too many classical dance fans on this site but the Disney + On Pointe series has been fascinating to watch. The parallels with youth club sports culture are right on with the School of American ballet preceding IMG Sports Academy as a national destination for the top youth talent in a particular field. No Dance Moms drama either, this is basically regular people with kids that have aspirations and the "it" factor to be successful in the art form. I also find fascinating the parallels to the judgmental aspect of the body form and size with club sports, in one scene a boy is just killing it in all aspects of the tryout but the person selecting talent says he is too tall and is cut, basically his dream ends right there. How many times do you hear about a football player excelling in HS but has no offers because his "measurables" are not there?

Hunters in Amazon Prime can be pretty binge worthy. Al Pacino and a pretty good cast. "Inspired by true events, HUNTERS follows a diverse band of Nazi Hunters in 1977 New York City who discover that hundreds of escaped Nazis are living in America. And so, they do what any bad-arse vigilante squad would do: they set out on a bloody quest for revenge and justice."

And it’s hard to explain.

Essentially Wanda has the power to create alternate realities. Whether that’s what’s going on or there’s something bigger at play, we don’t know. We’re led to believe on the surface that this is her creating an alternate reality where she and Vision can live happily ever after, despite him having died in the movies. There’s certainly a twist coming though.

They are following the format of classic sitcoms from the past. So there is an episode where it resembles an episode of bewitched, Van Dyke, Roseanne, full house, and I think I heard modern family. Each episode takes place in a different decade of TV. But at the same time there’s a mystery unfolding in the background of what’s really going on that ties into the overall Marvel universe.

They apparently even go so far as including fake old style commercials, that include clues as to what’s really going on in the background as a whole

explained very well thank you. Could be entertaining. Certainly gives the actors something to do.

Since no one else has mentioned it I will jump in on the Queens Gambit. I think it is worth the time and enjoyed it. Here are a couple takes>

Positives: Acting is **** with all players nailing their roles from the lead down to the various folks she comes into contact with. Sets and period costumes are at a Mad Men level. Scorsese level of using tunes to help set a scene.

Negatives: Not many. The plot sometimes drags and does have some cliché points. The girl power note gets hit a little hard at times but then again there are no guys trying to rape her or some conservative dragon mom controlling in the background so I take that as a win in these times.

Shonda Rhimes new Netflix venture the Bridgertons has kept me interested (might have to give up my Man card).

Gave Wandavision a try last night. Got to say so far I'm not getting it, I hope it picks up but so far it feels like a bad SNL parody. Also I don't think I have ever seen a TV series that has 6 minutes of credits, there is only 20ish minutes of content per episode so far. Supposedly there are plot line hints meshed into all these credits but F that if I am plugging through all this copy to pick up a couple tidbits.

Gave Wandavision a try last night. Got to say so far I'm not getting it, I hope it picks up but so far it feels like a bad SNL parody. Also I don't think I have ever seen a TV series that has 6 minutes of credits, there is only 20ish minutes of content per episode so far. Supposedly there are plot line hints meshed into all these credits but F that if I am plugging through all this copy to pick up a couple tidbits.

I think ultimately this will be a series better binged once all 9 episodes are released.

Here's an old one my wife and I have been binging on the past couple weeks:

Breaking Bad - Netflix

It was a series that ran from 2008 through 2013 about a high school chemistry teacher diagnosed with cancer who becomes a Meth cook. Crazy dung is always happening to him and the young ex student he's got as a partner.

I started that one because it was really popular. Stopped and never picked it up again. I don't remember if I got distracted and forgot to go back or just wasn't entertained. Maybe it hit just a little too close to home.

Just finished season 1 of The Witcher. I was surprised at how good it was. Not only do they do an excellent job of world building but the series is fun and not nearly as cheesy as I thought it would be. If you liked Game of Thrones you'll like The Witcher.

Just started season 1 (there are 2 seasons) of Marco Polo on Netflix. It's outstanding with big time production values. It covers an interesting historical period.

Watching The Blacklist currently. James Spader is perfect for the Reddington role. About a former high ranking US military member who defected and went rouge selling the US secrets to the highest bidder. Turns himself in to the FBI the same day a new FBI profiler starts. Together, along with a discrete FBI task force, they take down high level terrorists, criminals, etc.

I liked Blacklist a lot, until I didn't. Haven't seen an episode since. From me that's not really an indictment. They probably killed off or became a social statement I didn't care for. I've turned off of more than one series that way. Designated Survivor, Sense8 come to mind. Holmes another, killed off a character and storyline I liked. Just me that does that?

I liked Blacklist a lot, until I didn't. Haven't seen an episode since. From me that's not really an indictment. They probably killed off or became a social statement I didn't care for. I've turned off of more than one series that way. Designated Survivor, Sense8 come to mind. Holmes another, killed off a character and storyline I liked. Just me that does that?

Not at all. I'm blanking on the show at the moment, but there's a relatively popular show that ran for 8-9 seasons. I really enjoyed the first 5 or 6 seasons. Couldn't watch after that and haven't returned to it since. It's going to irritate me all day until I remember.

Not at all. I'm blanking on the show at the moment, but there's a relatively popular show that ran for 8-9 seasons. I really enjoyed the first 5 or 6 seasons. Couldn't watch after that and haven't returned to it since. It's going to irritate me all day until I remember.

my job is done here. :D