Rank The Ten Best Teams In Your School's History

Maria Stein Marion Local (just my not very educated guess at top six):

1. 2014 15-0
2. 2007 15-0
3. 2017 15-0
4. 2013 15-0
5. 2000 & 2001 (tie) both 14-1

Other great Flyer teams included 1971 (10-0), 1979 (9-1 with possibly best ML defense ever), 1981 (10-1-1)

The 1985 team finished 9-1 with its lone loss to MAC foe St. Henry. The game was decided somewhat by a bad call on a SH fumble by the qb that was recovered and picked up by a Marion lineman who took off with it toward the Flyers' endzone. However, the play was quickly whistled dead and incorrectly ruled an incomplete pass. And listen to this: at the Blue & White Tavern in North Star several hours after the game, the SH qb told me personally that he had indeed fumbled the ball - aauugghh!

Toledo St. Francis de Sales

1). 1984 - 12-1 (DI State Champs)
2). 2001 - 13-1 (DII State Champs)
3). 1997 - 11-1 (Lost to eventual State/National Champs Canton McKinley 25-22 in regional final)
4). 2002 - 12-2 (Lost to eventual State Champ Chaminade in Final 4)
5). 1982 - 9-4 (DII State Runner-Up)
6). 1998 - 10-1 (Prior to playoff expansion and missed playoffs. Great team. Defeated a huge Moeller team 28-7 - beat SJ in HOF game 42-7)
7). 1983 - 9-1-1 (Prior to playoff expansion and missed playoffs. Great team. Had several DI guys)
8). 1968 - 10-0 (TCL and Shoe Bowl Champions)
9). 2009 - 11-2 (Scott Loy was tough. Lost to one of those great Maple Heights teams).
10). 1993 - 9-2 (Prior to playoff expansion. Lost last play of the game to Lima Sr. and State/National Champs Iggy - beat DCC's best team ever according to long time coach Tom Mach).

All but one season (1968 - Dick Mattingly) coached by Dick Cromwell.

Last edited:
Toledo Whitmer

1). 2012 - 14-1 (State Runner-Up)
2). 2010 - 12-2 (State Final 4 - lost to eventual State Champ St. Eds 24-14)
3). 2011 - 13-1 (State Final 4 - lost to eventual State Champ Iggy 17-7)
4). 2017 - 12-1 (Lost in Regional Final to Olentangy Liberty)
5). 1988 - 12-1 (State Final 4)
6). 1987 - 11-2 (State Final 4)
7). 1979 - 11-1 (State Final 4)
8). 2006 - 9-4 (Regional Finalist)
9). 2015 - 9-3 (Regional Semi-Finals)
10). 2007 - 9-3 (Regional Semi-Finals)

Nice thread worm

Last edited:
You're right on the point about thumping Moeller in 2003. I was a freshman in college that year and read the play by play on Yappi in my dorm room. I've never been able to find a video of that game but would still love to watch it. After playing St. X in the regular season in 2000, we never played another major powerhouse until that Moeller game...and that clearly had it's effects.

While I'm happy to have had the chance to play Division 1, I've always wondered how those teams would have performed at the D2 level. I think each of those teams were state champ caliber at the D2 level.

We will agree to disagree on 2003 vs 2000. Riddell was a one man recking crew on that team but it was not that talent imo (and we are splitting hairs at a certain point). Imo you could throw 2000-2003 in a bag, shake it up and pull them out in any order.

I will agree that the play calling did get stale with the spread. It was dynamic in 2000, by 2003 it was not very strong. That is one of the things I like about the current staff. They can scheme the hell out of their offense and outside games against Winton Woods they can flat out move the ball.

I was at the 2000 X game and 2000 Colerain playoff game. For the first few minutes after they marched right down the field and scored and moved right back into the red zone on the next drive I was thinking holy crap we are going to win. Well that Colerain defense was way to good in the end and made adjustments spying Riddell and it was game over.

p.s. I rank the 2003 team higher because coming out and absolutely controlling Moe all day was an eye opener for people in the region. If they had not been flat against Mason at Mason I think they win a playoff game that year getting the monkey off of Suriano's back. Non of the other teams behind them have that kind of statement win. Your 2002 team did have good wins in nail bitters over Harrison and Winton Woods.

Maria Stein Marion Local (just my not very educated guess at top six):

1. 2014 15-0
2. 2007 15-0
3. 2017 15-0
4. 2013 15-0
5. 2000 & 2001 (tie) both 14-1

Other great Flyer teams included 1971 (10-0), 1979 (9-1 with possibly best ML defense ever), 1981 (10-1-1)

The 1985 team finished 9-1 with its lone loss to MAC foe St. Henry. The game was decided somewhat by a bad call on a SH fumble by the qb that was recovered and picked up by a Marion lineman who took off with it toward the Flyers' endzone. However, the play was quickly whistled dead and incorrectly ruled an incomplete pass. And listen to this: at the Blue & White Tavern in North Star several hours after the game, the SH qb told me personally that he had indeed fumbled the ball - aauugghh!
The good old days, play a football game or bball game than go to the bar to have a couple of beers afterwards.

You're right on the point about thumping Moeller in 2003. I was a freshman in college that year and read the play by play on Yappi in my dorm room. I've never been able to find a video of that game but would still love to watch it. After playing St. X in the regular season in 2000, we never played another major powerhouse until that Moeller game...and that clearly had it's effects.

While I'm happy to have had the chance to play Division 1, I've always wondered how those teams would have performed at the D2 level. I think each of those teams were state champ caliber at the D2 level.

They played a sick Colerain team the week after St X in week 10 in 2000 So i would say that was the last power house.

I loved your teams and I thought they were really good but I dont know if they were state champ caliber. Also from what I remember those were peak enrollment years and I think they were closer to 600 boys at the time (peaked at 612 I think not sure what two year period)

2000: Lost to dII play off team Glen Este by 21 and iI dont think they were getting by Piqua. (I would have liked to have seen what they could have done with Riddell in that region)

2001: Still not sure if they are up there with Watterson and Desale that year but this team would have been cooking with oil in region 8 (butler was really on fire by end of the year so still not sure if they are getting out).

2002: Your senior year I think you guys would have been a real threat but I still think getting past CJ and Ringer would have been a huge challenge (remember mike daniels your junior year)

2003: This is the state champ team because of Dan Osborne (dan you owe $20 for saying this). I think this is the best combination of offense, and defense (I know the junior and sophomore classes were kind of spotty but you did not notice that because of how deep this class was).

In all seriousness Edgewood and Kings were good. I think Anderson would have been every bit as good and could in theory have won it all (avon was also pretty good). The real question is does Anderson pull it off? I love Suriano with all my heart and will defend him with the passion of a 1,000 suns but as someone said earlier by 2003 the play calling was getting stale.

Also back to that Moeller game. I was there and it was glorious. They pushed them around, controlled the game in a way that I would not have thought possible since the Moeller nostalgia had not worn off yet.

I love that this thread has been resurrected! Kirtland’s dominance the past decade allows them to field ten very solid teams to consider for this. There are other people much more qualified than me to do this, but I might as well try.

KIRTLAND TOP TEN TEAMS

#1: 2011 (15-0, Division V State Champions)

This team had EVERYTHING. Two first team all-state running backs, an offensive line who hardly missed any blocks, & a defense that stifled team after team. Some say first is the worst, second is the best. The first title team, however is the best, no question. They outscored playoff teams 206-29. Enough said.

#2: 2018 (15-0, Division VI State Champions)

This team is the closest to 2011, and surely had a harder road in the playoffs, but I still give 2011 the nod. Not many small schools could beat Mogadore, Fort Frye, & Marion Local in back to back to back weeks, but these guys got the job done.

#3: 2013 (15-0, Division VI State Champions)

One could make the argument that 2013 could be 2nd best as they scored the 3rd or 4th most points in a season in OHSAA history. But the difference for me is the D1-sized line of the 2018 team. Otherwise, they’re even in all other aspects.

#4: 2019 (15-0, Division V State Champions)

After the 2018 season, nearly every starter from the team graduated except for one person on each side of the ball. Most of the 2019 team was playing JV the previous year, yet ran the gauntlet and won back to back titles this past year.

#5: 2012 (14-1 Division V State Runners-Up)

One could argue putting this team above 2019 because they came back from 24 down to beat then state-power Ursuline in the greatest game I’ve ever seen. With all that aside, they ran into an amazing Coldwater team desperate to win a title after just missing the previous few years.

#6 2014 (14-1 Division VI State Runners-Up)

This team was also very good, that is until the Minster game. That 2014 instant classic lives in the hearts of both Minster & Kirtland fans. The Wildcats exposed Kirtland’s pass defense that day, and since then, Kirtland has had a much more competent pass defense. Featuring a defense that was led by a D1 caliber MLB, they had an outstanding year besides the championship loss.

#7: 2020 (9-0)

This team has the chance to finish higher if they go all the way, so technically this is an incomplete grade. This is perhaps the most balanced team Kirtland has had, but I wouldn’t put them up there with the 2011/18 teams. Either way, they have to get the job done against South Range in order to survive and advance.

#8: 2015 (14-1, Division VI State Champions)

I may get slack from some Hornet fans for this, but if we’re being honest, the 2015 shouldn’t have won it all, but they did. They’re a shell of other Hornet teams, but they did amazing with what they had. They had a stunning loss to Grand Valley in Week 2 and close wins against Cuyahoga Heights, Brookfield, & Grandview Heights. Then, they prevented Marion Local from winning 25 straight postseason games (5 straight titles) by squeaking out a comeback win in the state title game.

#9: 2008 (12-1, Region 17 Runners-Up)

2011 may have been the first state title team, but the 2008 team put Kirtland on the map. They ran the table all season, won the school’s first two playoff games in its history, and then NARROWLY lost to Youngstown Ursuline 18-17. Ursuline didn’t play its best that day, but nearly shocking the Irish made Kirtland know that they could play with the best. Kirtland’s best player that year had 100+ tackles, 20+ PASSING touchdowns, & 10+ rushing touchdowns.

#10 2017 (14-1, Division VI State Runners-Up)

The last team on this list is the only team to have a running clock put on them, thanks to a vengeful Marion Local squad. Nevertheless, they went unbeaten and won a few close games against Cuyahoga Heights, Mogadore, & Rootstown most notably. That team was full of players from the 2018 team who would put together one of the most complete teams in Kirtland history.

JUST MISSED:

2010 (12-1, Region 17 Runners-Up)
Blown out by Ursuline 48-0.

2016 (11-2, Region 21 Runners-Up)
Lost to Cuyahoga Heights twice by a combined 38-0 score.

COVENTRY COMETS (Akron, Ohio) Top Ten Teams:
(Today Coventry is no powerhouse but in the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, and early 1960s they were quite good. Football history began in 1929. 9 league championships during this time). Below I have listed (in my opinion) Coventry's best seasons since 1929 (Coventry's first year) to 2020.

1. 1996: (9-1). Coach Mo Tipton's Comets featured future Pro James Harrison (Pittsburgh Steelers). Well coached. Second place finish in the
Principal's Athletic Conference losing only to champion Manchester. Tipton was 25-5 in his 3 year stint at Coventry. He also had
many successful years coaching at Akron Hoban and Orrville.

2. 1958: (8-1). Coach Art Pardee and speedy running back Dave Eckard led the Comets to their third straight Metro League championship. The
Comets also tied for the league title in 1956 and 1957 with Tallmadge and Springfield respectively but won it outright in 1958.

3. 1963: (6-2-1). Coach Calvin McCoy's Comets won the Metro League championship outright in 1963, Coventry's last year to win a league title.

4. 2017: (8-2). Coach Ed Egan and star player Treon Sibley led the Comets to a second place finish behind Woodridge in the Portage Trail Metro
Conference.

5. 2006: (8-3). Coach Jay Newcome. Coventry's first year to make the State of Ohio playoffs losing to Aurora 29-6 in the first round.

6. 1934: (8-1). Coach Karl Muster's Comets first championship team sharing the Summit County League title with Mogadore. Coventry had won
just 5 games in it's previous 4 year history since football began in 1929. There was no football at Coventry in 1932.

7. 1945: (7-2). Coach Mark Miller returned from service in WWII to win his 4th Metro League title. Dave Goodyear was the star quarterback on this
team.

8. 1973: (7-2-1). Coach Jim Welling's Comets placed 3rd in the Suburban League behind champion Green and second place Hudson. Coventry's
best defensive team in my opinion in their all-time history (this was my senior year in high school btw).

9. 1959: (7-2). Coach Calvin McCoy's Comets featured future pro Ron Rector (Atlanta Falcons) as running back leading Coventry to a second
place finish behind champion Norton in the Metro League.

10. 1940: (7-1). Coach Mark Miller won the Metro League championship for the third straight year in 1940. The team featured quarterback Benny
Murphy, back up Jim Provence and speedy halfback Bruce Blackshere. Coventry was Metro League co-champs with Akron
Springfield in 1938 and 1939, also a powerhouse at the time.

Last edited:
Toledo Whitmer

1). 2012 - 14-1 (State Runner-Up)
2). 2010 - 12-2 (State Final 4 - lost to eventual State Champ St. Eds 24-14)
3). 2011 - 13-1 (State Final 4 - lost to eventual State Champ Iggy 17-7)
4). 2017 - 12-1 (Lost in Regional Final to Olentangy Liberty)
5). 1988 - 12-1 (State Final 4)
6). 1988 - 11-2 (State Final 4)
7). 1979 - 11-1 (State Final 4)
8). 2006 - 9-4 (Regional Finalist)
9). 2015 - 9-3 (Regional Semi-Finals)
10). 2007 - 9-3 (Regional Semi-Finals)

Nice thread worm
You have 88 listed twice

I remember Whitmer being really solid 86-88. Beat a darn good Sandusky Squad at Strobel in 88.

Toledo St. Francis de Sales

1). 1984 - 12-1 (DI State Champs)
2). 2001 - 13-1 (DII State Champs)
3). 1997 - 11-1 (Lost to eventual State/National Champs Canton McKinley 25-22 in regional final)
4). 2002 - 12-2 (Lost to eventual State Champ Chaminade in Final 4)
5). 1982 - 9-4 (DII State Runner-Up)
6). 1998 - 10-1 (Prior to playoff expansion and missed playoffs. Great team. Defeated a huge Moeller team 28-7 - beat SJ in HOF game 42-7)
7). 1983 - 9-1-1 (Prior to playoff expansion and missed playoffs. Great team. Had several DI guys)
8). 1968 - 10-0 (TCL and Shoe Bowl Champions)
9). 2009 - 11-2 (Scott Loy was tough. Lost to one of those great Maple Heights teams).
10). 1993 - 9-2 (Prior to playoff expansion. Lost last play of the game to Lima Sr. and State/National Champs Iggy - beat DCC's best team ever according to long time coach Tom Mach).

All but one season (1968 - Mattingly) coached by Cromwell.
83 and 84 those bad boys in Purple and White.

St. Francis DeSales

3. 1998 - State Champions, 13-1, only loss to D1 Westerville South
2. 1997 - State Champions, multiple D1 college players, gave up 6 points per game

Was Tom Weilbacher on these teams? He was a strong linebacker for the Bobcats when I was at OU.

Great list of Kirtland teams. They have had quite a run. I loved that 2011 team. Christian Hauber was a beast on both sides of the ball. That Kirtland team deserves the top spot. I like that you included the 2008 squad. They really got it started.

Great list of Kirtland teams. They have had quite a run. I loved that 2011 team. Christian Hauber was a beast on both sides of the ball. That Kirtland team deserves the top spot. I like that you included the 2008 squad. They really got it started.
Thanks Cardzfan. Hauber & Washington were the definitions of thunder & lightning in a backfield. Ben Madden from that 2008 squad might be one of the best (if not THE best) players Tiger LaVerde has had the chance to coach at Kirtland.
Mentor also has their list of great teams as well. I’m really pulling for you guys tonight against PC.

Frequent reader of the site...1st time poster...just felt like jumping in.
For Ironton:
10. 2019 - State runners-up. Lost to Kirtland.
9. 2001 - #1 in state. Undefeated regular season. Lost to Portsmouth in playoffs after beating them earlier.
8. 1985 - Lost to eventual state champ DeSales 24-19 in a game they easily could've won.
7. 1993 - State runners-up. Undefeated and #1 in regular season. Lost to Wauseon 10-7 due to questionable roughing the kicker penalty.
6. 1988 - State runners-up. Lost to ASVSM 14-12. Missed extra points after kicker was injured in semis.
5. 1978 - Loaded team. 9-0. Missed playoffs due to lack of 10th game (rules are different now).
4. 1981 - Undefeated 10-0. Missed playoffs. Had a backfield with guys who played at Marshall, Syracuse, Navy, and Morehead.
3. 1999 - State runners-up. Lost to Sandusky Perkins in last seconds. Featured running back who starred at Michigan State and center who started at Clemson.
2. 1989 - State champs. Featured guys who played at Marshall, Furman, and Kentucky.
1. 1979 - State champs. Beat ASVSM 7-6 at the Rubber Bowl. My personal favorite (wink wink).

The '08 Kirtland-Ursuline game was in Warren. I went and froze my butt off. It was sooooooo cold that night! What's crazy is that the night before, Steubenville played Perry in Warren and the weather was perfect. Great weekend of games at Mollenkopf!

Heckuva effort by Kirtland in '08. Ursuline won their last two games by a combined score of 56-6.

The '08 Kirtland-Ursuline game was in Warren. I went and froze my butt off. It was sooooooo cold that night! What's crazy is that the night before, Steubenville played Perry in Warren and the weather was perfect. Great weekend of games at Mollenkopf!

Heckuva effort by Kirtland in '08. Ursuline won their last two games by a combined score of 56-6.
Funny thing is in 2010 Ursuline dismantled us 48-0 as we were down our starting QB. Then in 2012, we came back from 24-0 down to beat them.

Point is...anytime we play Ursuline, it’s usually been a great game. Now that their old coach is back, I know it would for sure be a great game if we played each other again.

I posted this on Facebook a few weeks back & I got a pretty good response from people here in Warren. Of course, a good part of those were from former football players who disagreed with me, but it all made for a great convo. I'm looking forward to hearing from other posters on this topic.

Warren G. Harding

10. 2004 (8-3): Not as loaded as the other teams on this list, but Mario Manningham’s heroics made this a very fun year. Roger Matlock, one of the most underrated quarterbacks in WGH history, threw for 1,370 yards & 14 TDs. There haven’t been many QBs in WGH history with those numbers in a single season. The 30-26 victory over Cleveland Glenville is one of the greatest games that I’ve ever witnessed.

9. 1962 (9-0-1): I have to believe that if it wasn’t for a tie against Mansfield in the season opener, this team would have won WGH’s first ever state title. Massillon owned the poll era (24 AP Poll titles), but the Tigers lost to WGH 20-7. For the season, the Panthers outscored their opponents 382-37. A couple days back, I saw Warren1st speak very highly of this team, so he would have a lot more info on them then I do. I can only go by the scores, and this group was pretty dominant.

8. 2006 (9-4, Region 1 Runner Up): After losing both starting quarterbacks within the first two weeks, this team had every reason to quit on the season. Somebody forgot to tell them that as they won 5 of their last 6 games to make the playoffs. Their victims included two teams that were nationally ranked at the time (Cleveland St. Ignatius & Lakewood St. Edward). If it were not for a loss to a pass happy Mentor squad, the next two weeks could have been pretty interesting.

7. 1998 (8-2): 1998 was the last season in which only 4 teams per region made the playoffs. In week 8, Canton McKinley came back in the 4th quarter to defeat WGH 20-16. WGH finished 5th in the final Region 1 standings. In week 14, Canton McKinley won the Division 1 state championship game by 23 points.

6. 2003 (11-1, Region 1 Quarter-Finalist): This team entered the season ranked as high as #4 in preseason national rankings. For 11 consecutive weeks, they lived up to the hype. They were a heavy favorite to win the Division 1 state title. They were ranked #2 in the country before being upset by Lakewood St. Edward in the second round of the playoffs. In week 15, St. Eds lost to Cincinnati Elder in the Division 1 state championship game.

5. 2001 (11-2, Region 1 Runner Up): Having Maurice Clarett, the 2001 USA Today Offensive Player of the Year & “Mr. Football,” is enough for the hype by itself. One underrated fact about this team is that the defensive starters didn’t get scored on until week 6. In week 2, they gave Cincinnati Moeller their worst loss in school history (55-0). For the season, they scored the most points in WGH history (547) while only giving up 163 points. This season is “the one that got away.”

4. 2002 (14-1, Division 1 State Runner Up): In reality, 2001 was a more dominant team, but 2002 just knew how to win games. Eight of their fifteen games were decided by 7 points or less, but if the clock didn’t read “0:00,” you couldn’t take your foot off the gas on this group of Raiders. Just ask Lakewood St. Edward, who held a 16-15 lead over WGH with 0:19 left. With the St. Eds student section chanting, “OVERATED,” quarterback Mike Kokal threw a 47 yard bomb to then-sophomore Mario Manningham. After a spiked ball, Joe Spain entered the game and kicked a 39 yard field goal to send the Eagles home devastated. Cincinnati Elder’s 21-19 victory over WGH in the state title game still stings, but it didn’t take away from the fact that 2002 was a magical season.

3. 1974 (10-1, Class AAA Champions): They say that football players today are bigger, stronger, and faster than they’ve ever been. While that may be true as a whole, the overall team speed of the 1974 Panthers was something that’s rarely seen at the high school level. Despite the fact that opposing teams knew that WGH was going to run the ball, that didn’t stop them from compiling a school record 3,673 rushing yards in just 12 games. Their 33 point victory over Upper Arlington in week 12 is the 3rd largest blowout in the history of the Class AAA/Division 1 state championship game.

2. 1971 (10-0, Class AAA AP Poll Champs): Many fans say that “AP Poll titles weren’t won on the field,” but I beg to differ. I wasn’t around in 1971, but I know enough about the old days to know that WGH paid heavy dues back then. A football schedule that includes programs the likes of Massillon, Canton McKinley, and Steubenville would be extremely difficult today, but that was even more the case in the 70’s, not to mention that Warren Western Reserve & Niles were both state powerhouses back then as well. In 1971, WGH outscored those five opponents 114-33 and for the season, they outscored all ten of their opponents 322-41. The greatest teams shine in the biggest moments. The ’71 Panthers did just that.

1. 1990 (14-0, Division 1 State Champs): From 1988 to 1995, Cleveland St. Ignatius won 7 state titles. The only one that they didn’t win in that time span was in 1990, which as we know, was won by WGH. Speaking of “Iggy,” it’s highly debatable that if it wasn’t for them, Warren Western Reserve would have closed the book on their proud football history with a state title in 1989. Once the “westsiders” came over to WGH & joined forces with players the likes of Omar Provitt, Chancey Coleman, and Gary Aceto (I had to shout out my boy Aceto, lol), the ingredients for a state takeover were in place. As if it wasn’t enough that the wide receiver trio of “TKO” (short for Thomas Teco Powell, Kendall Richardson, and Omar Provitt) provided many nightmares for opposing defenses, the massive offensive line provided holes that you could drive a truck through. Did I mention that Myron Elzy was a 6’5, 260 pound was the starting fullback? It was all bad for the rest of Ohio in ’90. Long-time fans of Cincinnati Princeton are still having nightmares about Provitt’s performance in the state championship game.

I started this thread 7 years ago. The only team I'd insert is Harding's '16 squad from Lynn Bowden's senior year at the 8th/9th spot.. I'm torn because they had more offensive firepower than the '06 squad, but '06 was so tough & resilient! I don't think that '16 would've experienced the growing pains that '06 did, but I don't think that '06 would've lost to Hudson in the playoffs.

Uniontown Lake Blue Streaks

1. 1991 - Matt Christopher
2. 1993 - Aaron Vanderkaay
3. 1970 - Brian Bowers
4. 1999 - Steve Graef
5. 1997 - Darren Dutton
6. 2010 - Jimmy Luther
7. 2004 - John Rutan
8. 1990 - Craig Dues
9. 2006 - Josh McCutcheon
10. 1972 - 1st year of OHSAA playoffs. Lost to St. Vincent St. Mary (AA) State Semifinals
The 88' team has to be on this list. Otherwise, very well done.

Rank by Harbin Total (1972-present)
1. 45.44 St. Xavier 2007: 15-0 Beat Mentor in state final 27-0
2. 41.32 St. Xavier 2005: 15-0 Beat Massillon Washington in state final 24-17
3. 40.10 St. Xavier 2006: 10-2 Lost to Colerain in regional final 24-7
4. 39.18 St. Xavier 2004: 11-1 Lost to Moeller in 2nd round 10-7
5. 39.07 St. Xavier 2017: 11-2 Lost to Colerain in Region 4 final 21-14
6. 38.69 St. Xavier 2009: 9-3 Lost to Elder in 2nd round 17-14
7. 37.64 St. Xavier 1998: 11-2 Lost to Canton Mckinley in state final 33-10
8. 37.63 St. Xavier 2014: 10-3 Lost to Moeller in 3rd round 21-0
9. 37.51 St. Xavier 1999: 10-1 Lost to Dayton Wayne in regional final 37-14
10. 37.48 St. Xavier 2001: 13-1 Lost to St. Ignatius in state final 37-6

Rank per ReLoad expert opinion
1. 2007: 15-0, 2nd state championship beat Mentor 27-0
2. 2005: 15-0, 1st state championship beat Massillon Washington 24-17
3. 1992: 13-1, Lost to St. Ignatius in state final 24-14
4. 1968: 9-0-1, A 6-6 tie in week 10 vs Moeller prevented a perfect season.
5. 1999: 10-1, Lost to Wayne in region 4 final 37-14, Beat Moeller 2x and state champ St. Ignatius 50-33 in regular season
6. 1998: 11-2, Lost to Mike Doss and Canton McKinley in state final 33-10
7. 2016: 10-5 3rd state championship, beat St. Ignatius in final 27-20 (2 OT) at Ohio Stadium
8. 2001: 13-1, Lost to St. Ignatius in state final 37-6
9. 2006: 10-2, Lost to Colerain in regional final 24-7 at Nippert Stadium
10. 2017: 11-2, Lost to Colerain in Region 4 final 21-14 at Dwire Field in Mason

I like "Reload's" expert opinion much better. Nice job regarding St. X. BTW that '97 team was among the best ever in Ohio since the playoffs began.

Rank by Harbin Total (1972-present)
1. 45.44 St. Xavier 2007: 15-0 Beat Mentor in state final 27-0
2. 41.32 St. Xavier 2005: 15-0 Beat Massillon Washington in state final 24-17
3. 40.10 St. Xavier 2006: 10-2 Lost to Colerain in regional final 24-7
4. 39.18 St. Xavier 2004: 11-1 Lost to Moeller in 2nd round 10-7
5. 39.07 St. Xavier 2017: 11-2 Lost to Colerain in Region 4 final 21-14
6. 38.69 St. Xavier 2009: 9-3 Lost to Elder in 2nd round 17-14
7. 37.64 St. Xavier 1998: 11-2 Lost to Canton Mckinley in state final 33-10
8. 37.63 St. Xavier 2014: 10-3 Lost to Moeller in 3rd round 21-0
9. 37.51 St. Xavier 1999: 10-1 Lost to Dayton Wayne in regional final 37-14
10. 37.48 St. Xavier 2001: 13-1 Lost to St. Ignatius in state final 37-6

Rank per ReLoad expert opinion
1. 2007: 15-0, 2nd state championship beat Mentor 27-0
2. 2005: 15-0, 1st state championship beat Massillon Washington 24-17
3. 1992: 13-1, Lost to St. Ignatius in state final 24-14
4. 1968: 9-0-1, A 6-6 tie in week 10 vs Moeller prevented a perfect season.
5. 1999: 10-1, Lost to Wayne in region 4 final 37-14, Beat Moeller 2x and state champ St. Ignatius 50-33 in regular season
6. 1998: 11-2, Lost to Mike Doss and Canton McKinley in state final 33-10
7. 2016: 10-5 3rd state championship, beat St. Ignatius in final 27-20 (2 OT) at Ohio Stadium
8. 2001: 13-1, Lost to St. Ignatius in state final 37-6
9. 2006: 10-2, Lost to Colerain in regional final 24-7 at Nippert Stadium
10. 2017: 11-2, Lost to Colerain in Region 4 final 21-14 at Dwire Field in Mason

Will move the 2020 State Championship team into the 4th slot on the all time list after 2007, 2005 and 1992 teams.

La Salle
1. 2014 14-1 #6 in the country, GCL Co Champions, Division 2 state champions
2. 2019 13-2 underrated on Maxpreps, Outright GCL Champions, Beat St X at St X for the first time since 2003, Division 2 state champions
3. 2015 13-2 #11 in the country, Division 2 state champion, only reason below 2019 is because of the 1-2 GCL record
4. 2016 13-2 First outright GCL title Division 2 state champion
5. 2020 8-3 Regional Champions albeit a little underwhelming
6. 2017 10-3 Regional runner up very good defense
7. 2010 9-2 Best start in program history 9-0
8. 2005 8-2 criminal they missed the playoffs with that record
9. 1995 7-3 first share of the GCL championship
10. 1985 8-3 first playoff appearance in school history