Reclassification of XC Done!

OHSAA still needs to officially reclassify XC as low/non-contact, but it's only a matter of time until that happens now that the state government has done so.

The real question is did the government move it to no contact or did they forget to add it to list. The next hurdle is getting the mandatory testing 72 hours before contests removed or else it is not going to matter as testing is harder to get done in this time frame and the cost involved will not be feasible for schools.

Isn't the testing only for contact sports? It would end the season for football, soccer and others, but if we're non-contact I wouldn't think it would affect us.

Ain't no way, no how, that timely testing is going to be done on thousands of athletes weekly. Pure fantasy put in the language by lawyers in insurance companies that will pull any coverage of OHSAA activities based on that language. Another result of our asinine legal system.

Asinine everything. Not sure where I posted it, but I was in North Royalton yesterday and there was a petition being walked around Demanding that School be in person. Demanding that Football be allowed to be played without restrictions. Saying kids couldn't be tested for Covid. (I have no idea the legitimacy of the petitions or if they got any support at all or if it was one guy that fizzled out after 30 minutes, but he was out there going door to door.) I found the entire thing odd, but it was football specific for being allowed to play and no kids would be allowed to be tested. Nothing about other sports. At least the 10 seconds I let it go on until I said I'm not a resident. Where is the common ground for all of us? How do we get kids back in school and playing sports and all the other stuff they should be doing? My hope was that we work to get numbers down to something we can test and trace and manage and we would be ok. Doesn't seem to look like we can do that. Now lawyers. It will never happen if lawyers are involved.

Asinine everything. Not sure where I posted it, but I was in North Royalton yesterday and there was a petition being walked around Demanding that School be in person. Demanding that Football be allowed to be played without restrictions. Saying kids couldn't be tested for Covid. (I have no idea the legitimacy of the petitions or if they got any support at all or if it was one guy that fizzled out after 30 minutes, but he was out there going door to door.) I found the entire thing odd, but it was football specific for being allowed to play and no kids would be allowed to be tested. Nothing about other sports. At least the 10 seconds I let it go on until I said I'm not a resident. Where is the common ground for all of us? How do we get kids back in school and playing sports and all the other stuff they should be doing? My hope was that we work to get numbers down to something we can test and trace and manage and we would be ok. Doesn't seem to look like we can do that. Now lawyers. It will never happen if lawyers are involved.
Agreed. Involvement of lawyers screw-up much of life.

What I think CAN BE IMPLEMENTED is scanning foreheads thermally by both schools & athletic departments. This is financially & quickly implemented. Not 100% certain, but nothing ever is. However, it is another doable screening methodology.

Agreed. Involvement of lawyers screw-up much of life.

What I think CAN BE IMPLEMENTED is scanning foreheads thermally by both schools & athletic departments. This is financially & quickly implemented. Not 100% certain, but nothing ever is. However, it is another doable screening methodology.

... which would be a great solution if everyone who is infectious had a high temperature.

"Still, studies have shown that a significant portion of people with coronavirus have no symptoms or have symptoms so mild (like loss of smell) they may go undetected. Even those who eventually develop symptoms can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. In general, the more people you interact with, the more closely you interact with them, and the longer than interaction, the higher your risk of getting and spreading COVID-19, according to the CDC. " https://www.yalemedicine.org/stories/2019-novel-coronavirus/

The governor just mentioned covid-19 rapid testing. The website below made these claims among others.

• Accurate, objective and automated results in 15 minutes
    • Accurate detection with direct samples
    • Fluorescent technology with automated read allows for an objective result that eliminates the subjectivity of a visual read.
    • Up to 20 test results within an hour

CNBC had a company(RUCDR) on this morning that claims to be able to test 80,000 home saliva kits per day for Covid-19
Order kit, take spit sample, UPS to them, result in 24 to 48 hours, 99% reliable.

The governor just mentioned covid-19 rapid testing. The website below made these claims among others.

• Accurate, objective and automated results in 15 minutes
    • Accurate detection with direct samples
    • Fluorescent technology with automated read allows for an objective result that eliminates the subjectivity of a visual read.
    • Up to 20 test results within an hour

The governor said the testing does not apply to H.S. sports.

Testing does not apply to non-contact sports, so they don't have to be tested to compete in cross country, golf, tennis, or volleyball. We have a girl that does both cross country and golf, and she has her first golf match tomorrow. This has been the case all summer for non-contact sports (baseball, softball, for example) that have been allowed to compete.

CNBC had a company(RUCDR) on this morning that claims to be able to test 80,000 home saliva kits per day for Covid-19
Order kit, take spit sample, UPS to them, result in 24 to 48 hours, 99% reliable.
I saw that as well...80K tests/day may not be enough for HS sports across the country, however. We shall see.

Was very aware that cross country is now a "non-contact sport", but I can envision a number of scenarios where whole cross country teams may need to be tested.

We may get to run, but where? We have two meets on our schedule already cancelled, and conference along with school on hold.
It seems the Pre State meet is still a go.
Parent protest scheduled for 4pm today at the Bay BOE

We may get to run, but where? We have two meets on our schedule already cancelled, and conference along with school on hold.
It seems the Pre State meet is still a go.
Parent protest scheduled for 4pm today at the Bay BOE
What are we protesting for or against? For sports to be allowed. For in person classes or against. I don't want to look all stupid if I show up and I'm on the wrong side. To be honest with you, I'm kind of against Football. Not cuz of Covid, just in general all of a sudden. Can I be for sports, but against Football. Just for a year. By the way, I've heard Woodridge CC is looking pretty good.

The Boardman Spartan Meet is going to have to get real creative to pull that meet off.
So, how are you liking Georgia. That hot bed of Liberalism. Bet you aren't dealing with the problems of should there be in person schooling and all that. You just passed us here in Ohio with total number of Covid Deaths. Guess that means it's time to open everything up down there. Bring me some Boiled Peanuts.

Was very aware that cross country is now a "non-contact sport", but I can envision a number of scenarios where whole cross country teams may need to be tested.

Experts recommend that people wait 3-8 days from suspected contact before taking the diagnostic test (PCR). Otherwise there is unlikely to be enough virus present for the test to detect it. The test is nearly 100% accurate in diagnosing COVID-19 IF is it administered properly and in the right conditions. It's not like taking your temperature. You can be infected but not yet have a sufficient viral load for it to be identfied.

There is a reason pro-sports that are using testing as a screening tool are still creating "bubbles" in which the athletes live. Testing alone may not provide significant protection for our high school athletes.

Psycho I am living on a golf course and staying away from the drama. My neighbor who lives around the block just passed from the COVID-19. You might know him his name is Herman Caine. No joke.

Psycho I am living on a golf course and staying away from the drama. My neighbor who lives around the block just passed from the COVID-19. You might know him his name is Herman Caine. No joke.
Very sad. Upsetting. It's nice golfing down there. Enjoy that.

What are we protesting for or against? For sports to be allowed. For in person classes or against. I don't want to look all stupid if I show up and I'm on the wrong side. To be honest with you, I'm kind of against Football. Not cuz of Covid, just in general all of a sudden. Can I be for sports, but against Football. Just for a year. By the way, I've heard Woodridge CC is looking pretty good.
I wouldnt shed a tear if we had XC but not football. Hell, I wouldnt shed a tear if we had no in person school, but had XC Maybe it would help me get our XC participation numbers up, idk. Anything to get my team in a better position once this ruddy virus lets up. Anything to not repeat the disaster that was our 2019 season.