Ptc

It should be, there is a school that will inquire about the opening, too much travel in the league they are in

Newton Falls would be a good fit for the County Division. The other option would be add a team to the Metro and drop Field down to the County. Maybe a team that isn't very competitive in the Suburban?

I doubt NF would join. They already got out of playing league foe Brookfield, I doubt they'd want to play Mogadore

Well since there are two privates in the PTC county now, they could always ask Aquinas. Not sure how that would be received. ��

I think Field needs to go to the County League. It is one thing to have a down year, even to the point of losing every game. Coventry has had plenty of those, believe me. But if every league game is a blowout with running clock at half time, I think we have a problem. Kids at Field are gonna lose confidence, and even when they might have talent to compete in the metro, it may not happen. I think losing is in danger of becoming a mentality, an attitude at Field, which will cause their atheletes to loose heart. Plus think of all the lost revenue from declining ticket sales. I dont think Field should stick it out here in the Metro, times have changed.

Would. love to see the MOGADORE, FIELD rivalry back....been way too long. Make it end of year game. The following should all be end of year games if Field returns. Crestwood - Garfield, Southeast - Rootstown. If Lake Center ever gets a football team ( as they were supposed to do on entering league) pair up with Valley..

So, who wants in? Tallmadge? Cuyahoga Falls? CVCA is not getting in, so frget that.

Would Crestwood vs Garfield have to give all their gate $ to Mogadore?

So, who wants in? Tallmadge? Cuyahoga Falls? CVCA is not getting in, so frget that.

Would Crestwood vs Garfield have to give all their gate $ to Mogadore?
Field needs to drop down. They looked at WRA for football only. They have 2 private schools in the conference. The 2 schools could compete in the PTC but it will not happen. CVCA would go into the Metro

JFK, would help the county immensely. Outside of Mogadore football no sports teams are really any threat outside of the county. Year in and year out teams come in with good records and high seeds in sports only to lose early to lower seeded Mahoning, Trumbull etc... county teams.

I just want Field out of the Metro. No offense to them, but they are currently the weakest team in the league by far, their scores against PTC Metro teams this season clearly indicate that it could be a very long time before Field could be competitive in the Metro again, and having to play them basically works against any PTC Metro team trying to make a playoff run. Field to the County, Tallmadge to the Metro is what I want. It would be best for all parties involved. I would really like to see the PTC Metro get stronger as a league.

I just want Field out of the Metro. No offense to them, but they are currently the weakest team in the league by far, their scores against PTC Metro teams this season clearly indicate that it could be a very long time before Field could be competitive in the Metro again, and having to play them basically works against any PTC Metro team trying to make a playoff run. Field to the County, Tallmadge to the Metro is what I want. It would be best for all parties involved. I would really like to see the PTC Metro get stronger as a league.

Best for all parties involved? Including Tallmadge? I think Tallmadge is happy and doing just fine in a thriving Suburban League. I'm surprised the members remain willing to travel to Cloverleaf.

JFK, would help the county immensely. Outside of Mogadore football no sports teams are really any threat outside of the county. Year in and year out teams come in with good records and high seeds in sports only to lose early to lower seeded Mahoning, Trumbull etc... county teams.

Other PTC schools have done well outside of Mogadore. Last year Garfield was regional finalist in football losing to eventual state champ Canton Central. The Garfield boys basketball team was regional semifinalist as well losing to eventual state champ VA-SJ. The Garfield girls basketball team were regional finalists also losing to eventual state champ Gilmour Academy.
In addition Rootstown wrestling was 4th in the state with 6 All-Ohio wrestlers last season. (They were 5th in the state in 2016 as well as state semifinalist in the dual team wrestling tournament.)
In track the PTC county girls had 1 individual state champ (winning her 3rd state title), 2 runners up ( one of whom was 5th in the nation at New Balance Nationals), and 2 third place finishers.
All in all that's not bad for a small primarily public school league in one school year.

Travel to Cloverleaf is not bad at all.

Kent is not coming back. They left because they have too many sports that are not competed in the PTC.

CVCA will not get in.

So, as usual, a lot of talk and no real solutions or anyone in the know.

as soon as Coventry's school district collapses from the weight of open enrollment they are gonna be in worse shape than Field.

as soon as Coventry's school district collapses from the weight of open enrollment they are gonna be in worse shape than Field.

Just curious what makes you think this? We are scheduled to pay the last 2.4 million back this year & hopefully come out of fiscal emergency & if the renewal passes in a few weeks which looks like a good possibility Coventry will be in better shape than it ever has

Why do people talk about stuff they know nothing about?

I believe State involvement was best thing that could of happened, I believe very similar as Springfield’s experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And while the state auditor report did state that we were losing a million dollars per year over open enrollment, their report did not factor some of the expenses that would remain the same, regardless of what we did to open enrollment. It assumed we would have fewer administration positions, fewer teachers in certain departments, fewer coaches, custodians, etc. When that was not the case. Our district did its own report which found that they were actually making money over open enrollment. That is not to say that Open enrollment, if it is too big, cannot get to the point where it is a financial drain, it most certainly can. The state auditor claimed we've past that point, but the school district refutes that and says we haven't crossed that point.

I wouldn't honestly mind Louisville in the PTC. It would make PTC Metro Track very interesting, wouldn't it, Psychodad? No more 36 point for you in the mile+2 mile.