Question for SEC fans

Arrogate

I got some food cooking and was asking for some advice.

How do you take your crow?

Medium rare?

Does A1 Steak Sauce go well with crow?

Secfb I prefer to eat mine raw. You don't have to cook it. Just give it to me without feathers. Bones are fine.

Dawg may win this

I didn't mention anything about Georgia winning. I already have stated I thought OSU had the better resume but the loss to Iowa probably did them in.

If they don't expand to 8 this will set a precedent for two teams from a conference which imo
is stupid

Just expand to 8 and be done with it

I want 8 as well but good luck convincing the P5 leadership to do it. They couldn't even form a playoff properly. The committee is just a way for them to maintain control.

I didn't mention anything about Georgia winning. I already have stated I thought OSU had the better resume but the loss to Iowa probably did them in.

If they don't expand to 8 this will set a precedent for two teams from a conference which imo
is stupid

Just expand to 8 and be done with it

Expand to 8, then the 9th team is ticked. You're not going to make everyone happy. This year the committee did a good job. Yes, some are clammoring for UCF to get in, but did they have any kind of resume? They played MAC level competition all season. Great they went unbeaten and they did beat Auburn today, but they needed to build up a better resume coming in.

We're going to have 2 SEC teams in the finals...

And we might have had 2 B1G teams in if we left out Georgia & Bama and put in Ohio State & Wisconsin or Penn State. Or we may have had two Big 12 teams in if the SEC got left out.

I'm convinced more then ever that the 4 game playoff is a joke. Last year Ohio State had no business being in the game ahead of Penn State even if as a fan I liked it.

Tonight I'm watching two teams with great defenses and a Bama team with a physical run game. But I also see poor QB play and a Clemson offensive line that would have really struggled with Ohio States D line. In the 1st playoff game I saw an amazing offensive duel. I also saw two very poor defensive units on display. I suspect that UCF would have shredded BOTH Georgia & Oklahoma and would have taken either of those teams to the wire.

Bottom line is that if you put two SEC teams in a 4 team playoff and then get a couple of breaks & good match ups it's easy to get an all SEC championship game.

We need a minimum of 8 teams in the playoffs and 12 would be even better.

Expand to 8, then the 9th team is ticked. You're not going to make everyone happy. This year the committee did a good job. Yes, some are clammoring for UCF to get in, but did they have any kind of resume? They played MAC level competition all season. Great they went unbeaten and they did beat Auburn today, but they needed to build up a better resume coming in.

Weak argument against expanding the playoff but I get it if you're an SEC fan with an automatic bid and the chance to get two teams in. An 8 team playoff will give you a truer champion then a 4 team system can. And sure #9 will be ticked but that's less of a problem then #5 being screwed. Heck, 12 teams would be even better.

As for the UCF's of the world, if you had an 8 team playoff then you could reserve one spot for the highest rated non-power conference team which this year would have been UCF. Everyone loves an underdog!

Boom.

If Alabama wins the committee is justified and will lead to buckeye nation exploding

The committee isn't justified in anything. We'll never know whether they got it right because only letting 4 teams in the playoffs is woefully inadequate for a sport that features over a 100 teams competing.

We can make an educated guess though that four teams isn't enough by looking at how other levels of football handle their playoffs. In D2 & D3 college football sometimes the top seeds win it all sometimes they don't. This is also true at the high school level. In the pros you've had wild card teams win Super Bowls.

It would be a no brainer to expand the field to 8 and allow an automatic bid for the highest rated non P5 team. You could also award a spot to all the P5 conference champs leaving 2 wild card options. Why we aren't doing this today is beyond me.

Weak argument against expanding the playoff but I get it if you're an SEC fan with an automatic bid and the chance to get two teams in. An 8 team playoff will give you a truer champion then a 4 team system can. And sure #9 will be ticked but that's less of a problem then #5 being screwed. Heck, 12 teams would be even better.

As for the UCF's of the world, if you had an 8 team playoff then you could reserve one spot for the highest rated non-power conference team which this year would have been UCF. Everyone loves an underdog!

The problem with 8 or 12 is that it completely kills the value of the regular season. The best way to find a champion was to take 2 and play one game.

The only way the regular season matters in a playoff format is to create 4-super conferences of 16-20 with 2 divisions. Each division winner goes to the Conference Championship which is the de facto Quarterfinals, then you play a Semifinal and Championship Game.

The Group of 5 already gets no respect, so make them FBS 1-AA. Give them their own playoff and/or use the bowl system to let their best teams go up against the Power 5 teams