Quirky

Its not driving if you can't hang your elbow out. I'll do that and windows open heat on in Winter, moreso when gas prices are low, lol.

Its not driving if you can't hang your elbow out. I'll do that and windows open heat on in Winter, moreso when gas prices are low, lol.
I did the air with windows down the other day - until I hit the freeway. Nice. Can't recall if I have done heat in the winter, but I suspect I have. Short window of opportunity in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
I hate air conditioning. Even though I hate hot weather I never turn on the AC. AC feels too sanitary and I enjoy the fresh air from having the windows open.

I hate walking, takes too long to get places. I'll drive, ride bike or run, if it's over 100' count me out for walking unless I'm inside or with someone that won't run.
I typically even run from the parking lot into a store... I always pick a shopping cart with good wheels so when I leave I use it like a scooter and can fly out to the van...I get some really strange looks.

I don't think I have any seriously quirky habits. No obsessions or repetitive habits that I'm aware. I can take or leave most of my daily routines. I do have a preference for what order they put the doughnuts in the bag but that has a very reasoned.... reason. Don't want the frosting of the frosted doughnut to get on the non frosted doughnut. Who would?!?!

I don't like my food to be served piping hot. I hate sitting down to eat and having to wait for food to cool to where it won't burn my mouth.

If I eat breakfast in the kitchen, I prefer to eat standing up.

I hate walking, takes too long to get places. I'll drive, ride bike or run, if it's over 100' count me out for walking unless I'm inside or with someone that won't run.
I typically even run from the parking lot into a store... I always pick a shopping cart with good wheels so when I leave I use it like a scooter and can fly out to the van...I get some really strange looks.
OK Forrest.

OK Forrest.
LOL You have no idea how many times that has been used on me!
Also people look at me like I'm streaking or something and seem a bit startled. One time some kids (drunk?) went along side of me for quite a while screaming all sorts of goofy things.

I'm sure one day, I'll just stop.

When filling up the gas tank in my car I always have to fill it up to the exact dollar (ie- $23.00). If I go over by .01 I have to get it to the next dollar by any means necessary.

I hate air conditioning. Even though I hate hot weather I never turn on the AC. AC feels too sanitary and I enjoy the fresh air from having the windows open.
I did not have AC until I was 30ish. As kids dad would throw a box fan in the front door pushing air in and one in the back door pushing air out and the whole family would sleep on the living room floor. Never seemed like a big deal except for maybe a couple nights a year. When in college I bought a duplex and rented out the other half and refused it then as well. When it is warm I'm outside. Could be 100, I love it. We have AC now which is nice for sleeping but I still cannot understand people that essentially refuse to come outside if the temp is above 85.

Chalk me up as another who dislikes AC. The super-cool air makes my body stiff. My parents didn't have central air installed until after I graduated HS. We had a large window fan upstairs, set the fan direction to exhaust, and open all the other windows to pull the air through the house and out the fan. I also dislike restaurants where the AC is running full blast, and you freeze just from drinking a Coke.

I've caught myself turning on the space heater for a while in the late evening even though the air/circulating fan may be on. (Similar to the op).

Though that device should have been put away by now, my knees and calves have enjoyed it. And yes, this is the first time I have done this. :)

It also (safely) doubles as a left-hand magazine stand while I keep the other one junked up!

I must have all can goods like soup cans turned facing the same way. All towels hanging on racks must be of precise equal length. My wife says she cannot swim but I suspect she has been taking swim lessons? Supposed to go on our boat for a night cruise later. ;)

I must have all can goods like soup cans turned facing the same way. All towels hanging on racks must be of precise equal length. My wife says she cannot swim but I suspect she has been taking swim lessons? Supposed to go on our boat for a night cruise later. ;)

They make medication for that now. (y)

Chalk me up as another who dislikes AC. The super-cool air makes my body stiff. My parents didn't have central air installed until after I graduated HS. We had a large window fan upstairs, set the fan direction to exhaust, and open all the other windows to pull the air through the house and out the fan. I also dislike restaurants where the AC is running full blast, and you freeze just from drinking a Coke.
Put one fan on exhaust, then another fan on the opposite side of the house to pull air in. Airs it out nicely. And keep the blinds closed during the day. It's not bad at all.

I do the same thing with can labels and towels. I have several OCD-type quirks. Mostly, I just like to be organized. I can't stand disorganization.

Another OCD behavior: I organize the currency in my wallet (front to back), from smallest to largest bills...ones in the front, then fives, all the way to hundreds in the very back...obverse always facing out. (Yes, I still carry and use currency). Plus, I hate wrinkled or curled dollar bills and I straighten them out...even the folded corners.

I have a few others. :)

I do the same thing with can labels and towels. I have several OCD-type quirks. Mostly, I just like to be organized. I can't stand disorganization.

Another OCD behavior: I organize the currency in my wallet (front to back), from smallest to largest bills...ones in the front, then fives, all the way to hundreds in the very back...obverse always facing out. (Yes, I still carry and use currency). Plus, I hate wrinkled or curled dollar bills and I straighten them out...even the folded corners.

Anyone who doesn't do this is insane

Cans fronted with labels facing out and all cash facing the same way are habits I picked up working in the grocery business. Pretty fanatical about towels, too. I can get messy (kitchen table dumping ground, for example), but before long I have to straighten up.

Bedroom doors have to be in perfect alignment with the wall when open. Drives my better half crazy. Throw rugs must be "square", too.

Last edited:
Another thing. All the digital clocks in my house have to switch at exactly the same moment. When the clocks all have to be reset, I'll go to time.gov on my phone, then walk around and set each clock. People who have one clock at 10:05 and another at 10:07; they are maniacs.

Another thing. All the digital clocks in my house have to switch at exactly the same moment. When the clocks all have to be reset, I'll go to time.gov on my phone, then walk around and set each clock. People who have one clock at 10:05 and another at 10:07; they are maniacs.

Reminds me of the old saying, "Man with one watch always knows what time it is; man with two watches is never quite sure."

Anyone who doesn't do this is insane
My ex-girlfriend didn't carry a wallet or purse and just shoved her money in her jean pockets...sometimes a front pocket, sometimes a back pocket. Of course, it was cute at first...then her disorganization became annoying.

That's common sense and good organization BlackHawk!