Recommend a Streaming Series

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
I just finished the first season of "Ragnarok" on Netflix. I was really impressed with the show. I'm not a big fan of Superhero movies from DC and Marvel. IMO, this show is closer to what I think Superhero shows should be like.

Omar

Hunters in Amazon Prime can be pretty binge worthy. Al Pacino and a pretty good cast. "Inspired by true events, HUNTERS follows a diverse band of Nazi Hunters in 1977 New York City who discover that hundreds of escaped Nazis are living in America. And so, they do what any bad-arse vigilante squad would do: they set out on a bloody quest for revenge and justice."
Yep, the victims of the Holocaust were a diverse bunch.

Steel Valley FB

I’m in middle of Vinyl currently on HBOmax about a fictional record label in NYC. It’s pretty good with some great scenes and music, but mixed in with some slow boring scenes and some music I don't care for. The reason I point this out is because, unlike typical series, Vinyl will play a whole song showing the artist (actor). So, it can be awesome or fast-forward type stuff.

Has anyone seen Vinyl? I’m assuming it’s several years old.

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Thanks to HBO Max I can now recommend Person of Interest.
I really enjoyed this show. It was one of those shows that had a solid thread throughout the series but you could watch individual episodes without feeling lost*.

*No pun intended...Ben/Harold

hubman

I really enjoyed this show. It was one of those shows that had a solid thread throughout the series but you could watch individual episodes without feeling lost*.

*No pun intended...Ben/Harold
I was so sad when this went off the air, only thing that got me through the next tv season was This is Us ( I know two drastically different shows).

eastisbest

Having missed most of the last 2 decades of tv, I hadn't heard of the show but took the recommendation. Cavisiel not my favorite actor but the show has been solid. Slowly building a solid Scooby Gang. Making sure there's enough back-story for the characters to justify their superhero abilities. I'm already on the 9th ep of season 1, Finch is still a mystery. They're building that one pretty good. Gives a watcher a chance to pick up clues and then see how they do when (if) the reveal comes around. Thanks Hubman.

hubman

Having missed most of the last 2 decades of tv, I hadn't heard of the show but took the recommendation. Cavisiel not my favorite actor but the show has been solid. Slowly building a solid Scooby Gang. Making sure there's enough back-story for the characters to justify their superhero abilities. I'm already on the 9th ep of season 1, Finch is still a mystery. They're building that one pretty good. Gives a watcher a chance to pick up clues and then see how they do when (if) the reveal comes around. Thanks Hubman.
Ahh episode 9 that was a good one. I'm almost jealous that you get to see it with brand new eyes. I am still trying to figure out how I never managed to see Taraji Henson walking across campus back in the day before she made it big, ahh but I didn't come home empty handed at least.

Omar

I’m in middle of Vinyl currently on HBOmax about a fictional record label in NYC. It’s pretty good with some great scenes and music, but mixed in with some slow boring scenes and some music I don't care for. The reason I point this out is because, unlike typical series, Vinyl will play a whole song showing the artist (actor). So, it can be awesome or fast-forward type stuff.

Has anyone seen Vinyl? I’m assuming it’s several years old.
Yeah, I saw it when first came out and liked it. I thought it had a lot of potential to gain traction in the following seasons. I think it was cancelled bc it was just too expensive for the ratings it was bringing in.