Reaction to Massillon Getting to Play at Home for a Title

What do you think about Massillon getting to play at home for their first real title?

• Advantage Massillon - they've only played one game outside Massillon all year so this is familiar

• Advantage Hoban - they get a little extra motivation to flex in Tiger town

• More pressure on Massillon - they would face the embarrassment of losing with every advantage

• More pressure on Hoban - home field still worth a couple points

• No real advantage to either

• It should never be allowed under any circumstance

• It adds another reason for the asterisk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PBTS is a high school venue and its a top tier facility - especially if they allow access to the indoor for teams. I agree with the move to have the high school championships in Canton and Massillon how they used to, this year just happens to be all in Massillon. I am good with that. I am no fan of the tigers but I do believe there are not many places that will have all hands on deck volunteers just to have the games there like Massillon will. You can hate them, however you can't deny the reality of the importance that community places on high school football more than any place anywhere.

It’s been a while since I’ve been there but did Massillon change out that bouncey flat turf that had like 15 years ago? If they still have that, it’s an advantage. If not, it’s the same 100yd x 52yd field you find anywhere else.

It’s been a while since I’ve been there but did Massillon change out that bouncey flat turf that had like 15 years ago? If they still have that, it’s an advantage. If not, it’s the same 100yd x 52yd field you find anywhere else.
They installed a new field prior to the 2019 season (documented in the 20190914 link to the CantonRep in post #14 below). Cannot speak for its bounciness. :)

Last edited:
Massillon has a great stadium and is a good choice to host the games. For those who think this is unfair, I feel like it is worth mentioning that in the Regional Finals this year, Hoban got to play at home (which they normally wouldn't get to do) and Massillon had to play on the road against Perry (which they normally wouldn't have to do).

Massillon has a great stadium and is a good choice to host the games. For those who think this is unfair, I feel like it is worth mentioning that in the Regional Finals this year, Hoban got to play at home (which they normally wouldn't get to do) and Massillon had to play on the road against Perry (which they normally wouldn't have to do).
The Tigers had left the Massillon area only once this year to play. And seem to had a problem with that. Hoban has 5 road wins.. They are built to win anywhere. They will celebrate in Massillon tomorrow.

The Tigers had left the Massillon area only once this year to play. And seem to had a problem with that. Hoban has 5 road wins.. They are built to win anywhere. They will celebrate in Massillon tomorrow.
Also Perry was seeded #1 Washington was #2 so that is why they had played at Perry.

I'm going to say this until I'm blue everywhere; this is TigerTown's year, so it's only fitting.

Now, if they could sell refreshments for early celebration, preferably Doritos.

Don't think there is an advantage like the past when Massillon fans have seats right behind the visiting team and got very loud and nuts. But that's good home town advantage stuff, Hoban is right down 77 so slight advantage at best, Hoban may use it for bulletin board material and get the advantage.

So McKinley plays a state championship game at that home field that's OK? Hoban plays basically a home game for the regional title last year vs Massillon that's fine tho right? 2 cent u was funny at first just a normal troll but at some point u gotta grow Tf up kind of sad if u wanna dog Massillon cool IDC but u need to start speaking with sense u look like a jack ??

Status
Not open for further replies.