Ravenna

I know that Ravenna's best freshman a few year's ago is now a Senior at Kent Roosevelt. The odd thing is that he didn't make the team there. Not sure what happened with that because he definitely had the ability to make Kent better. He would have clearly helped Ravenna out if he had stayed there.

Does Ravenna have a youth basketball program?

I know that Ravenna's best freshman a few year's ago is now a Senior at Kent Roosevelt. The odd thing is that he didn't make the team there. Not sure what happened with that because he definitely had the ability to make Kent better. He would have clearly helped Ravenna out if he had stayed there.

Does Ravenna have a youth basketball program?

New Kent head coach cut 4 of the 8 returning seniors in tryouts because he wanted to start over. The 4 seniors he cut did not come to any summer league games or pre season work outs. They just showed up at tryouts and were cut for freshman and sophomores who came to these preseason work outs. Problem was the new head coach also ran off 2 more seniors who were returning starters because he was not flexible in his coaching demands. Bottom line he has 2 seniors left and a bunch of freshman and sophomores who should be playing JV now playing varsity and currently 2-14. They will likely lose out this season and will be lucky to win even 1 game next year. Ravenna's athletic talent has been on the decline for years and the previous coach ran the program in the dirt by not developing players from the youth up. Yes they have a youth program but very weak.

What I dont get, is Ravenna has atheletes walking the halls. They do well enough at football. But for whatever reason, they are not getting these atheletes out for Basketball or even Track. It is a shame, because I believe that Ravenna has tremendous potential for Basketball, and Track.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk