Reaction to Massillon Getting to Play at Home for a Title

What do you think about Massillon getting to play at home for their first real title?

• Advantage Massillon - they've only played one game outside Massillon all year so this is familiar

• Advantage Hoban - they get a little extra motivation to flex in Tiger town

• More pressure on Massillon - they would face the embarrassment of losing with every advantage

• More pressure on Hoban - home field still worth a couple points

• No real advantage to either

• It should never be allowed under any circumstance

• It adds another reason for the asterisk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not matter what anyone hear thinks. If Massillon wins it will forever be tainted. Say what you want, it’s going to happen and someone will always bring it up.
That was going to happen no matter how Massillon wins their first playoffs era title.

The people gleefully saying things like "paper Tigers" and other insults about Massillon don't care WHAT they can use to put down Massillon with, they'll always find something to use. After a title, they'll say they've only won one. Or there was a penalty that was or wasn't called. Or that they should've won more and therefore they still are horrible.

No. Matter. What. Happens.

It's quite comical looking on from the outside the sheer hatred some have for Massillon. And a victory won't change that. Nor will a loss.

If Hoban is as loaded as everybody says and thinks then it doesn’t matter. I’ve heard all week Hoban is going to win this game easily so we’ll see. I just find it funny how all The Massillon haters are out all week and would rather see Hoban win..a school that was totally irrelevant 10-12 years ago until they started recruiting kids from all over northeast Ohio ??

...a school that was totally irrelevant 10-12 years ago until they started recruiting kids...
I'd say any team that qualified for the playoffs 8-straight seasons from '98-'05 and, in that stretch, won at least one playoff game in all but one season and was a semi-finalist once has been relevant for quite some time.

Last edited:
If Hoban is as loaded as everybody says and thinks then it doesn’t matter. I’ve heard all week Hoban is going to win this game easily so we’ll see. I just find it funny how all The Massillon haters are out all week and would rather see Hoban win..a school that was totally irrelevant 10-12 years ago until they started recruiting kids from all over northeast Ohio ??
recruiting from other counties? ? Who has more recruits on the roster in this matchup?

Something they learned from Massillon

Again--we played and BEAT Hoban at Infocision last year. Infocision is quite literally down the street from Hoban's field (which only holds 2500 at full capacity).

You can imagine all you want--we played what amounted to as close as any team could have for a "home" game within driving distance of Massillon in the regional finals against Hoban last year.

If they decided to play it at Infocision this year I'm sure there would be no outcry from anyone in Massillon.

The fact remains that Massillon got the games because we stepped up to the logistical challenge of hosting 6 football games in 3 days on 1 day's notice.
WHY IS IT HOME FIELD? There will be 1500 people total there. I swear sometimes I think you guys have lost your dang minds.
I hear nothing but crickets in Massillon.

You're on the wrong thread, dip-s**t. I've been posting all night. Now, go back to the frier and shut up.

As I said on another thread, this game could have been played in Moore's backyard with Becca being the head ref, and it would't have made any difference. Hoban was just that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.